6 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 All Recommend Thread
Yarborough Vaults
April 10, 2024, 7:22am
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.28
Rep Score: +1 / 0
Approval: +214
Gold Stars: 32
The club is probably waiting until we're mathematically safe before releasing next season's season tickets, but what do we think the uptake will be?

It's been a horrible, soul sapping season with a few bright spots but we do have DA to prepare for his full first campaign. Some will see that as a positive and some may not given results and performances.

There are players that suggest we can improve next season. Or has the back end of this campaign stopped all the momentum and goodwill of the new owners/FA Cup run.

Personally, I'm not sure how I feel but I think a season ticket will be worth the gamble unless we lose our last few games in poor fashion. If so, I'll probably pick and choose games instead next season.

Logged Offline
Private Message
It Bites
April 10, 2024, 7:33am
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.46
Rep Score: +4 / -10
Approval: +2,258
Gold Stars: 266
4k season tickets next season. Why ? Because the fans know it’s gonna be another hard slog . The once mighty mariners just can’t compete with out huge investment in the team
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 50
1mickylyons
April 10, 2024, 7:36am
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.53
Rep Score: +42 / -14
Approval: +9,389
Gold Stars: 56
The fayre on offer has been terrible and now with the EFL messing the kick off times around a ST seems even less appealing. Personally I feel only a really strong recruitment campaign will see more than 4k renew and that's assuming we're still in the EFL. Relegation would be a disaster.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 50
thornemariner
April 10, 2024, 7:51am
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.12
Rep Score: +5 / 0
Approval: +665
Gold Stars: 22
I'm having to pass on a ST. I'm finally getting back to some normality after Covid and spending a few months abroad travelling each year. We only win a handful of home games in the EFL and only then when I'm not there. Its been a real waste of money this year. I have friends with STs who travel up from London. They've seen less wins than me because circumstances dictate they can't make every game.

I just see more of the same and its disheartening. Getting too old for it. I'd miss the social side of it but plenty I know,and some I see before games, have had enough.
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 50
AdamHaddock
April 10, 2024, 7:55am

Main Stander
Posts Per Day: 1.26
Rep Score: +37 / -5
Approval: +2,834
Gold Stars: 26
It will be like most summers. People rule out getting a season ticket but once the dust settles on this season and a few signings trickle in, people will sign up again out of some unfounded optimism

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 50
April 10, 2024, 8:01am
Guest User
It’s the travelling that does it for me. Certainly not coming up from London every game, but it’s still a 150 mile round trip. And it’s difficult to get motivated for that at the best of times.

Also, I’m píssed off where I am in the main stand for a number of reasons. If we manage to stay up, it’ll be a mixture of 1878 membership and away games for me.
Reply: 5 - 50
grimps
April 10, 2024, 8:17am
balderdash
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.79
Rep Score: +21 / -19
Approval: +5,136
Gold Stars: 46
We’ve not really seen any kind of exciting football at Blundell park for 15 years , even our promotion seasons we was shite to watch at home and often get out hustled by teams full of part time players .

Big investment is needed in the team otherwise it’ll just be like the Fenty days were were supposed to be happy finishing 3rd from bottom every year
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 50
Poojah
April 10, 2024, 11:10am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.25
Rep Score: +76 / -11
Approval: +29,666
Gold Stars: 1,508
In the space of less than 12 months, we’ve gone from a virtuous circle to a vicious one. The prevailing winds were favourable this time lass year, they will significantly less so this summer.

We’ve created a hole to dig ourselves out of, and that’s deeply frustrating.

A smooth sea never made a skillful mariner.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 50
Mikey_345
April 10, 2024, 11:13am
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.32
Rep Score: +12 / -1
Approval: +5,527
Gold Stars: 107
This maybe an unpopular opinion but hear me out - a few less season tickets maybe a good thing in one respect.

