Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards The New Fishy › What do you wish for on Saturday?
Moderators: Moderator
Users Browsing Forum

What do you wish for on Saturday?

This thread currently has 3,805 views. Print
8 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next All Recommend Thread
kafunanapar140909
February 20, 2024, 2:02pm

Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.12
Rep Score: +4 / 0
Approval: +575
Gold Stars: 50
Obviously three points for Town.

I appreciate that plenty have completely lost faith in DA, but imo the best-case scenario (which I’m certain must be the board’s view) is that we scrape through to safety and DA has the chance to completely wipe the slate clean in the summer and build a team capable of playing his game. The board must be desperate for that to happen.

FWIW I don’t think DA is stupid, or a charlatan, but I think he has been naïve in trying to get this group of players playing in this way, or at least spending so long trying to get them playing in this way. We’ve seen his coaching come to fruition only in fits and starts, and whilst those glimpses have shown a progressive, pleasing-on-the-eye style, this group is clearly incapable of performing in that way, consistently, across 90 minutes.

DA needs thinking footballers, players who assess what to do with the ball when they get it and judge whether to go through the lines or chip over the top. DA knows this – he’s mentioned about the need to mix things up previously – but I just don’t think our bunch of cloggers are smart enough for it. In fact, this group has a lot of psychologically-weak players.

This isn’t a meant to be an ode to DA – I’m as amazed as the rest of us that he wasn’t sacked after Donny. I could see him being a perfectly good candidate, if he’s parachuted into an environment which is already set up for him, but we’re about as far removed from what he needs to succeed – players-wise – as it can be.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 40 - 79
cmackenzie4
February 20, 2024, 2:20pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 11.26
Rep Score: +130 / -10
Approval: +14,345
Gold Stars: 34
Like every Saturday I wish for 3 points, the most important thing (above every thing else) is getting the 3 points.

Grimsby and proud!
Private Message
Reply: 41 - 79
The Caterham Mariner
February 20, 2024, 3:15pm
Exile and Proud..
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.48
Rep Score: +1 / 0
Approval: +80
Gold Stars: 8
Quoted from Madeleymariner
3 points (oh and an email from Euromillions saying I won enough to invest big in the club)  

I win the Saturday Lotto and join you.

An Exile and Proud  !! UTM
Mariners Trust Life Member.
In the words of my Uncle Fred "You can take the man outta of Grimsby BUT  you can't take the Grimsby!  Out the man!"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 42 - 79
forza ivano
February 20, 2024, 3:32pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 2.46
Rep Score: +72 / -20
Approval: +15,178
Gold Stars: 265
Main thing for me would be FGR m Sutton defeats
. Dont trust Artell/ this team to produce anything positive
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 43 - 79
GrimRob
February 20, 2024, 3:37pm

Posts Per Day: 2.12
Rep Score: +76 / -34
Approval: +13,403
Gold Stars: 113
3 points and an emphatic win. The best possible scenario is Artell wins and goes on to be the most successful manager in Town's history. I might have criticised DA but it's nothing personal.

An unlucky defeat would be the worst outcome though as there might be the temptation to limp on.

'Tis better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all.  
~ Alfred Lord Tennyson

Logged Offline
Site Private Message Skype
Reply: 44 - 79
kevikov
February 20, 2024, 3:54pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.24
Rep Score: +14 / -5
Approval: +834
Gold Stars: 13
I’d just like the majority of men wearing town colours on the pitch to actually give a intercourse. To properly try their hardest to be the best they can be for 95 - 100 mins. No pulling out of challenges, be the first to that ball no matter what. No letting runners go, even if they beat you, make them pay for every inch they gain and force the error.

I was there, the day Bradley Wood scored a 35 yarder!

From the black and white striped shirts
To the fish in the sea
You'll hear us singing
Coz we are Grimsby.

You won't hear us crying
But you'll hear us shout
Coz we are the Grimsby
And this is our chant.......... Grimsby! Grimsby! Grimsby!

A.S.A.F.A.T.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 45 - 79
Mappers
February 20, 2024, 3:57pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 5.43
Rep Score: +8 / -3
Approval: +4,318
Gold Stars: 117
Quoted from kafunanapar140909
Obviously three points for Town.

I appreciate that plenty have completely lost faith in DA, but imo the best-case scenario (which I’m certain must be the board’s view) is that we scrape through to safety and DA has the chance to completely wipe the slate clean in the summer and build a team capable of playing his game. The board must be desperate for that to happen.

FWIW I don’t think DA is stupid, or a charlatan, but I think he has been naïve in trying to get this group of players playing in this way, or at least spending so long trying to get them playing in this way. We’ve seen his coaching come to fruition only in fits and starts, and whilst those glimpses have shown a progressive, pleasing-on-the-eye style, this group is clearly incapable of performing in that way, consistently, across 90 minutes.

DA needs thinking footballers, players who assess what to do with the ball when they get it and judge whether to go through the lines or chip over the top. DA knows this – he’s mentioned about the need to mix things up previously – but I just don’t think our bunch of cloggers are smart enough for it. In fact, this group has a lot of psychologically-weak players.

This isn’t a meant to be an ode to DA – I’m as amazed as the rest of us that he wasn’t sacked after Donny. I could see him being a perfectly good candidate, if he’s parachuted into an environment which is already set up for him, but we’re about as far removed from what he needs to succeed – players-wise – as it can be.

Agree

And the more Crewe fans feedback I get in regards their recruitment in the relegation season  ,the more I shudder that he somehow retains his position .

The counter argument is he's maybe learnt lessons from that and would go about it in a different way - he's only done it once so it's not like he's failed multiple times .

Do the board trust him to recruit what 15 -20 players ?

It would be a hell of a gamble if he remains in situ if he retains our league status , because it won't be evolution , it will be revolution for sure that's required.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 46 - 79
Abdul19
February 20, 2024, 4:04pm

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 3.41
Rep Score: +71 / -26
Approval: +17,565
Gold Stars: 216
Morecambe are odds against to beat us, so at least I'll be able to afford a drink.

JESUS AT THE CENTRE
Private Message
Reply: 47 - 79
JK47
February 20, 2024, 4:14pm
Shandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.71
Rep Score: +2 / 0
Approval: +189
Gold Stars: 2
A 10-0 victory to us.

I think I might suffer a disappointment though.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 48 - 79
Poojah
February 20, 2024, 4:17pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.25
Rep Score: +76 / -11
Approval: +29,539
Gold Stars: 1,500
Quoted from JK47
A 10-0 victory to us.

I think I might suffer a disappointment though.

I reckon there’s a good chance you might get half of your wish (and by that, I don’t meant a 5-0 Town win).

A smooth sea never made a skillful mariner.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 49 - 79
8 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards The New Fishy › What do you wish for on Saturday?

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.