Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards The New Fishy › Tosser!
Moderators: Moderator
Users Browsing Forum

Tosser!

This thread currently has 6,010 views. Print
4 Pages 1 2 3 4 Next All Recommend Thread
ginnywings
March 7, 2024, 6:26pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.03
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,143
Gold Stars: 548
Logged Offline
Private Message
Poojah
March 7, 2024, 6:29pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.25
Rep Score: +76 / -11
Approval: +29,576
Gold Stars: 1,502
It’s MK Dons fans. They deserve a lot worse than a ball in the face.

Don’t like Harry Pell, but I’m with him on this one. Fúck ‘em.

A smooth sea never made a skillful mariner.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 37
HertsGTFC
March 7, 2024, 7:06pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.26
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +22,953
Gold Stars: 228
Quoted from ginnywings

He’s dead hard he is 😂😂😂

Last year I took my team out for a social, few drinks, dinner etc.. and we went to Swingers ( indoor crazy golf not the weekend pursuit for those who need a spark in their marriage) you put your team name on the TV screen when I did ours I saw the name Harry Pell, and yes the complete Pell end was there in all his lanky toss pot glory.

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 37
jamesgtfc
March 7, 2024, 7:13pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.16
Rep Score: +20 / -5
Approval: +12,966
Gold Stars: 190
Quoted from HertsGTFC

He’s dead hard he is 😂😂😂

Last year I took my team out for a social, few drinks, dinner etc.. and we went to Swingers ( indoor crazy golf not the weekend pursuit for those who need a spark in their marriage) you put your team name on the TV screen when I did ours I saw the name Harry Pell, and yes the complete Pell end was there in all his lanky toss pot glory.

Was he with any 15 year olds?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 37
gtfc98
March 7, 2024, 8:41pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.74
Rep Score: +45 / -21
Approval: +3,066
Gold Stars: 68
Quoted from jamesgtfc

Was he with any 15 year olds?

allegedly

No longer Sick of the BlueSquare  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 37
grimsby pete
March 7, 2024, 8:43pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.80
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,800
Gold Stars: 222
I think whatever you think of MK. We should back them up with what a tosser . Pell is.

It's not the fans that stole a football team just a Pillock. with too much money.

Over 36 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             68 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 37
pizzzza
March 7, 2024, 9:45pm

Pontoonite
Posts Per Day: 1.06
Rep Score: +20 / -10
Approval: +6,701
Gold Stars: 137
Quoted from Poojah
It’s MK Dons fans. They deserve a lot worse than a ball in the face.

What exactly do they deserve then? And why?
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 37
Poojah
March 7, 2024, 10:26pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.25
Rep Score: +76 / -11
Approval: +29,576
Gold Stars: 1,502
Quoted from pizzzza

What exactly do they deserve then? And why?

I’d suggest they deserve to experience having their beloved so-called football club taken away from them for a start. The very concept of MK Dons is morally bankrupt, and I won’t be satisfied until they are financially so.

Do I really need to explain the “why”? Do you know what, fúck it, you’ve triggered me (‘cos I really don’t like the cúnts), so I’ll give you an answer. Big deep breath…

Let me start by giving some credit where it’s due; the whole Wimbledon to Milton Keynes strategy actually made complete sense. On a spreadsheet. With a population of over 250,000, MK was one of the largest urban areas in the UK without a league club, in part due to the fact it was a new town founded in the 1970s. Better yet, it was probably the largest urban area in the UK nowhere near a so-called “big club”. MK is some 70 miles from Villa Park, and over an hour on a train to central London. A massive, untapped audience, just waiting to be unlocked. There was just a tiny flaw in the plan.

It was bóllocks.

You see, when the so-called Dons played their first match in the town, some 20 years ago now, there were 2 types of people living in Milton Keynes:

a) Non-football fans
b) Football fans who already supported another club

This observation is obvious to anyone who follows football, but apparently not to the likes of Charles Koppel and Pete Winkleman. Naturally, converting non-football fans into regular, match-going supporters is very difficult, and converting fans of one club to another, nigh-on impossible. The only people actually capable of supporting a club like MK are therefore, by definition, freaks.

Unsurprising then, we regularly see 25,000 empty seats in MK’s fine, but tainted stadium. Here’s the thing though - it didn’t have to be this way.

It’s often forgotten that Milton Keynes already had a football club - Milton Keynes City FC. They were tiny, operating in the very lower reaches of non-league. It would have taken years to have brought that club to the football league; time that could be saved by harvesting the organs of Wimbledon.

But in doing so, they created a brand too toxic to touch. They created something almost impossible to rally behind. They have become the pantomime villain, and legitimately so. Ironically, it took AFC Wimbledon, with only fan powered resources, just 8 seasons to return to the football league, by which point MK Dons were only a league above them. As of right now of course they find themselves in League Two, separated from Wimbledon by just 10 points. For all their trials and tribulations, they have failed to make meaningful progress.

Had they played the long game, rather than taking the sleazy shortcut, then maybe, just maybe, they might have created a story its community could have been proud of and, in time, grown a healthy five-figure fan base. A fan base perhaps that could have seen them sustain Championship football and, then, who knows what beyond that? And no one would have begrudged them their success.

But they didn’t, and so in the world we actually live in, they are back where they started, little more than a small club rattling round in a big stadium, yo-yo-ing between league’s One and Two. At least for as long as the mouth breathers that follow them continue to turn up, and things aren’t looking to clever there as it happens.

This season will be comfortably their lowest average attendance since moving to Stadium:MK. To be even clearer, this season’s average is down 25% on their next lowest average. The project has failed. It’s fúcked.