I can't see the weekly attendance changing much, so effectively the same number of bums on seats. However we've all seen the issues in terms of ST holders not releasing or coming every week, think there's been a huge element of 'fear of missing out' by some over the last few seasons. Would also give friends more of an opportunity to sit together, I know three people that used to attend every week together that are in different stands such was the clamber for ST's - might help the atmosphere abit. More match day ticket sales, less ST and the same attendance equals more revenue due to the price per game..

All Town aren’t we

@GTFCLondon

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 50
pizzzza
April 10, 2024, 11:14am

Pontoonite
Posts Per Day: 1.05
Rep Score: +20 / -10
Approval: +6,701
Gold Stars: 137
Blind faith maybe, but I honestly cannot envisage a season were I do not buy a ST.
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 50
Mappers
April 10, 2024, 11:33am
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 5.45
Rep Score: +8 / -3
Approval: +4,407
Gold Stars: 119
I will get one but can see a reason not to .

I think for some it might be a no based on the show (or lack of ) this season .

For some maybe a question of price - I mean if they raise them in line with what other clubs have it will probably be  £400 + quid for an adult 1 . Will be interesting whether they do put the price up , freeze them or the % increase of most others .

Then there is the fact you will be able to watch half the games on the box for free - I'm sure if we do well crowds will be strong but if it's another poor to average season saving £20 odd quid in the middle of winter while you can keep warm and watch it in comfort probably becomes more appealing .

Hopefully the club has a good marketing strategy .
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 50
ska face
April 10, 2024, 12:05pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.21
Rep Score: +60 / -14
Approval: +21,754
Gold Stars: 851
In the past two seasons we’ve scored 56 league goals at home across 45 games, conceding 66.

All well & good saying we’ll have space for more walk-ups but that means you have to sell those tickets every week. Hope the marketing team are ready for pre-season because the playing staff haven’t helped them one bit.
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 50
Chrisblor
April 10, 2024, 12:14pm

Elemér Berkessy
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.22
Rep Score: +51 / -20
Approval: +8,933
Gold Stars: 238
I'll reluctantly renew mine because i've got intercourse all better to do with my Saturdays

gary jones
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 50
diehardmariner
April 10, 2024, 12:20pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.99
Rep Score: +36 / -6
Approval: +17,653
Gold Stars: 539
I'll end up renewing for the same reason that I've probably done for 17 or 18 of the last 20 years.  

It's a social habit.  Genuinely wish it wasn't, but it is.  
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 50
diehardmariner
April 10, 2024, 12:20pm
Vodka Drinker
Quoted from ska face
In the past two seasons we’ve scored 56 league goals at home across 45 games, conceding 66.

That is truly depressing!
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 50
LH
April 10, 2024, 12:27pm

Posts Per Day: 1.92
Rep Score: +30 / -13
Approval: +18,566
Gold Stars: 174
I’ll renew if we’re in the league but not if we go down. I’ve got my first son due in July and money will be tighter for a year or so so will need to justify spending. I can’t justify a season ticket in non-league in the circumstances.
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 50
moosey_club
April 10, 2024, 2:05pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.70
Rep Score: +69 / -22
Approval: +20,292
Gold Stars: 226
Will take some hefty marketing that's for sure.

2023/24 DLWDDWDLLLWDLLLLWDDDWDLLWLDLLDWDDWLLDWLWLWL but not NLN 😁
2022/23LDWDWWDWLLDWWDLLLDLWLLWLWLLWDDLDWWDDDLLWDWLWLW
2021/22 WDWWWWDLWWWWLLLWLLDLWLLWWDWWWLWDLWWDWWWDLWD play offs WWW Promoted 🥳
2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
2019/20  WDLDWWLDLWWLLLDLDLDLDDWWDLLWDDWWL WLLW - ended
2018/19  LWDDLLLLLLWWDWLLLWDWLWWWWLLLLWWWWDLLLDDLLDLWLW Hello Scunny  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 50
David Frazer
April 10, 2024, 2:52pm
Shandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.41
Rep Score: +0 / -4
Approval: -507
Gold Stars: 5
Wow ! Lincolnshires alledgedly biggest club ( NOT) and the fans who sell out ( NOT) home and away saying there not renewing !

