Southwark Mariner
March 14, 2024, 12:29pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.69
Rep Score: +21 / -6
Approval: +3,550
Gold Stars: 83
Quoted from ska face
There’s a Bab Tooma in Bradford and it’s the best Middle Eastern food I’ve ever had, the absolute bøllocks. They’ve got them in Roundhay & York too, highly recommended.

My sources say it's very good but the service can be a bit....absent
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 58
Poojah
March 14, 2024, 12:31pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.25
Rep Score: +76 / -11
Approval: +29,550
Gold Stars: 1,500
Quoted from ska face
There’s a Bab Tooma in Bradford and it’s the best Middle Eastern food I’ve ever had, the absolute bøllocks. They’ve got them in Roundhay & York too, highly recommended.

It’s fúcking superb, isn’t it. They deliver to my house so it’s a regular Friday night Deliveroo for me. Easy to turn your nose up at “Syrian” food, but if you like grilled meat and rice it’s some of the nicest food you’ll find anywhere, imo.

Apologies for turning this thread, about Stockport, into an advert for Bradford btw.

A smooth sea never made a skillful mariner.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 58
Limerick Mariner
March 14, 2024, 12:41pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.56
Rep Score: +10 / -3
Approval: +5,696
Gold Stars: 136
Chesterfield coming up to replace Mansfield in terms of similar distance similar shiteholeness, but easier to get there on the train. Then hope it’s Barnet, not gobby Woodhead and feckin Michael Cheek.

Coming down we’ve tinpot Cheltenham and Fleetwood, plus Carlisle and Vale with their fans that liked to come round from the Osmond to have chat with the Lower.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 58
Poojah
March 14, 2024, 12:52pm
Vodka Drinker
Quoted from Limerick Mariner
Chesterfield coming up to replace Mansfield in terms of similar distance similar shiteholeness, but easier to get there on the train. Then hope it’s Barnet, not gobby Woodhead and feckin Michael Cheek.

Coming down we’ve tinpot Cheltenham and Fleetwood, plus Carlisle and Vale with their fans that liked to come round from the Osmond to have chat with the Lower.

Chesterfield have form for that, too. Never before have so many men failed to move so little fencing.

Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 58
louth_in_the_south
March 14, 2024, 2:15pm

Exile
Rep Score: +25 / -12
Approval: +5,682
Gold Stars: 96
Funniest thing about that is how unconcerned the police look 🤣

Lower F5
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 58
diehardmariner
March 14, 2024, 2:35pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.99
Rep Score: +36 / -6
Approval: +17,622
Gold Stars: 539
Quoted from Limerick Mariner

Not sure Cheltenham come down to be honest.  In (very slightly) better, or probably fairer to say less excrement, form than Burton and Cambridge.  Clarke massively improved them pretty much from the point he took over.  After their shocking start it's testament that they're still in the fight.  

Tough run in though, Lincoln and Stevenage for their final two games.
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 58
Poojah
March 14, 2024, 3:15pm
Vodka Drinker
Quoted from diehardmariner

Not sure Cheltenham come down to be honest.  In (very slightly) better, or probably fairer to say less excrement, form than Burton and Cambridge.  Clarke massively improved them pretty much from the point he took over.  After their shocking start it's testament that they're still in the fight.  

Tough run in though, Lincoln and Stevenage for their final two games.

Still a possibility of Reading coming down yet, if they pick up another hefty points deduction. 10 points and they’re in deep trouble.

Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 58
IlkleyMariner
March 14, 2024, 6:59pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.56
Rep Score: +12 / -1
Approval: +3,012
Gold Stars: 69
Anyone who wants a truly ethnic curry in Bradford, Try the Kashmir on Morley St. Alcohol not served but water is free and near spoons for a jar or two before

Think it’s the oldest and currently most authentic Asian restaurant in the city centre.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 58
Southwark Mariner
March 14, 2024, 7:01pm
Whiskey Drinker
Rep Score: +21 / -6
Approval: +3,550
Gold Stars: 83
Omar's don't mind you bringing your own beers.

I think Rate my Takeaway did Kashmir's this week.

edit yes he did. He can be a tiny bit irritating but usually knows when the food is good or not.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 58
forza ivano
March 14, 2024, 7:22pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 2.46
Rep Score: +72 / -20
Approval: +15,184
Gold Stars: 265
Quoted from Poojah

It’s fúcking superb, isn’t it. They deliver to my house so it’s a regular Friday night Deliveroo for me. Easy to turn your nose up at “Syrian” food, but if you like grilled meat and rice it’s some of the nicest food you’ll find anywhere, imo.

Apologies for turning this thread, about Stockport, into an advert for Bradford btw.

don't get me on Syria n syrian food - did 2 holidays there, immediately pre revolution.Best place I've ever been.The food is superb especially the vegetarian - baba ganoush, kibbeh, muhammara. 1 tip DO NOT try Syrian beer or wine - it's absolutely rank. Go Lebanese - Al Mazar for beer, chateau musar for a superb red
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 19 - 58
6 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards The New Fishy › Good luck Stockport

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.