Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards The New Fishy › Scunny sack manager.
Moderators: Moderator
Users Browsing Forum

Scunny sack manager.

This thread currently has 7,573 views. Print
5 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 Next All Recommend Thread
rancido
March 6, 2024, 6:38pm

Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.26
Rep Score: +41 / -10
Approval: +6,572
Gold Stars: 96

I wanted Scunny to be woeful long before social media existed.

Same here. In fact as long ago as Easter 1967.

The Future is Black & White.
"The commonest thing on this planet is not water , as some people believe, but stupidity ". Frank Zappa
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 20 - 44
Poojah
March 6, 2024, 7:13pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.25
Rep Score: +76 / -11
Approval: +29,580
Gold Stars: 1,503
Quoted from WOZOFGRIMSBY
Jimmy’ll fix it

Will he fu(k

Given their manager’s alleged penchant for dubious, extralegal income streams, I’d suggest Jimmy fixing it might be at the very heart of their current problems…

A smooth sea never made a skillful mariner.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 21 - 44
Phil the cod
March 6, 2024, 7:16pm
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.31
Rep Score: +5 / -5
Approval: -332
Gold Stars: 61
Quoted from Spurn boy

Rumours about Brian Laws going there to help out now Swann has no interest in the club.

Laws and butler (not the Jeeves and Wooster type) to come in and sort the excrement show out.
Private Message
Reply: 22 - 44
cannylad65
March 6, 2024, 7:25pm
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.22
Approval: +96
Gold Stars: 6
I'm led to believe from a Scunthorpe supporter friend, that 2 players are on £2500 a week, and one on £2000 a week.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 23 - 44
Heswall Mariner
March 6, 2024, 7:26pm

Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.66
Rep Score: +1 / 0
Approval: +591
Gold Stars: 30
We suddenly have 3 pages on a new/unsubstantiated  Scunthorpe thread when we already have have 433 pages on the Iron.
I don't fully understand how our forum is governed but maybe this should be merged before it gets out of hand & views/debate  on the Mariners become secondary to those of Scunthorpe United?  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 24 - 44
Heisenberg
March 6, 2024, 7:36pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.80
Rep Score: +9 / -1
Approval: +5,070
Gold Stars: 93
Quoted from cannylad65
I'm led to believe from a Scunthorpe supporter friend, that 2 players are on £2500 a week, and one on £2000 a week.

I’d believe that, judging by the rumours about their total wage bill. I really hope they stay down, then they’ll HAVE to trim that wage bill. But, if we stay up and they go up, that combination wouldn’t bother me at all. They’re gonna up one one year, they’ll not stay down there forever (although, if Carlsberg did non-league stint scenarios….).
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 25 - 44
Poojah
March 6, 2024, 7:41pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.25
Rep Score: +76 / -11
Approval: +29,580
Gold Stars: 1,503
Quoted from Heisenberg

I’d believe that, judging by the rumours about their total wage bill. I really hope they stay down, then they’ll HAVE to trim that wage bill. But, if we stay up and they go up, that combination wouldn’t bother me at all. They’re gonna up one one year, they’ll not stay down there forever (although, if Carlsberg did non-league stint scenarios….).

There must be something slightly soul destroying about dreaming of promotion, only to realise that the prize is a place in the National League.

A smooth sea never made a skillful mariner.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 26 - 44
It Bites
March 6, 2024, 7:42pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.45
Rep Score: +4 / -10
Approval: +2,209
Gold Stars: 265
Quoted from Heisenberg

Their Break even gate this season has been 5,000 for every home game
Private Message
Reply: 27 - 44
WOZOFGRIMSBY
March 6, 2024, 7:52pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.74
Rep Score: +66 / -22
Approval: +8,842
Gold Stars: 178
Quoted from Heswall Mariner
We suddenly have 3 pages on a new/unsubstantiated  Scunthorpe thread when we already have have 433 pages on the Iron.
I don't fully understand how our forum is governed but maybe this should be merged before it gets out of hand & views/debate  on the Mariners become secondary to those of Scunthorpe United?  

Because it’s funny

Rose is on fire

And your scotch eggs are fu(king vile
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 28 - 44
HerveJosse
March 6, 2024, 8:18pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.89
Rep Score: +6 / -3
Approval: +1,206
Gold Stars: 144
Quoted from diehardmariner
Oh c'mon, they're our nearest geographical rivals so of course there is going to be a heightened level of interest in them, same as Lincoln and to a lesser extent Hull.

This isn't bringing out the worst in people, it's about friendly rivalries within the game.  I work with and am friends with Scunthorpe fans, having that momentary crowing over them is glorious.  Just like they loved it when they were lording it over us.  

I'm delighted they didn't go under, I hope their new owners go onto build a sustainable football club at the heart of the community.  But it doesn't mean I can't have a wry smile every time they lose and deep down want them to miss out on promotion, suffer relegation the next season and eventually find themselves in a league where evening games have to be floodlit by the headlights of players cars.  I'm absolutely certain that the vast majority of their fans feel exactly the same way about us.

It would be bloody boring if our only interest in football was the Town result every Saturday.  

Our nearest geographical neighbours . Clee Town may take offence at that.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 29 - 44
5 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards The New Fishy › Scunny sack manager.

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.