Surely not !

We have just sold just under 5000 early renewals /new tickets for next season ! Mainly at £399/adult price and expect to sell nearly 1200 or so more ,including corprate areas and boxes.

Its clear theres only one team on the up/ going places in lincolnshire ! Ok you may raise up a few places in league2 from where you are now but you dont seem very keen about it.

UTI

THE FUTURES BRIGHT ITS RED AND WHITE
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 50
jamesgtfc
April 10, 2024, 3:06pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.16
Rep Score: +20 / -5
Approval: +13,039
Gold Stars: 190
I think that a few weeks of no football and a couple of signings that are decent on paper will be enough to tempt many to renew.

If we drop into non-league, many say they won't go, but I think a change in manager that would potentially then happen would make many change their mind.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 50
It Bites
April 10, 2024, 3:15pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.46
Rep Score: +4 / -10
Approval: +2,258
Gold Stars: 266
Quoted from David Frazer
Wow ! Lincolnshires alledgedly biggest club ( NOT) and the fans who sell out ( NOT) home and away saying there not renewing !

Surely not !

We have just sold just under 5000 early renewals /new tickets for next season ! Mainly at £399/adult price and expect to sell nearly 1200 or so more ,including corprate areas and boxes.

Its clear theres only one team on the up/ going places in lincolnshire ! Ok you may raise up a few places in league2 from where you are now but you dont seem very keen about it.

UTI

and here you are gloating like a simpleton when you could be banging your mother
Private Message
Reply: 19 - 50
Mappers
April 10, 2024, 3:29pm
Champagne Drinker
Quoted from David Frazer

Surely not !

UTI

That's about 2500 more than there wasn't every week when you were NL fodder so I'm not sure what your point is - extra fans come out when a club is doing well shocker
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 20 - 50
Chrisblor
April 10, 2024, 3:46pm

Elemér Berkessy
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.22
Rep Score: +51 / -20
Approval: +8,933
Gold Stars: 238
Quoted from David Frazer

Surely not !

UTI

someone ban this tedious girl private

gary jones
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 21 - 50
nealeardleyscrossing
April 10, 2024, 3:59pm
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.13
Rep Score: +2 / -1
Approval: -306
Gold Stars: 4
Quoted from Mappers

That's about 2500 more than there wasn't every week when you were NL fodder so I'm not sure what your point is - extra fans come out when a club is doing well shocker

Whilst I get your point Mappers, I don't think those days will return - We've captured those fans, and seem to have kept them - That is how you grow a fanbase, Yes football, but matchday experience, stadium and also the City will help. The Cowleys clearly started it, but it has been built on.

It has to be done over a period of time, but the Club is growing almost as fast as the City - I think we have sold so many because their is a possibility, albeit a slim one that it could be a very cheap season ticket in the Championship.

Clearly you are well supported, especially with how poor it has been for you for a number of years, but I am not convinced it will get better for you until you have a clear plan - Artell was an odd move, safe, but uninspiring, I don't see how he grows your club.

I think you have to see yourself, as a club, as a stepping stone for players and also for managers - I am not sure your fanbase accept that - We could easily lose our manager and 2-3 players, but I am confident replacements will already have been sought.

I think our keeper will go for big money, but apparently we already have a replacement lined up - At our level, it is how you have to work.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 22 - 50
Zmariner
April 10, 2024, 4:09pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.17
Approval: +2,131
Gold Stars: 44
Quoted from David Frazer

Surely not !

UTI

You need to spend less time on here and get yourself to an English language class. If my kids were at your level, I would be really disappointed. Just a bit of friendly advice as I don’t want you to embarrass yourself when you are not amongst friends…….
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 23 - 50
ginnywings
April 10, 2024, 4:16pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.02
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,151
Gold Stars: 548

Whilst I get your point Mappers, I don't think those days will return - We've captured those fans, and seem to have kept them - That is how you grow a fanbase, Yes football, but matchday experience, stadium and also the City will help. The Cowleys clearly started it, but it has been built on.

