4 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 Next All Recommend Thread
kafunanapar140909
February 21, 2024, 6:29pm

Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.12
Rep Score: +4 / 0
Approval: +575
Gold Stars: 50
Interesting analysis Poojah. Gosh, watching those highlights back felt like watching us from some other season. We seemed to have a little bit more purpose to our play - as you mention, a sort-of Hurstball+, keeping a basic shape but with licence to express ourselves.

Two things that stood out to me in those highlights: Harry at full-back (I know he was only filling in out of necessity but plenty would like to see him there more permanently), and the sheer emotional response of Cartwright after Mo Eisa missed that golden chance right at the end. The passion he showed there compared to the resignation after each goal goes in now is quite stark.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 20 - 32
CSLM
March 3, 2024, 9:09pm
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.35
Rep Score: +3 / 0
Approval: +642
Gold Stars: 12
Bit of a strange one tonight.

Alex doesn't usually hold back like that, seemed quite annoyed.

Good point about the 'putting on a show' song. Seems a bit of a stretch lol, well the old 'by far the greatest team the world has ever seen' is the same tbf.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 21 - 32
CSLM
March 3, 2024, 9:16pm
Lager Top Drinker
Quoted from CSLM

Good point about the 'putting on a show' song. Seems a bit of a stretch lol, well the old 'by far the greatest team the world has ever seen' is the same tbf.

Picked up at the end there actually.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 22 - 32
HertsGTFC
March 3, 2024, 9:26pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.26
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +22,953
Gold Stars: 228
Quoted from CSLM

Might be because someone called him out this morning for having a different view on his two Twitter accounts.

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 23 - 32
WOZOFGRIMSBY
March 3, 2024, 9:35pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.74
Rep Score: +66 / -22
Approval: +8,844
Gold Stars: 178
Re tonight’s show: I’ve got to agree with what Alex said about getting the drummer or whoever into the osmond. Long gone are the days when the pontoon was this tour de force everyone remembers

Rose is on fire

And your scotch eggs are fu(king vile
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 24 - 32
CSLM
March 3, 2024, 10:31pm
Lager Top Drinker
Quoted from WOZOFGRIMSBY
Re tonight’s show: I’ve got to agree with what Alex said about getting the drummer or whoever into the osmond. Long gone are the days when the pontoon was this tour de force everyone remembers

It does make a lot of sense.
Must be the shape of the roof in the Osmond that makes it really good for holding and dispersing noise. Even a quarter full it sounds louder than the Pontoon.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 25 - 32
FishySmithy
March 4, 2024, 4:12am
Shandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.11
Approval: +36
Gold Stars: 3
Pontoon do sing the issue is the open side on the left where all the noise comes from, that open side ruins it as the sound doesn’t carry as a result. If we put that back in and you will see the difference.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 26 - 32
GrimPol
March 4, 2024, 8:48am
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.60
Rep Score: +3 / -7
Approval: -674
Gold Stars: 69
Disappointing podcast. A lot of waffling and the main points they spoke about would have taken up 5 mins, the rest was just unsweetened marshmallows. It might have been better if they had written a list of bullet points before the show. Or prepared as my old teacher would have said.
Oh well on to the next one.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 27 - 32
WOZOFGRIMSBY
March 4, 2024, 9:00am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.74
Rep Score: +66 / -22
Approval: +8,844
Gold Stars: 178
Quoted from FishySmithy
Pontoon do sing the issue is the open side on the left where all the noise comes from, that open side ruins it as the sound doesn’t carry as a result. If we put that back in and you will see the difference.

And I’ve said many times before, prime advertising space too. Maybe a company could supply/install in exchange for having their brand on it?

One of those jobs to put down as a maybe for the summer I think.

Rose is on fire

And your scotch eggs are fu(king vile
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 28 - 32
Northbank Mariner
March 4, 2024, 10:47am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.75
Rep Score: +9 / -9
Approval: +7,474
Gold Stars: 171
You want to know about everything that's wrong with the fickin idiots following town...go look at the twitter feed for D35N35 regarding chants....
Anybody, and I mean anybody, that thinks the "Yorkshire ripper" chant is acceptable needs to intercourse off, grow up and support another club!!...
My son (19 now) was born, bred and lives in Beverley but he's a staunch GTFC supporter and I very much doubt he's the only Yorkie supporting the club...
I
And yes, my urine is currently boiling, frigging knuckle draggers.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 29 - 32
4 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards The New Fishy › DN35 Podcast

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.