RonMariner
March 10, 2024, 10:21am

Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.42
Rep Score: +42 / -7
Approval: +13,719
Gold Stars: 226
Quoted from tashee69

In form guide, Colchester have won once this year, Doncaster lost once in their last 8, Walsall have won 5 of their last 6, Mansfield won 6 of their last 8. I think giving Colchester 6 points is extremely generous.

I get that. But using that analysis you would never have expected FGR to beat Walsall yesterday.

I could see them beating Doncaster and Newport. But be very happy to be proved wrong!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 47
Poojah
March 10, 2024, 10:42am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.25
Rep Score: +76 / -11
Approval: +29,583
Gold Stars: 1,503
Quoted from HertsGTFC
I think there’s quite a bit more nervousness & possibly some more drama to endure. That said the lads look bang up for the fight so I reckon we’ll be ok.

If the staff use yesterday right it will absolutely galvanise the players.

The issue, if we go back three or four games, is that we were hemorrhaging goals and routinely failing to pick up points as a result. Ultimately, we’ve stopped doing that boy by fluke but rather a fundamental shift in approach.

I’ve made no secret of how nervous I was going into the Forest Green game, but the pattern of the last 4 games has given me sufficient confidence that we can avoid relegation without too much drama.

A smooth sea never made a skillful mariner.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 47
Meza
March 10, 2024, 12:10pm

We urine On Your Fish Yes we do yes we do
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.83
Rep Score: +78 / -3
Approval: +1,640
Gold Stars: 50
I said to my Lincoln work colleagues that I think FGR will overtake Colchester as they are not picking up any points.

I don’t think we will go down my guess is Sutton and Colchester.

My Grimsby Legends
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 47
DB
March 10, 2024, 8:49pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 15.49
Rep Score: +13 / -13
Approval: +4,022
Gold Stars: 386
Looking at Sutton yesterday, they've had it. Colchester have lost the new manager bounce and are struggling, so it's those two for me.

You can please some of the forumites some of the time but not all the forumites all of the time
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 47
Heisenberg
March 10, 2024, 8:56pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.80
Rep Score: +9 / -1
Approval: +5,070
Gold Stars: 93
Quoted from DB
Looking at Sutton yesterday, they've had it. Colchester have lost the new manager bounce and are struggling, so it's those two for me.

I guarantee the Colchester fans will be saying it’s Sutton and Grimsby!

Long way to go. Big week ahead for all 4 teams.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 47
DB
March 10, 2024, 9:02pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 15.49
Rep Score: +13 / -13
Approval: +4,022
Gold Stars: 386
Quoted from Heisenberg

I guarantee the Colchester fans will be saying it’s Sutton and Grimsby!

Long way to go. Big week ahead for all 4 teams.

Our rearranged fixture at Colchester will be one hell of a game, a true 6 pointer.

You can please some of the forumites some of the time but not all the forumites all of the time
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 47
diehardmariner
March 10, 2024, 9:32pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.99
Rep Score: +36 / -6
Approval: +17,630
Gold Stars: 539
Quoted from DB

Our rearranged fixture at Colchester will be one hell of a game, a true 6 pointer.

I honestly hope (and to be honest feel) we'll be safe by then.

Really don't think I can take going into that final games knowing it's all or nothing for us.

Game by game approach. It's silly season now and a lot of the form book stuff goes out the window. Some players and teams will already be on the beach, others now start to play as contracts are expiring. If we focus on us we'll be fine.
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 47
Poojah
March 10, 2024, 9:59pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.25
Rep Score: +76 / -11
Approval: +29,583
Gold Stars: 1,503
Average current league position of each of the bottom four’s opponents between now and the end of the season.

Town - 10.5 (11 games)
Colchester - 10.5 (11 games)
Forest Green - 9.5 (10 games)
Sutton - 11.3 (10 games)

Everyone has slightly tougher than average remaining fixtures, with Forest Green’s the toughest run-in on paper. What’s potentially significant though is that their next 3 look notably easier than ours (average of 18.3 versus 4.7), potentially meaning we could be in for some nervy times ahead.

That said, Forest Green’s last 6 look mightily tough, with an opp average of 6.3. Ours is 13.8 for comparison.

I think the next couple of weeks will be significant. If we can emerge from the next 3 matches with the veggies at arms length, you’d have to think we’re in pretty good shape. However, if they do draw us in (or god forbid get ahead of us), it’s going to make for a very nervy spring.

Of course, Colchester are significant in this. 9 games in, Danny Cowley is presiding over an 11% win rate and they, like us until recently, haven’t won a game this calendar year.   Personally, between them, us and the veggies, I think they have the most to be worried about at the minute. They have no momentum, and that could well prove critical.

We’ve learned quite a bit in the last 8 or 9 days. We’ll learn a lot more in the next 14.

A smooth sea never made a skillful mariner.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 47
Theimperialcoroner
March 10, 2024, 11:53pm

Posts Per Day: 1.05
Rep Score: +47 / -4
Approval: +5,210
Gold Stars: 102
If we get anything more than two points from these games we’re doing well. If we continue to average a point a game until the end of the season I reckon we’ll stay up. Bloody shite state of affairs to be in as Renton would say, but that’s how I see it.

Batch, Crombie, Moore K, Wiggington, Cumming, Waters, Bonnyman, Ford, Emson, Drinkell, Whymark. Love you all, You are the reason I'm on here. You've had help from Todd, Handyside, Futcher P, Groves, Mendonca, Macca etc etc etc. Up The Mariners!!!!!!!!!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 47
grimsby pete
March 11, 2024, 12:23am

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.80
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,800
Gold Stars: 222
We have got to stop looking at other teams games and hope they drop points.

We will do it on our own backs by keeping tight at the back and finding out shooting boots.

Some people just get too excited and blast the ball as hard as they can.

Just relax lads and stroke the ball placing it in the corner out of the keepers reach.

This is where a striker coach would come in handy we should employ one until the end of the season.

Or

Even longer if it works .

Over 36 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             68 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 19 - 47
5 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards The New Fishy › Next Four Games

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.