It has to be done over a period of time, but the Club is growing almost as fast as the City - I think we have sold so many because their is a possibility, albeit a slim one that it could be a very cheap season ticket in the Championship.

Clearly you are well supported, especially with how poor it has been for you for a number of years, but I am not convinced it will get better for you until you have a clear plan - Artell was an odd move, safe, but uninspiring, I don't see how he grows your club.

I think you have to see yourself, as a club, as a stepping stone for players and also for managers - I am not sure your fanbase accept that - We could easily lose our manager and 2-3 players, but I am confident replacements will already have been sought.

I think our keeper will go for big money, but apparently we already have a replacement lined up - At our level, it is how you have to work.

I think we do have a plan, but PH scuppered it by the looks of it, and it seems he wasn't on board with our recruitment policy, from the noises coming out of the club.

The Conteh signing and sale shows what we need to be doing more of.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 24 - 50
diehardmariner
April 10, 2024, 5:00pm
Vodka Drinker

I'd give my right arm to be in your position now, but the problem with doing well is that you're there to be picked at.  Your players are attracting interest, rightly so too.  I dare say the head coach is getting more than a few admiring glances as well.  That might generate you loads of income.  But there's never a guarantee you'll replace what you've lost, never mind improve it.

We've seen that as recently as last summer.  We had a windfall and we drunk it up the wall.  2016 we had a windfall from the sale of Bogle, drunk it up the wall. Ginny's point about Hurst buggering up the plan highlights how it can go wrong, very quickly and is very difficult to claw back.

Football is cyclical, you're riding the crest of the wave but I don't think that wave will last forever.  You're absolutely punching above your weight at the minute and bloody hats of to you for it!  Local rivalry aside I'd rather see a side doing that than some mega moneybags team loaded up to the eyeballs with parachute payments achieving.  

You've not had your acid test yet with regards keeping hold of those fans, you're only 7 or 8 years removed from struggling to get enough people in your ground to fill a single stand.  One really bad season and we'll see how it goes.  What happens if you get picked off in the summer and the recruitment is horrendous?  Do those fans stay with you?  No-one knows and only time will tell.

As a side note - is there any chance there's some sort of education you can put on for your 'newer' fans?  Seeing your ground referred to as 'The LNER' is absolutely horrific.  It's Sincil Bank, Sincil male masturbation if we're throwing crappy insults and that's it.  We've got intercourse all to crow about at the minute but I honestly think I would chuck my lot in if our fans started calling Blundell Park 'The Stagecoach' or 'The Anglian Water'.
Private Message
Reply: 25 - 50
Mappers
April 10, 2024, 5:05pm
Champagne Drinker

I never disagree with most of what you put , it's always an intetesting well thought out and balanced read which i enjoy. It's that other blokes weird goading of us I find strange .

I think we do have a plan in terms of wanting to player trade our way to success/sustainability and selling Conteh was a good start with getting a relatively decent fee /sell on . Whether we can implement it consistently time will tell i guess .

I agree on Artell but if he stay up he will be given a chance to fully build his own squad , and I guess then we will find out if he can really move us forward with 'a model ' that's not a fully functional one yet by any means in the mould of which he had at Crewe .

No I doubt you will ever drop to those numbers again - Lincoln & Donny seem the 2 in form teams of late and if either /both make it to the play-offs the momentum could get them through you would have thought .

Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 26 - 50
mariner91
April 10, 2024, 6:44pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.64
Rep Score: +78 / -11
Approval: +19,718
Gold Stars: 262

Is that true though? You've definitely increased the attendances from sometimes having less than 2000 home fans in the NL. However, you're currently on your best run of form virtually in living memory at a level of the football pyramid you've not been at for nearly four decades before this current stint and you've still had less than 7000 home fans at two of your last five home games. That includes a home game on the back of a thumping 5-1 win away at a team sat in the play offs and you still followed it up with less than 7000 home fans. You've conceded roughly half the number of goals at home all season that we conceded at home in January and have only lost four home games. Yet it's only the last two games where the home end has sold out. Hardly champing at the bit or fighting to get in are they?

