mariner91
February 26, 2024, 3:04pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.64
Rep Score: +78 / -11
Approval: +19,656
Gold Stars: 262
Quoted from Poojah

I thought it would be a cold day in hell that someone complained that the BP speakers are too audible, but here we are…

Too loud. Not too audible. Big distinction!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 60 - 75
David Frazer
February 26, 2024, 3:08pm
Shandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.42
Rep Score: +0 / -4
Approval: -485
Gold Stars: 4
Well we are ready to compete in the new era when ever it starts.We have just given the trust ,the fans board ,a golden share only 3 clubs have done this ! Are Grimsby doing this ?

The main thing is that we shall be able to compete with the bigger clubs with wages having some sort of cap on them connected to income/sponorship. The last time there was a salary cap ( not for long i grant you ) we were top of league at Xmas and just failed to get in the championship(plus we had brennan johnson and morgan rodgers) .

Grimsby with good crowds should be able to compete in league2 on gate income its the commercial income needs boosting! We have 40 plus smaller sponsors( tiered plantinum,gold,silver and bronze) local and national companies, 1 company i checked is just a few miles from your ground!) Boxes and we have electronic round the pitch advertising! Plus we have a catering sponsorship.

This is why i say your so behind us in everything.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 61 - 75
David Frazer
February 26, 2024, 3:13pm
Shandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.42
Rep Score: +0 / -4
Approval: -485
Gold Stars: 4
Well we are ready to compete in the new era when ever it starts.We have just given the trust ,the fans board ,a golden share only 3 clubs have done this ! Are Grimsby doing this ?

The main thing is that we shall be able to compete with the bigger clubs with wages having some sort of cap on them connected to income/sponorship. The last time there was a salary cap ( not for long i grant you ) we were top of league at Xmas and just failed to get in the championship(plus we had brennan johnson and morgan rodgers) .

Grimsby with good crowds should be able to compete in league2 on gate income its the commercial income needs boosting! We have 40 plus smaller sponsors( tiered plantinum,gold,silver and bronze) local and national companies, 1 company i checked is just a few miles from your ground!) Boxes and we have electronic round the pitch advertising! Plus we have a catering sponsorship.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 62 - 75
Poojah
February 26, 2024, 3:26pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.25
Rep Score: +76 / -11
Approval: +29,576
Gold Stars: 1,502
Putting to one side the reclusive nonce vibes our good friend David is giving off, he makes a good point re: digital pitch perimeter ad boards.

It occurred to me when watching the EFL highlights on Saturday night that we appear to be one of an increasingly small handful of clubs that don’t have these, presumably in anticipation of the increase in exposure and therefor revenue potential that next season’s Sky TV deal will bring about.

I don’t like our David on account that he’s clearly a very odd individual with some no doubt eithcally questionable “hobbies”, but he’s right in that this is indeed an area where we appear to be off the pace. By no means our biggest problem right now, but perhaps symptomatic of the work still to be done off the pitch if we are to truly catch-up on it.

A smooth sea never made a skillful mariner.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 63 - 75
February 26, 2024, 3:34pm
Guest User
It's my fault for using the L word.
Reply: 64 - 75
BobbyCummingsTackle
February 26, 2024, 3:53pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.54
Rep Score: +8 / -4
Location: Clowns to the left of me, jokers to the right, stuck in the middle...
Approval: +7,279
Gold Stars: 306
Quoted from Poojah
Putting to one side the reclusive nonce vibes our good friend David is giving off, he makes a good point re: digital pitch perimeter ad boards.

It occurred to me when watching the EFL highlights on Saturday night that we appear to be one of an increasingly small handful of clubs that don’t have these, presumably in anticipation of the increase in exposure and therefor revenue potential that next season’s Sky TV deal will bring about.

I don’t like our David on account that he’s clearly a very odd individual with some no doubt eithcally questionable “hobbies”, but he’s right in that this is indeed an area where we appear to be off the pace. By no means our biggest problem right now, but perhaps symptomatic of the work still to be done off the pitch if we are to truly catch-up on it.

I think we have more pressing issues right now than perimeter advertising boards.

Miss Scunthorpe. Not a beauty pageant, just sound advice.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 65 - 75
BobbyCummingsTackle
February 26, 2024, 3:54pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.54
Rep Score: +8 / -4
Location: Clowns to the left of me, jokers to the right, stuck in the middle...
Approval: +7,279
Gold Stars: 306
Quoted from David Frazer

You're.

Behind you in everything but spelling and grammar, it would appear.

Miss Scunthorpe. Not a beauty pageant, just sound advice.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 66 - 75
Mappers
February 26, 2024, 4:03pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 5.43
Rep Score: +8 / -3
Approval: +4,326
Gold Stars: 118
Slightly off topic , but how the hell did Pleasure Island sponsor Scunthorpe Utd back in the day and not us ?
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 67 - 75
Mappers
February 26, 2024, 4:07pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 5.43
Rep Score: +8 / -3
Approval: +4,326
Gold Stars: 118
Quoted from Poojah

They were still operating with near IBM 5150's in the club  offices when the current custodians took their role so I think flashy boards 'the mod cons ' as our Dear John put it might still be a little way off .

Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 68 - 75
Heisenberg
February 26, 2024, 4:09pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.80
Rep Score: +9 / -1
Approval: +5,067
Gold Stars: 93
Quoted from Poojah

I thought it would be a cold day in hell that someone complained that the BP speakers are too audible, but here we are…

I usually get to my seat at about 2:59 on a Saturday. Against Donny I got there a few minutes earlier and was struck by how loud the tannoy was, the decibel level of the music was madness!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 69 - 75
8 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards The New Fishy › Pack Out Blundell Park

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.