5 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 Next All Recommend Thread
Mappers
March 12, 2024, 8:54am
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 5.44
Rep Score: +8 / -3
Approval: +4,326
Gold Stars: 118
Tweet 1767470607740920174 will appear here...

A chance to widen the gap tonight

They are going to struggle to finish the season on time at this rate

I'm not sure where/when they can fit this fixture in as most Tuesdays are blocked with their other postponed fixtures and regular Tuesday games+ the easter bank holiday .  The only free midweeks are next Tuesday  and the final week of the season now (if it rains they can't get a game on there though ).

Can they play 3 games in a week or can the season run into May?
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 20 - 47
Poojah
March 12, 2024, 9:05am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.25
Rep Score: +76 / -11
Approval: +29,574
Gold Stars: 1,501
Quoted from Mappers

I'm not sure where/when they can fit this fixture in as most Tuesdays are blocked with their other postponed fixtures and regular Tuesday games+ the easter bank holiday .  The only free midweeks are next Tuesday  and the final week of the season now (if it rains they can't get a game on there though ).

Deary me. They deserve to go down with their non-league pitch; they’re certainly not helping themselves either.

A smooth sea never made a skillful mariner.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 21 - 47
jamesgtfc
March 12, 2024, 9:13am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.16
Rep Score: +20 / -5
Approval: +12,966
Gold Stars: 190
Quoted from Mappers

Every team has to play the 46th game at the same time and the season won't be extended. If this continues, they will be playing 3 games a week for 2-3 weeks and may have to play them in a different venue.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 22 - 47
Heisenberg
March 12, 2024, 9:37am
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.80
Rep Score: +9 / -1
Approval: +5,067
Gold Stars: 93
I do remember us once having to play Saturday, Tuesday, Thursday, Saturday once in our first stint in non league, I reckon…
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 23 - 47
Mappers
March 12, 2024, 9:44am
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 5.44
Rep Score: +8 / -3
Approval: +4,326
Gold Stars: 118
Quoted from jamesgtfc

Every team has to play the 46th game at the same time and the season won't be extended. If this continues, they will be playing 3 games a week for 2-3 weeks and may have to play them in a different venue.

They could be in a right mess then .

Saturday must be in doubt aswell , the weather forecast is poor down south Friday/Saturday .
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 24 - 47
Theimperialcoroner
March 12, 2024, 10:08am

Posts Per Day: 1.05
Rep Score: +47 / -4
Approval: +5,209
Gold Stars: 102
Quoted from Mappers

Absolutely intercourse em. They show no respect to fans either their own or visitors. That they don’t have a groundsman is just a pisstake.
Also it would be lovely to see the Cowleys get relegated.

Batch, Crombie, Moore K, Wiggington, Cumming, Waters, Bonnyman, Ford, Emson, Drinkell, Whymark. Love you all, You are the reason I'm on here. You've had help from Todd, Handyside, Futcher P, Groves, Mendonca, Macca etc etc etc. Up The Mariners!!!!!!!!!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 25 - 47
jamesgtfc
March 12, 2024, 10:40am
Vodka Drinker
Quoted from Theimperialcoroner

Absolutely intercourse em. They show no respect to fans either their own or visitors. That they don’t have a groundsman is just a pisstake.

The EFL should mandate that all of their members must have ground staff, with at least one being employed full-time and having a relevant accreditation. That solves one part of the problem and would stop clubs getting the Chief Executive to mow the grass.

I would like to see some extra funding that is coming into the EFL to be held by the EFL for grants that can be used on things such as pitch improvements.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 26 - 47
Maringer
March 12, 2024, 10:42am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.87
Rep Score: +60 / -12
Approval: +16,537
Gold Stars: 185
Quoted from Theimperialcoroner

Yeah, I think it unfair to call it a non-league pitch as plenty of non-league clubs will have a groundsman!

Not too surprised that Sutton's pitch isn't good, however. They had to rip up their artificial pitch when they won promotion to the League and I suspect it might be difficult to develop a completely new pitch in the same place, given the money available to them.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 27 - 47
jamesgtfc
March 12, 2024, 10:54am
Vodka Drinker
Quoted from Maringer

Yeah, I think it unfair to call it a non-league pitch as plenty of non-league clubs will have a groundsman!

Not too surprised that Sutton's pitch isn't good, however. They had to rip up their artificial pitch when they won promotion to the League and I suspect it might be difficult to develop a completely new pitch in the same place, given the money available to them.

There are some excellent pitches in non-league. The Gainsborough Trinity pitch has always impressed me, and the pitch at Boston is pristine. It's probably easier to install a pristine pitch as part of a new stadium because you have time on your side. Any new pitch we installed would have to be fully usable within 10-12 weeks of the previous season ending. I'm no expert in this field, but I would have thought that impacts what we can do.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 28 - 47
mariner91
March 12, 2024, 11:15am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.64
Rep Score: +78 / -11
Approval: +19,656
Gold Stars: 262
Just how bad is the Colchester pitch? Called off already and the Metoffice says the Colchester area has only had 2 hours of drizzle in the last 24 hours. Is it a swamp?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 29 - 47
5 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards The New Fishy › Next Four Games

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.