The new fans have known nothing but success or at worst L1 midtable mediocrity. Will they stick around when you inevitably have a  shite season? If it takes getting in to the play off picture and a 16 match unbeaten run to fill your home end then I'd suggest they're not going to be attending when you have a poor season.

Not taking anything away from how well run your club is, there's clearly a plan that is working and I'm envious that you've got some seriously saleable assets which will help too.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 27 - 50
moosey_club
April 10, 2024, 6:46pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.70
Rep Score: +69 / -22
Approval: +20,292
Gold Stars: 226
Quoted from David Frazer

Surely not !

UTI

Wish I could convincingly argue against that.........

The only crumb of argument I can offer is that a large proportion of our demographic, anyone 40 plus, are used to sitting divisions above the likes of your club (or 2nd club? ) for half of their lives and its soul destroying watching us fall and fail to capitalise on opportunities to return to the old status quo...even the last couple of seasons of light at the end of the tunnel have turned out to be an oncoming train.
Pre match last night in Harrogate our chatter turned to Ivano Bonetti...we regailed the youngsters with his story, effect and ability....20 mins later we were watching 10 players who between them would struggle to trap a bag of cement.

Enjoy your moment...

2023/24 DLWDDWDLLLWDLLLLWDDDWDLLWLDLLDWDDWLLDWLWLWL but not NLN 😁
2022/23LDWDWWDWLLDWWDLLLDLWLLWLWLLWDDLDWWDDDLLWDWLWLW
2021/22 WDWWWWDLWWWWLLLWLLDLWLLWWDWWWLWDLWWDWWWDLWD play offs WWW Promoted 🥳
2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
2019/20  WDLDWWLDLWWLLLDLDLDLDDWWDLLWDDWWL WLLW - ended
2018/19  LWDDLLLLLLWWDWLLLWDWLWWWWLLLLWWWWDLLLDDLLDLWLW Hello Scunny  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 28 - 50
HertsGTFC
April 10, 2024, 7:58pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.26
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +22,985
Gold Stars: 228
[quote=289]This maybe an unpopular opinion but hear me out - a few less season tickets maybe a good thing in one respect.

Less season ticket = less income? Not what we need when the squad is so poor, I get what you mean though.

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 29 - 50
TownSNAFU5
April 10, 2024, 8:15pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.13
Rep Score: +30 / -21
Approval: +6,894
Gold Stars: 42
Brighton are rightly heralded as how to run a club successfully.  Source worldwide talent, develop it and sell-on for large profits.

They had a big leg-up with capital investment to set up this business model in the first place. The owner funded a new stadium and set up good players and all base support systems.  They then picked 2 excellent managers.  Sharp management and recruitment then followed.

The point being that you have to start somewhere with this approach.  Starting with good money is a massive advantage.  
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 30 - 50
Marinerdeano
April 10, 2024, 8:21pm
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.06
Rep Score: +4 / 0
Approval: +467
Gold Stars: 27
OK I get it, we have been hard done to in recent years and crave past glories of course but why would I give up supporting my club? I absolutely get it if you have to travel and may decide to pick and choose. It's on my doorstep, it's something to do on Saturday afternoon with likeminded people. Yeah it can pain me at times but that's the nature of the beast and never forget the good feeling when things happen, those moments.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 31 - 50
Mappers
April 10, 2024, 8:33pm
Champagne Drinker
Quoted from HertsGTFC
[quote=289]This maybe an unpopular opinion but hear me out - a few less season tickets maybe a good thing in one respect.

Less season ticket = less income? Not what we need when the squad is so poor, I get what you mean though.

