Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards The New Fishy › Seat count...
Moderators: Moderator
Users Browsing Forum

Seat count...

This thread currently has 6,844 views. Print
9 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 Next All Recommend Thread
lukeo
February 27, 2024, 4:57am
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 2.07
Rep Score: +38 / -23
Approval: +2,376
Gold Stars: 148
*TUESDAY*
Plenty of seats still available in most stands so therefore seat count will commence nearer the weekend, watch this space.
Logged Offline
Private Message
lukeo
February 28, 2024, 4:20am
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 2.07
Rep Score: +38 / -23
Approval: +2,376
Gold Stars: 148
*WEDNESDAY*
Still plenty of availability in all stands therefore no seat count to take place. Yet.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 84
lew chaterleys lover
February 28, 2024, 8:44am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.07
Rep Score: +30 / -10
Approval: +10,726
Gold Stars: 237
I'm sure there will be a decent turnout in the end, but I get the feeling people are completely drunk off with us being in this position again and are expecting the team to do the heavy lifting this time.

The support the team have had has been great in terms of numbers and support but it's not much of a marketing campaign - "get yourselves down to BP to fight yet another relegation battle despite not having Fenty anymore.."

The crowd will respond even at this low point if the team turn up.
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 84
chaos33
February 28, 2024, 11:40am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.58
Rep Score: +66 / -33
Approval: +17,937
Gold Stars: 360
I'm sure there will be a decent turnout in the end, but I get the feeling people are completely drunk off with us being in this position again and are expecting the team to do the heavy lifting this time.

The support the team have had has been great in terms of numbers and support but it's not much of a marketing campaign - "get yourselves down to BP to fight yet another relegation battle despite not having Fenty anymore.."

The crowd will respond even at this low point if the team turn up.

I think this is correct. I just don’t have the heart or motivation to do the 180 mile round trip this Saturday, spending all that money and time to watch yet another team likely stroll through our defence at ease. The drive back from the Donny game in the dark and motorway rain has hit hard.
I can see the crowd being more like 5k this Saturday.

"You should do what you love while you can"
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 84
ska face
February 28, 2024, 11:47am

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.21
Rep Score: +60 / -14
Approval: +21,662
Gold Stars: 847
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 84
NorthseaMariner
February 28, 2024, 12:06pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.19
Rep Score: +7 / 0
Approval: +1,523
Gold Stars: 11
Yes that might be the official available numbers, but I think there will be lots and lots of no show season ticket holders. I’ve not made my mind up yet, but felt so depressed after the Donny game, I’m not sure I want to feel like that again.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 84
Hagrid
February 28, 2024, 12:11pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.80
Rep Score: +49 / -21
Approval: +20,434
Gold Stars: 535
Quoted from ska face

thats way out, theres about 50 in one block left in the main stand
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 84
heppy88
February 28, 2024, 12:13pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.26
Rep Score: +11 / 0
Approval: +3,079
Gold Stars: 40
Quoted from ska face

With it only being Wednesday these figures are pretty good. I don't believe numbers will fall as some predict, as whether we like it or not, there is something perversely exciting about a relegation battle. There is something to play for and get behind (League survival), rather than wallowing in mid table mediocrity. Don't get me wrong I would take mediocrity than relegation. But, as we find ourselves in this position we might as well use it to ignite a bit of passion and emotion for the remainder of the season. I predict the home end will be pretty much sold out come 3pm on Saturday. My only concern is how these players will react and on previous showings it doesn't look promising. Lets hope, as Artell says in the Telegraph today "Town have turned a corner". UTM.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 84
Hagrid
February 28, 2024, 12:18pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.80
Rep Score: +49 / -21
Approval: +20,434
Gold Stars: 535
Quoted from heppy88

With it only being Wednesday these figures are pretty good. I don't believe numbers will fall as some predict, as whether we like it or not, there is something perversely exciting about a relegation battle. There is something to play for and get behind (League survival), rather than wallowing in mid table mediocrity. Don't get me wrong I would take mediocrity than relegation. But, as we find ourselves in this position we might as well use it to ignite a bit of passion and emotion for the remainder of the season. I predict the home end will be pretty much sold out come 3pm on Saturday. My only concern is how these players will react and on previous showings it doesn't look promising. Lets hope, as Artell says in the Telegraph today "Town have turned a corner". UTM.

those numbers arent correct mate
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 84
heppy88
February 28, 2024, 12:40pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.26
Rep Score: +11 / 0
Approval: +3,079
Gold Stars: 40
Quoted from Hagrid

those numbers arent correct mate

Ah didn’t realise that. Oh well, still thinking we’ll get a packed home end 👍
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 84
9 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards The New Fishy › Seat count...

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.