Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards The New Fishy › JS where are you.!!!!
Moderators: Moderator
Users Browsing Forum

JS where are you.!!!!

This thread currently has 13,733 views. Print
19 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 Next All Recommend Thread
mariner91
March 29, 2024, 6:04pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.64
Rep Score: +78 / -11
Approval: +19,744
Gold Stars: 262
I suspect that both our majority shareholders will have had a rude awakening about the money required to compete in L2. We got away with it a little bit last season with a cup run disguising what was an otherwise relatively disappointing season. I know we came 11th but if it wasn’t for a good loan signing in January (Lloyd) having a good partnership with McAtee we would have found ourselves only just above the relegation zone.

Unfortunately whilst the rest of the division has really kicked on, we’ve regressed. Replaced a dependable keeper with two who aren’t good enough, time caught up with Waterfall and Smith went back, the midfield was poor all season and wasn’t improved and only up front have we managed to be okay.

I suspect that it’s partly we’re not spending too much on wages but also that Hurst wasted the budget e.g an inexplicable three year contract for Harvey Rodgers or your number 9 being a player who’s played the last two seasons at wing back. Either way, if we manage to survive then next season we’re going to have to do a lot more to compete. Forget the infrastructure, it’ll be totally irrelevant if we end up an established non league side.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 182
chaos33
March 29, 2024, 6:06pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.58
Rep Score: +66 / -33
Approval: +17,992
Gold Stars: 362
We are awful, but this is clearly a thread for the heavy heads to babble a load of gibberish.

"You should do what you love while you can"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 182
male private Nale
March 29, 2024, 6:34pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.35
Rep Score: +3 / -2
Approval: -925
Gold Stars: 136
Do not worry lads, he has listened to the majority of fans on here and will be replacing the  scotch eggs with beetroot sarnies, a firm favourite amongst the posters on this site.

As a caveat he said he will not be responsible for the cleaning up of the inevitable stains on the 5XL replica shirts.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 182
Northbank Mariner
March 29, 2024, 6:37pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.75
Rep Score: +9 / -9
Approval: +7,526
Gold Stars: 172
Quoted from Yoda
We need a statement from Jason to the fans about the situation not another Guardian interview.
Jason you are sending this club down again probably to oblivion, nice scotch eggs don’t win matches.
Has anyone heard anything from our new CEO another silent waste of money.

urine off Yoda, you're parasitic.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 182
barralad
March 29, 2024, 6:44pm
Mariners Trust
Posts Per Day: 2.32
Rep Score: +85 / -22
Approval: +9,299
Gold Stars: 127
Quoted from Hagrid

The scotch egg lineis seriously flipping boring btw

Especially as we haven't had them for over a season now and J.S. and A.P. do not control what the people who have the franchises sell in their outlets.

The aim of argument or discussion should not be victory but progress.

Joseph Joubert.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 182
mariner91
March 29, 2024, 6:49pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.64
Rep Score: +78 / -11
Approval: +19,744
Gold Stars: 262
Quoted from male private Nale
Do not worry lads, he has listened to the majority of fans on here and will be replacing the  scotch eggs with beetroot sarnies, a firm favourite amongst the posters on this site.

As a caveat he said he will not be responsible for the cleaning up of the inevitable stains on the 5XL replica shirts.

If at first you make a joke about beetroot sandwiches that falls flat because it’s so amazingly unfunny, try it a few more hundred times and eventually it’ll get a laugh.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 182
HistonMariner
March 29, 2024, 6:50pm
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.10
Rep Score: +6 / -1
Approval: +558
Gold Stars: 13
I’ve never had any dealings with running a football club.  But  I’ve worked for a major national company  (25,000 employees) before having my own company (100 emplyees).
I experienced many experts who came to work who had an ‘oligy’, had read (allegedly) many books and could spout very plausible bullshit. (for a while) and they soon found they’d entered a world that didn’t fit their ideas & expectations.  Sometimes their ideas, data, algorithm's MIGHT help BUT as supporting rather than leading the way.

Ultimately from my perspective football is about people, the intangible and experience - it is not a science.

The fun has gone because I think the soul is being damaged. I’m gutted I feel this way.  For the first time my glass is half empty..  I think I’m done but ……….

As a bullshitt.r I hate being bullshitt.d but I can’t see where we are supposed to be heading and I fear where we actually are heading.
Logged Offline
Site Private Message
Reply: 16 - 182
TAGG
March 29, 2024, 6:53pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.93
Rep Score: +26 / -27
Approval: +2,938
Gold Stars: 126
Don't need a statement, we needed action after the Doncaster game but that didn't come.
Things now feel like the Fenty days  

In his three stints as Grimsby Town manager spanning over 10 years the club was never relegated and he also guided them to three promotions.
Only 14 managers have reached 1,000 matches in charge of a Football League team by 1998 and Buckley is one of them.
GOD
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 182
GibMariner
March 29, 2024, 7:10pm
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.31
Rep Score: +1 / -4
Approval: -964
Gold Stars: 21
Quoted from TAGG
Don't need a statement, we needed action after the Doncaster game but that didn't come.
Things now feel like the Fenty days  

But we are getting into much more debt.
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 182
male private Nale
March 29, 2024, 7:10pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.35
Rep Score: +3 / -2
Approval: -925
Gold Stars: 136
Quoted from mariner91

If at first you make a joke about beetroot sandwiches that falls flat because it’s so amazingly unfunny, try it a few more hundred times and eventually it’ll get a laugh.

Believe me, the beetroot brigade know exactly who they are! Chomp Chomp
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 19 - 182
19 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards The New Fishy › JS where are you.!!!!

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.