JK47
March 5, 2024, 10:13pm
Shandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.71
Rep Score: +2 / 0
Approval: +189
Gold Stars: 2
Quoted from horsforthmariner
Watching this with my newborn tonight - she’s got a 100% win record so far so hopefully we’ll win it to keep that record up.

All told we were pretty good. Pitch is claggy, not much quality on show what there has been has been from us. Defensively we look well organised. Is it me or is Cartwright commanding his box much better?

She's still held on to her record!  Well done that young lady!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 170 - 187
Poojah
March 5, 2024, 10:14pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.25
Rep Score: +76 / -11
Approval: +29,576
Gold Stars: 1,502
Quoted from ginnywings
Absolutely made up with a point tonight. Another solid performance from the side.

It's noticeable how many away games we have drawn this season and had good opportunities to turn a fair few of them into wins. We could be well up the league if we could just get a little more ruthless. It's not beyond the realms of possibility that we could have won tonight and at Morecambe, not to mention plenty of other examples I can think of.

However, can't complain at the last three performances, which have gone some way to eradicate the memory of the Donny debacle.

Point or three at Sutton will do nicely now.

Interestingly, we’ve lost fewer games than Notts County in 14th, and the same amount as Gillingham in 9th, who happen to be out of the play-offs only on goal difference. It just so happens that we’ve drawn more than anyone else in the division (13).  

A smooth sea never made a skillful mariner.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 171 - 187
Lincoln Mariner 56
March 5, 2024, 10:15pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.61
Rep Score: +23 / -4
Approval: +7,697
Gold Stars: 79
Should have mentioned in my brief comments how impressed I am with Tharme’s performances after a shaky debut he’s looked very good and seems to have helped Rogers return to the type of player he looked in that first half a dozen games.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 172 - 187
Croxton
March 5, 2024, 10:16pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.75
Rep Score: +14 / -4
Approval: +3,014
Gold Stars: 33
Quoted from WOZOFGRIMSBY

I think DA will more than appreciate the job done by him, but won’t single out a player necessarily when the whole teams performed

Someone with a degree should know that it is not mutually exclusive. If you can talk about a player missing a chance you can praise the keeper. Simples.

Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 173 - 187
MuddyWaters
March 5, 2024, 10:16pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,256
Gold Stars: 236
Quoted from ginnywings
Absolutely made up with a point tonight. Another solid performance from the side.

It's noticeable how many away games we have drawn this season and had good opportunities to turn a fair few of them into wins. We could be well up the league if we could just get a little more ruthless. It's not beyond the realms of possibility that we could have won tonight and at Morecambe, not to mention plenty of other examples I can think of.

However, can't complain at the last three performances, which have gone some way to eradicate the memory of the Donny debacle.

Point or three at Sutton will do nicely now.

It would be churlish to dismiss a great away point but, as you say, the inability to convert so many decent away performances into wins is frustrating. It shows that we didn’t recruit enough quality in the summer.

Who’s fault that is is another matter.
Private Message
Reply: 174 - 187
lee65
March 5, 2024, 10:27pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.36
Rep Score: +13 / 0
Approval: +2,486
Gold Stars: 10
Quoted from Lincoln Mariner 56
Should have mentioned in my brief comments how impressed I am with Tharme’s performances after a shaky debut he’s looked very good and seems to have helped Rogers return to the type of player he looked in that first half a dozen games.

Totally agree,  his reading of the game is excellent, he snuffed out a number of breaks tonight by knowing when to go and when to stay.  Decent on the ball too and not slow, and that throw is useful  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 175 - 187
TownSNAFU5
March 5, 2024, 10:28pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.13
Rep Score: +30 / -21
Approval: +6,883
Gold Stars: 42
In other news Hunt, Amos and the Shop all subs for York.  None could start for York as they lost their second home game in 4 days,
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 176 - 187
Sigone
March 6, 2024, 12:38am
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.35
Rep Score: +12 / -4
Approval: +1,615
Gold Stars: 5
Amos came on, then off 9 mins later
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 177 - 187
grimps
March 6, 2024, 4:29am
balderdash
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.79
Rep Score: +21 / -19
Approval: +5,129
Gold Stars: 46
Quoted from rancido

But he did. His job is to stop conceding goals and he did. He certainly pulled off some good saves but that's what he is expected to do.

It wasnt so much the Hollywood saves that most keepers seem to be able to do, it was the bread-and-butter crosses that he came out and caught easily which gave me a lot more confidence in him
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 178 - 187
It Bites
March 6, 2024, 7:24am
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.45
Rep Score: +4 / -10
Approval: +2,205
Gold Stars: 265
Quoted from Croxton

Artell struggled to say more than 'he did his job' about Cartwright's MOM performance.

He’s right . Cartwright did his job . No more , no less . It’s the standard he should be at every game
Private Message
Reply: 179 - 187
19 Pages Prev ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards The New Fishy › Match Thread Wimbledon A

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.