It would possibly be more income beneficial to the club IF we had a stella season BUT if it's a season like this one the guaranteed income would be most welcome you would have thought - I'm not sure we would have got 6k for some games after some of the beatings we have taken at £22 quid a pop or whatever it is on the day .

Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 32 - 50
Yoda
April 10, 2024, 8:47pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.29
Rep Score: +5 / -20
Approval: -3,189
Gold Stars: 72
Lincoln sold a reasonable amount of season tickets but will still lose another 4 million.
They will be bankrupt in two years after losing 20 million in 5 years.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 33 - 50
mariner91
April 10, 2024, 9:19pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from Yoda
Lincoln sold a reasonable amount of season tickets but will still lose another 4 million.

They won’t be bankrupt as they don’t owe that money to anyone. Currently someone is willing to pump it in. Why they’d do so is a mystery and whether they continue to do so remains to be seen but they won’t be bankrupt in two years.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 34 - 50
nealeardleyscrossing
April 11, 2024, 8:59am
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.13
Rep Score: +2 / -1
Approval: -306
Quoted from Yoda

We won't be bankrupt at all - We don't owe any money - We have money put in, we are at no financial risk.

Added to the fact we have a keeper who is valued at 2 million, and 2 or 3 players who will command huge fees too (If they leave, which our model is to allow players to move on), then we will obviously reduce the amount of money needed to fund the club.

As mentioned previously though, it is about how we spend the cash, which will hopefully keep us moving in the right direction.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 35 - 50
Captain Sensible
April 12, 2024, 3:37pm
Shandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.09
Approval: +178

Out of interest, does your club report actual attendances or total sales?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 36 - 50
David Frazer
April 12, 2024, 5:12pm
Shandy Drinker
Oh Yoda please shut up as we dont owe money to ANYONE or have lost that amount of money anyway.Next years loss is anticipated at @£3million by the way ! If we go up( and yes probably not ) then things change with income from gates/sponsorship/player sales.

Even if we dont go up gates will remain high with the type of football we are seeing and some big clubs coming down and up! More sell outs im afraid ,it isnt going belly up anytime soon and thats not rocket science to work out !
Season tkt sales were 4900+ so far and they expect 12/1300 more with corporate sales ( bar areas/boxes).Also we have 40/50 corporate firm sponsors .

So Yoda please shut as your more likely to go bust before we do.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 37 - 50
GollyGTFC
April 12, 2024, 5:51pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.69
Rep Score: +19 / -11
Approval: +6,044
Gold Stars: 358

We won't be bankrupt at all - We don't owe any money - We have money put in, we are at no financial risk.

Added to the fact we have a keeper who is valued at 2 million, and 2 or 3 players who will command huge fees too (If they leave, which our model is to allow players to move on), then we will obviously reduce the amount of money needed to fund the club.

As mentioned previously though, it is about how we spend the cash, which will hopefully keep us moving in the right direction.

Plenty of clubs have gone to the wall because an owner(s) who were bankrolling them have had a change of circumstances and future planned losses can’t be met.

It happened to Notts County when their owners business collapsed. It happened to Gretna in Scotland when their owner was critically ill in hospital.

No business that replies on benefactors to trade is truly secure. And that includes Lincoln City and Grimsby Town.
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 38 - 50
ska face
April 12, 2024, 6:04pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.21
Rep Score: +60 / -14
Approval: +21,754
Gold Stars: 851
Saw earlier today that Sutton are using Klarna to help fans spread the cost of their season tickets.

Wonder if we’ll have something similar or if the club have opted for the annual hoop-jumping and fannying about?
Private Message
Reply: 39 - 50
rancido
April 12, 2024, 6:06pm

Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.26
Rep Score: +41 / -10
Approval: +6,618
Gold Stars: 96
Quoted from David Frazer
Oh Yoda please shut up as we dont owe money to ANYONE or have lost that amount of money anyway.Next years loss is anticipated at @£3million by the way ! If we go up( and yes probably not ) then things change with income from gates/sponsorship/player sales.

