Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards The New Fishy › Club Accounts
Moderators: Moderator
Users Browsing Forum

Club Accounts

This thread currently has 12,422 views. Print
18 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 Next All Recommend Thread
David Frazer
February 29, 2024, 4:53pm
Shandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.40
Rep Score: +0 / -4
Approval: -531
Gold Stars: 5
So will we Yoda,100%.

Just to let you know thats 129 league games since our attendances dropped below 7000 gates.We have hit alot of home games in a short space of time at the moment.

Comeback to me when you do 130!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 90 - 171
It Bites
February 29, 2024, 5:23pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.46
Rep Score: +4 / -10
Approval: +2,208
Gold Stars: 266
Quoted from David Frazer
So will we Yoda,100%.

Just to let you know thats 129 league games since our attendances dropped below 7000 gates.We have hit alot of home games in a short space of time at the moment.

Comeback to me when you do 130!

What’s up ? Have you got no one else to bully when you’re not at work ?
Private Message
Reply: 91 - 171
Limerick Mariner
February 29, 2024, 5:29pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.56
Rep Score: +10 / -3
Approval: +5,745
Gold Stars: 138
Quoted from Lincoln Mariner 56

I watch the games on ITV4 showing old matches, currently covering the 80/81 season, and you see grounds like Barnsley, Notts County recently Mansfield were on and you realise how much all these clubs have invested in and improved their respective grounds. I appreciate Barnsley had a brief flirtation with the Premiership but the others haven’t and it’s the same all over the country. Our newest stand is now 40 years old and doesn’t even go all the way down one side of the pitch.

We continually have threads about new ground and/or rebuilding BP but something does need to happen as the Main & Osmond stands aren’t going to last forever and if they do, eventually, get closed down for safety reasons we will be well and truly in the mire.

If we go down I can envisage the Main being closed to fans if there is another hefty cost to meeting regulatory costs.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 92 - 171
HerveJosse
February 29, 2024, 5:46pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.87
Rep Score: +6 / -3
Approval: +1,204
Gold Stars: 144
Quoted from Gaffer58
So where’s the attraction for someone to invest, if they are to put say £1 million in as an “ investment “ how do they get their money back plus a return.

That is not why people invest in lower league football clubs
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 93 - 171
moosey_club
February 29, 2024, 6:51pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.70
Rep Score: +69 / -22
Approval: +20,298
Gold Stars: 226
Quoted from jamesgtfc

He's injured again. Apparently a hamstring tear. Giving him a 3 year deal with his injury record was a ridiculous decision. No blame on the player for signing the contract but it's yet another example of how the increased budget was pïsséd up the wall in the summer.

On the note of injuries, Max Wright has featured in 30 games for Halifax this season, yet we couldn't keep him fit which raises a few questions about our methods.

Absolutely spot on, Vernam was very very very hit and miss with us before even outside of the injury factor and a pretty quick turnover of clubs since he left us with i think similar stories....can he be exciting, make a difference ? Yes he can....but often enough for a 3 yr deal ???  No way.

2023/24 DLWDDWDLLLWDLLLLWDDDWDLLWLDLLDWDDWLLDWLWLWL but not NLN 😁
2022/23LDWDWWDWLLDWWDLLLDLWLLWLWLLWDDLDWWDDDLLWDWLWLW
2021/22 WDWWWWDLWWWWLLLWLLDLWLLWWDWWWLWDLWWDWWWDLWD play offs WWW Promoted 🥳
2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
2019/20  WDLDWWLDLWWLLLDLDLDLDDWWDLLWDDWWL WLLW - ended
2018/19  LWDDLLLLLLWWDWLLLWDWLWWWWLLLLWWWWDLLLDDLLDLWLW Hello Scunny  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 94 - 171
Yoda
February 29, 2024, 6:54pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.29
Rep Score: +5 / -20
Approval: -3,189
Gold Stars: 72
Lincoln’s gates are dropping like a stone a lot won’t renew season tickets back to 5-6k gates.
Losing even more money probably 6 million next year.!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 95 - 171
arryarryarry
February 29, 2024, 7:01pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.71
Rep Score: +26 / -28
Approval: +10,043
Gold Stars: 117
Quoted from moosey_club

Absolutely spot on, Vernam was very very very hit and miss with us before even outside of the injury factor and a pretty quick turnover of clubs since he left us with i think similar stories....can he be exciting, make a difference ? Yes he can....but often enough for a 3 yr deal ???  No way.

Exactly what I was thinking, I'm a fan when he plays well but it's not often enough for me, plus I reckon he is now seriously injury prone and will be an expensive player that hardly plays and we've had far too many of those.
Private Message
Reply: 96 - 171
moosey_club
February 29, 2024, 7:09pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.70
Rep Score: +69 / -22
Approval: +20,298
Gold Stars: 226
Quoted from Yoda
Lincoln’s gates are dropping like a stone a lot won’t renew season tickets back to 5-6k gates.
Losing even more money probably 6 million next year.!

As will ours...and as will we.......trying to laud it over Lincoln currently is ridiculous , our repsective historical positions have swapped....we are flirting with a third relegation from the League, despite two promotion seasons and an historic cup run we have failed to fully capitalise on each....unlike Lincoln who catapulted themselves up.
Remember John Fenty offering their chair advice on how ( or how not to ) to run a football club ?

Right now we should be looking at how they have done it and mimicking where practical/ sustainable.....they are deservedly top of the local tree now....

Mind you i wish their fans would fck off from this forum  

2023/24 DLWDDWDLLLWDLLLLWDDDWDLLWLDLLDWDDWLLDWLWLWL but not NLN 😁
2022/23LDWDWWDWLLDWWDLLLDLWLLWLWLLWDDLDWWDDDLLWDWLWLW
2021/22 WDWWWWDLWWWWLLLWLLDLWLLWWDWWWLWDLWWDWWWDLWD play offs WWW Promoted 🥳
2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
2019/20  WDLDWWLDLWWLLLDLDLDLDDWWDLLWDDWWL WLLW - ended
2018/19  LWDDLLLLLLWWDWLLLWDWLWWWWLLLLWWWWDLLLDDLLDLWLW Hello Scunny  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 97 - 171
Yoda
February 29, 2024, 7:42pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.29
Rep Score: +5 / -20
Approval: -3,189
Gold Stars: 72
I said at the time a three year deal for him was a disaster he was never fit last time he was here.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 98 - 171
Mappers
February 29, 2024, 8:20pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 5.44
Rep Score: +8 / -3
Approval: +4,481
Gold Stars: 119
Quoted from moosey_club

As will ours...and as will we.......trying to laud it over Lincoln currently is ridiculous , our repsective historical positions have swapped....we are flirting with a third relegation from the League, despite two promotion seasons and an historic cup run we have failed to fully capitalise on each....unlike Lincoln who catapulted themselves up.
Remember John Fenty offering their chair advice on how ( or how not to ) to run a football club ?

Right now we should be looking at how they have done it and mimicking where practical/ sustainable.....they are deservedly top of the local tree now....

Mind you i wish their fans would fck off from this forum  

A couple are alright tbf it's just the one who spouts crap .

They built on momentum from their  Day Cup run (which we have failed to do ) and with the Cowleys originally , then attracted outside investment to the tune of 2 to 3 million each season .

About the going rate for mid -range league 1 alongside their relatively decent gates .

I think their long term strategy is similiar to our's as it's based on becoming sustainable through player trading .
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 99 - 171
18 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards The New Fishy › Club Accounts

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.