Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards The New Fishy › What do you wish for on Saturday?
Moderators: Moderator
Users Browsing Forum

What do you wish for on Saturday?

This thread currently has 3,808 views. Print
8 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next All Recommend Thread
Badger57
February 20, 2024, 4:18pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.28
Rep Score: +8 / 0
Approval: +1,912
Gold Stars: 30
That I'm not hopelessly depressed at 5 P.M.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 50 - 79
kafunanapar140909
February 20, 2024, 4:22pm

Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.12
Rep Score: +4 / 0
Approval: +575
Gold Stars: 50
Quoted from Mappers

Agree

And the more Crewe fans feedback I get in regards their recruitment in the relegation season  ,the more I shudder that he somehow retains his position .

The counter argument is he's maybe learnt lessons from that and would go about it in a different way - he's only done it once so it's not like he's failed multiple times .

Do the board trust him to recruit what 15 -20 players ?

It would be a hell of a gamble if he remains in situ if he retains our league status , because it won't be evolution , it will be revolution for sure that's required.

For sure. If we stay up, we need a massive revolution. One of those windows where a huge turnover of players is imperative, otherwise we’ll just be in the same position again this time next year.

Worth remembering that recruitment wouldn’t solely rest on DA’s shoulders. At Crewe he did everything, and he was keen to stress that that isn’t the case with Town.

Presumably that's the whole point of Hutchinson? All the coaches will discuss the type of players they want, but Hutchinson is the one who does the majority of the player-hunting and persuading them to join.

Maybe having someone to essentially provide him with a squad of players as per his instructions would be perfect for how DA works – we’ve just got to pray that he can squeeze enough out of the current lot to survive.

I'd wager that both DA and the owners knew that the current squad would be dismantled fairly sharpish as players more in the DA mould were brought in, but it must have come as quite a shock when it turned out the current squad/DA were incompatible.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 51 - 79
lew chaterleys lover
February 20, 2024, 4:47pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.07
Rep Score: +30 / -10
Approval: +10,723
Gold Stars: 237
Quoted from kafunanapar140909

For sure. If we stay up, we need a massive revolution. One of those windows where a huge turnover of players is imperative, otherwise we’ll just be in the same position again this time next year.

Worth remembering that recruitment wouldn’t solely rest on DA’s shoulders. At Crewe he did everything, and he was keen to stress that that isn’t the case with Town.

Presumably that's the whole point of Hutchinson? All the coaches will discuss the type of players they want, but Hutchinson is the one who does the majority of the player-hunting and persuading them to join.

Maybe having someone to essentially provide him with a squad of players as per his instructions would be perfect for how DA works – we’ve just got to pray that he can squeeze enough out of the current lot to survive.

I'd wager that both DA and the owners knew that the current squad would be dismantled fairly sharpish as players more in the DA mould were brought in, but it must have come as quite a shock when it turned out the current squad/DA were incompatible.

I agree with a lot you say, but what are we to make of how good the existing players were against MK, Crewe, Salford, and large parts of the games against Walsall and Notts? In those last 2 we should really have been out of sight by half time.

I can quite understand Artell saying we were far too good to go down as it is difficult to believe now but we played some great football during those games.

Like everyone else I am bemused why every opposition shot seems to go in whilst ours don't, and the sudden collapse in form.
Private Message
Reply: 52 - 79
crusty ole pie
February 20, 2024, 4:48pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.54
Rep Score: +16 / -1
Approval: +3,349
Gold Stars: 66
Ffs what a daft thread anyone wanting anything less then 3 points on Saturday needs to shake their head
What I wish for is 3 points saturday a comfortable last third of the season and Artell given the chance to rid of of this excrement team and given the chance to prove us all wrong that’s my wish now I await the read crosses. But please remember it’s a wish
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 53 - 79
It Bites
February 20, 2024, 4:52pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.45
Rep Score: +4 / -10
Approval: +2,205
Gold Stars: 265
Hope , that’s all I ever want as a football ( town) fan . Under Fenty there was none , I don’t count non league success at all but the play off run under PH is as good as it’s got for 22 years. I thought JS would bring Hope in the EFL but alas it’s alluding them too . I may rant on here and post rubbish but hand on my heart I just need Hope 🙏🙏🙏
Private Message
Reply: 54 - 79
GrimRob
February 20, 2024, 4:54pm

Posts Per Day: 2.12
Rep Score: +76 / -34
Approval: +13,411
Gold Stars: 113
Quoted from JK47
A 10-0 victory to us.

I think I might suffer a disappointment though.

Remember the game at Boston when we were 4-0 up at halftime? I think we had lost several games on the trot without scoring and everyone went into the game expecting the worst. I remember looking around at halftime and the entire away end had Cheshire-cat grins, everyone was in shock. Normal service resumed not long after and even the second half wasn't on the same level but for 45 minutes we were a well-oiled machine, perfectly in the zone. That might have been the season when there were 6 Lincolnshire derbies - Scunny, Lincoln and Boston and I think that was the only one we won.

'Tis better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all.  
~ Alfred Lord Tennyson

Logged Offline
Site Private Message Skype
Reply: 55 - 79
GrimRob
February 20, 2024, 4:56pm

Posts Per Day: 2.12
Rep Score: +76 / -34
Approval: +13,411
Gold Stars: 113
Quoted from GrimRob

Remember the game at Boston when we were 4-0 up at halftime? I think we had lost several games on the trot without scoring and everyone went into the game expecting the worst. I remember looking around at halftime and the entire away end had Cheshire-cat grins, everyone was in shock. Normal service resumed not long after and even the second half wasn't on the same level but for 45 minutes we were a well-oiled machine, perfectly in the zone. That might have been the season when there were 6 Lincolnshire derbies - Scunny, Lincoln and Boston and I think that was the only one we won.

https://thefishy.co.uk/story.php?id=8419333

We lost 7 games on the trot before that game then won 7 from the next 8! Funny old game....

'Tis better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all.  
~ Alfred Lord Tennyson

Logged Offline
Site Private Message Skype
Reply: 56 - 79
kafunanapar140909
February 20, 2024, 5:07pm

Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.12
Rep Score: +4 / 0
Approval: +575
Gold Stars: 50

I agree with a lot you say, but what are we to make of how good the existing players were against MK, Crewe, Salford, and large parts of the games against Walsall and Notts? In those last 2 we should really have been out of sight by half time.

I can quite understand Artell saying we were far too good to go down as it is difficult to believe now but we played some great football during those games.

Like everyone else I am bemused why every opposition shot seems to go in whilst ours don't, and the sudden collapse in form.

This is why I think we have a psychologically-weak team. It’s all fine and dandy when things are going ok, but as soon as we come up against any kind of crisis (which is often brought about by a lapse in concentration or some other stupid mistake) we wilt or completely implode.

I don’t really know how you address that without simply bringing in a load of new faces.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 57 - 79
Teestogreen
February 20, 2024, 5:10pm

Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.57
Rep Score: +10 / -2
Approval: -156
Gold Stars: 23
That Morecambe will have had at least 3 players sent off tonight at Walsall (midfield)

Blundell Park - The Home of Grimsby Town Football Club (still)  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 58 - 79
crusty ole pie
February 20, 2024, 6:53pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.54
Rep Score: +16 / -1
Approval: +3,349
Gold Stars: 66
Quoted from Teestogreen
That Morecambe will have had at least 3 players sent off tonight at Walsall (midfield)

And with the amount of rain coming in from the west the game will be postponed and they will be in action for the re arranged game that’s the Grimsby luck
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 59 - 79
8 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards The New Fishy › What do you wish for on Saturday?

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.