Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards The New Fishy › Is this the biggest game in our history.?
Moderators: Moderator
Users Browsing Forum

Is this the biggest game in our history.?

This thread currently has 2,368 views. Print
5 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 Next All Recommend Thread
Ruston AT
March 2, 2024, 11:43am
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.12
Rep Score: +5 / 0
Approval: +431
Gold Stars: 10
Quoted from Chrisblor
Hope the players aren't shitting themselves over the prospect of today as much as some fans seem to be

Personally, My opinion is we have players who really care and play for us and the shirt . We have players that are journey men and are coasting, finally we have players who just don't give a f**k. If the last group turn up we stand a chance of turning the Veggies over , if they don't looks like i'm in for a shite weekend.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 20 - 43
Poojah
March 2, 2024, 11:47am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.25
Rep Score: +76 / -11
Approval: +29,537
Gold Stars: 1,500
Quoted from Chrisblor
Hope the players aren't shitting themselves over the prospect of today as much as some fans seem to be

I’ll make no apologies for the fact I’m absolutely bricking it.

A smooth sea never made a skillful mariner.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 21 - 43
wuffing
March 2, 2024, 11:58am

Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.41
Rep Score: +7 / -1
Approval: +838
Gold Stars: 38
We need to build on the performance last week...we need momentum right now...

'I walked in the dressing room. The window was open and I thought that a sea fret had got in. Then I saw smoke billowing from a pipe in the corner of the room...it was my centre-forward. He looked seven stone wet through. He went on to score thirty-odd goals that season.' Lawrie McMenemy on encountering the legend that was Matt Tees.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 22 - 43
Mayaman
March 2, 2024, 11:58am
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.92
Rep Score: +7 / -2
Approval: +3,400
Gold Stars: 74
Quoted from Ruston AT

Personally, My opinion is we have players who really care and play for us and the shirt . We have players that are journey men and are coasting, finally we have players who just don't give a f**k. If the last group turn up we stand a chance of turning the Veggies over , if they don't looks like i'm in for a shite weekend.

'
The first group, surely.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 23 - 43
Mayaman
March 2, 2024, 12:01pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.92
Rep Score: +7 / -2
Approval: +3,400
Gold Stars: 74
Not sure what evidence suggests that relegation will finish the club off.  We've got experience in the non-league now.  We can never predict what's gonna happen to that degree of certainty. Who would have thought to Hollywood stars would swoop into Wrexham and get them out of the mire. Biggest game was surely FA Cup Semi-Final against Wolves.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 24 - 43
GrimRob
March 2, 2024, 12:04pm

Posts Per Day: 2.12
Rep Score: +76 / -34
Approval: +13,403
Gold Stars: 113
I have lost count of how many times a game has been declared as the biggest in our history. This definitely isn't.

'Tis better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all.  
~ Alfred Lord Tennyson

Logged Offline
Site Private Message Skype
Reply: 25 - 43
CSLM
March 2, 2024, 12:09pm
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.34
Rep Score: +3 / 0
Approval: +638
Gold Stars: 12
Quoted from GrimRob
I have lost count of how many times a game has been declared as the biggest in our history. This definitely isn't.

I agree, if this was winner stays up final game of the season it would be a bit different.

I think the play off final a couple of years ago beats this hands down, especially as we knew Wrexham and Notts. County would be up there the season after.

Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 26 - 43
arryarryarry
March 2, 2024, 12:10pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.71
Rep Score: +26 / -28
Approval: +10,045
Gold Stars: 116
Quoted from IlkleyMariner
Definitely not.
Still over a quarter of the season to go.
A win would however be a fantastic boost to fans , players and management alike.

I'm not saying it is but I remember comments like yours in 2010.
Private Message
Reply: 27 - 43
arryarryarry
March 2, 2024, 12:13pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.71
Rep Score: +26 / -28
Approval: +10,045
Gold Stars: 116
Quoted from Mayaman
Not sure what evidence suggests that relegation will finish the club off.  We've got experience in the non-league now.  We can never predict what's gonna happen to that degree of certainty. Who would have thought to Hollywood stars would swoop into Wrexham and get them out of the mire. Biggest game was surely FA Cup Semi-Final against Wolves.

I very much doubt the owners would be looking forward to losing around 2 million pounds a season.
Private Message
Reply: 28 - 43
HertsGTFC
March 2, 2024, 12:29pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.26
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +22,916
Gold Stars: 228
Don’t know about our history but certainly this season & definitely a big game for Artell,

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 29 - 43
5 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards The New Fishy › Is this the biggest game in our history.?

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.