Ultimately, it had to fail. No supporter in this country wants “franchise football”, and a successful MK Dons would have set a dangerous precedent. The only ones to blame are the bell ends behind this most moronic of experiments, and the mindless chumps that turn up to watch them.

Look, I reckon I could have a pint with a regular, match-going fan of just about any club in this country, be it Man City, Man United, Mansfield, or even fúcking Scunny, and find loads in common with them. But not MK Dons; I just don’t understand the mindset. I don’t understand how you could back something like that, either as a football fan or just a human being in general.

To borrow (tenuously) from the thread title; tossers, the lot of them.

A smooth sea never made a skillful mariner.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 37
jamesgtfc
March 7, 2024, 10:47pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.16
Rep Score: +20 / -5
Approval: +12,966
Gold Stars: 190
You got me thinking, Poojah.

I've just briefly looked into Milton Keynes City FC, which is a third incarnation club. The second incarnation folded in 2003 when Wimbledon relocated, and the third incarnation was established in 2005. Basically, there was already a vulnerable club with Milton Keynes in the name that could have been a success story like you said.

Obviously, the higher up the pyramid you are, the higher your income streams but I wonder what Winkleman and anyone else has actually put in over the last 21 years. They wouldn't have had the kind of numbers AFC Wimbledon had through the turnstiles at Kingstonian in the early days but it would have been a much more sustainable story for sure. I think Milton Keynes City were in the 11th tier around the time AFC Wimbledon began their first season in the 9th tier in 2002.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 37
Mappers
March 7, 2024, 10:50pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 5.43
Rep Score: +8 / -3
Approval: +4,327
Gold Stars: 118
Quoted from Poojah

I’d suggest they deserve to experience having their beloved so-called football club taken away from them for a start. The very concept of MK Dons is morally bankrupt, and I won’t be satisfied until they are financially so.

Do I really need to explain the “why”? Do you know what, fúck it, you’ve triggered me (‘cos I really don’t like the cúnts), so I’ll give you an answer. Big deep breath…

Let me start by giving some credit where it’s due; the whole Wimbledon to Milton Keynes strategy actually made complete sense. On a spreadsheet. With a population of over 250,000, MK was one of the largest urban areas in the UK without a league club, in part due to the fact it was a new town founded in the 1970s. Better yet, it was probably the largest urban area in the UK nowhere near a so-called “big club”. MK is some 70 miles from Villa Park, and over an hour on a train to central London. A massive, untapped audience, just waiting to be unlocked. There was just a tiny flaw in the plan.

It was bóllocks.

You see, when the so-called Dons played their first match in the town, some 20 years ago now, there were 2 types of people living in Milton Keynes:

a) Non-football fans
b) Football fans who already supported another club

This observation is obvious to anyone who follows football, but apparently not to the likes of Charles Koppel and Pete Winkleman. Naturally, converting non-football fans into regular, match-going supporters is very difficult, and converting fans of one club to another, nigh-on impossible. The only people actually capable of supporting a club like MK are therefore, by definition, freaks.

Unsurprising then, we regularly see 25,000 empty seats in MK’s fine, but tainted stadium. Here’s the thing though - it didn’t have to be this way.

It’s often forgotten that Milton Keynes already had a football club - Milton Keynes City FC. They were tiny, operating in the very lower reaches of non-league. It would have taken years to have brought that club to the football league; time that could be saved by harvesting the organs of Wimbledon.

But in doing so, they created a brand too toxic to touch. They created something almost impossible to rally behind. They have become the pantomime villain, and legitimately so. Ironically, it took AFC Wimbledon, with only fan powered resources, just 8 seasons to return to the football league, by which point MK Dons were only a league above them. As of right now of course they find themselves in League Two, separated from Wimbledon by just 10 points. For all their trials and tribulations, they have failed to make meaningful progress.

Had they played the long game, rather than taking the sleazy shortcut, then maybe, just maybe, they might have created a story its community could have been proud of and, in time, grown a healthy five-figure fan base. A fan base perhaps that could have seen them sustain Championship football and, then, who knows what beyond that? And no one would have begrudged them their success.

But they didn’t, and so in the world we actually live in, they are back where they started, little more than a small club rattling round in a big stadium, yo-yo-ing between league’s One and Two. At least for as long as the mouth breathers that follow them continue to turn up, and things aren’t looking to clever there as it happens.

This season will be comfortably their lowest average attendance since moving to Stadium:MK. To be even clearer, this season’s average is down 25% on their next lowest average. The project has failed. It’s fúcked.

Ultimately, it had to fail. No supporter in this country wants “franchise football”, and a successful MK Dons would have set a dangerous precedent. The only ones to blame are the bell ends behind this most moronic of experiments, and mindless chumps that turn up to watch them.

Look, I reckon I could have a pint with a regular, match-going fan of just about any club in this country, be it Man City, Man United, Mansfield, even fúcking Scunny, and find loads in common with them. But not MK Dons; I just don’t understand the mindset. I don’t understand how you could back something like that, either as a football fan or just a human being in general.

To borrow (tenuously) from the thread title; tossers, the lot of them.

The only reason their crowds held up well was because they offered 7k tickets to Ipswich , Sheff Wed , Portsmouth etc and they obliged - there were games last season when there were more away fans than home at stadium MK - the place is crap full stop though , I couldn't even find a kebab or decent pub in the town after we played there - it was like a gridded ghost town .
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 37
4 Pages 1 2 3 4 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards The New Fishy › Tosser!

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.