Even if we dont go up gates will remain high with the type of football we are seeing and some big clubs coming down and up! More sell outs im afraid ,it isnt going belly up anytime soon and thats not rocket science to work out !
Season tkt sales were 4900+ so far and they expect 12/1300 more with corporate sales ( bar areas/boxes).Also we have 40/50 corporate firm sponsors .

So Yoda please shut as your more likely to go bust before we do.

Excuse my ignorance but if you expect to lose £3 million then who makes that up? If it's a "gift" from your owners then you are being bankrolled. What do you expect to lose the season after or will you be self- funding by then?

The Future is Black & White.
"The commonest thing on this planet is not water , as some people believe, but stupidity ". Frank Zappa
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 40 - 50
David Frazer
April 12, 2024, 9:26pm
Shandy Drinker
I cant answer Rancido im afraid but 3million is the quoted figure for this current period of accounts,made up/ cleared by the owners /investors( silly term i know).Bankrolled! Arent all clubs?!? some better than others of course! Very hard to predict the season after next of course and re self funding/sustainablity all i know is the club has some very saleable players potentially for vgood money.
Like yourselves the premier league / regulator new deal money will help us all somewhat if they ever agree it
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 41 - 50
April 13, 2024, 8:28pm
Guest User
Quoted from David Frazer

Surely not !

UTI

You know that sound Pingu makes when he’s laughing at the misfortune of the penguin, seal, etc?

Yeah well that.
Reply: 42 - 50
mariner91
April 13, 2024, 10:26pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from 140381

You know that sound Pingu makes when he’s laughing at the misfortune of the penguin, seal, etc?

Yeah well that.

I'd also point out that it still wasn't a home end sell out. 17 games unbeaten in L1 and before today a decent shot at the play offs (now an outside shot) and still not a home end sell out. Makes you wonder why these Americans are happy to lose £3-4 million each season on a club that, whilst being in a city that is growing, is ultimately in a city that doesn't really care about it that much. And will likely quickly desert them if things go south, just as they did before. Although I doubt most of them will come on here crying about how bad they are and say they're only going to support Man City from now on.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 43 - 50
Yarborough Vaults
April 20, 2024, 5:08pm
Beer Drinker
These need to go on sale tonight while people are buzzing
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 44 - 50
LH
April 20, 2024, 5:27pm

Quoted from Yarborough Vaults

Buzzing? Really?
Private Message
Reply: 45 - 50
Yarborough Vaults
April 20, 2024, 5:32pm
Beer Drinker
Quoted from LH

Buzzing? Really?

Am I wrong to believe a home win to secure our league status may stir feelings of positivity?

Not a fireworks moment for sure, but still.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 46 - 50
LH
April 20, 2024, 5:35pm

Am I wrong to believe a home win to secure our league status may stir feelings of positivity?

Not a fireworks moment for sure, but still.

Relief maybe? I’m not sure I’ll be rushing to part with £400 just yet.
Private Message
Reply: 47 - 50
Hagrid
April 20, 2024, 5:36pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.80
Rep Score: +49 / -21
Approval: +20,489
Gold Stars: 536
Certainly not buzzing and certainly not rushing to buy one
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 48 - 50
Mappers
April 20, 2024, 5:50pm
Champagne Drinker
I'm getting one whatever next year , I will give Stockwood & Pettit 2/3 years more and If they deliver better performance & a new training ground probably forever . But if it's like this season for 2 more years + no training
ground I will pick and choose games.

I will add - they have given us 2 good years ,Fenty gave us 1 out of 18 or whatever  and my goodwill Is certainly still there for them .they deserve the fans  support with a hit rate of 2/3 seasons of relative success imo and people should lay off them a bit and see if they can deliver or not (along with Big D )  . I am on the fence with him as a manager but maybe he can deliver something decent.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 49 - 50
Spidey
April 20, 2024, 5:53pm
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.09
Rep Score: +4 / 0
Approval: +385

I’m certainly not buzzing!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 50 - 50
6 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards The New Fishy › Season tickets 24/25

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.