7 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next All Recommend Thread
MNH1972
February 17, 2024, 11:36pm
Shandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.05
Rep Score: +2 / 0
Approval: +215
Gold Stars: 5
If you play Clifton, green and Andrew’s in midfield you deserve to be sacked end of
Logged Offline
Private Message
Heisenberg
February 17, 2024, 11:55pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.80
Rep Score: +9 / -1
Approval: +5,067
Gold Stars: 93
Quoted from MNH1972
If you play Clifton, green and Andrew’s in midfield you deserve to be sacked end of

I cannot with confidence say that Thompson is good because the only time I’ve seen him was last week against Stockport, and he was abysmal, but I would assume our best midfield is Thompson, Hunt and whoever.

I know Hunt has his enemies, but how could having him in the side possibly be negative, considering what we’ve seen in the last 2 home games?

If he’s fit, I’d play Hunt every game. He’s hit and miss, but right now we have nothing.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 61
male private Nale
February 18, 2024, 12:03am
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.35
Rep Score: +3 / -2
Approval: -919
Gold Stars: 136
Thompson dropped from squad after bust up with Artell post Stockport
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 61
out of town
February 18, 2024, 12:07am
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.40
Rep Score: +0 / -2
Approval: +717
Gold Stars: 10
Quoted from male private Nale

Where did you hear that?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 61
Swansea_Mariner
February 18, 2024, 12:10am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.61
Rep Score: +22 / -3
Approval: +6,455
Gold Stars: 63
Quoted from male private Nale

I mean this sounds ridiculous, but at the moment you just never know, where did this come from?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 61
Yoda
February 18, 2024, 12:56am
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.29
Rep Score: +5 / -20
Approval: -3,162
Gold Stars: 71
Well something has gone on with the players they have downed tools
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 61
ginnywings
February 18, 2024, 1:09am

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.03
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,143
Gold Stars: 548
When I saw the team, I thought that the midfield looked terrible on paper, and it was even worse on grass.

Looks like he decided to go more battling and pragmatic, and binned off Arthur, who is the only one who looks technically good enough for us, but ultimately doesn't really do much in term of goals or assists.

The midfield we have is simply not good enough, whichever combination you decide to pick. there are just too many weaknesses in there, and I'm still baffled as to how we have ended up with not one, not two, but three inexperienced loan players in and around the team. It's extremely poor recruitment and asking for trouble.

Other teams don't arrive at BP with those inexperienced players anywhere near the starting eleven.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 61
davmariner
February 18, 2024, 1:10am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.21
Rep Score: +37 / -10
Approval: +4,935
Gold Stars: 79
Thompson is a walking injury I’m told by an acquaintance who supports one of his former clubs. Even when he does play, he’s a banker to be subbed as he can’t last more than 70 minutes.

Up The Mariners!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 61
Alan Buckley
February 18, 2024, 6:25am
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.46
Approval: -256
Gold Stars: 5
Let’s be honest. The only reason Harry Clifton is anywhere near this squad is because he’s a Grimsby lad. So what? So are thousands of us!
You can’t try to play a passing style of football with Harry Clifton playing 90 minutes in centre midfield.
He has zero ZERO qualities to be a professional centre midfielder, poor touch, poor passing, poor technique, poor decision making.
Oh yeah but he runs around a lot and has a great engine, so? So does most other league 2 midfielders but they also don’t give the ball away constantly.
He wouldn’t get a game for Town reserve teams of years gone past let alone the first team!
Sooner he leaves the club the better so we can get past this ‘oh but he’s a Grimsby lad’ balderdash.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 61
newarkmariner
February 18, 2024, 7:01am
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.11
Rep Score: +5 / -4
Approval: +751
Gold Stars: 43
Quoted from Alan Buckley
Let’s be honest. The only reason Harry Clifton is anywhere near this squad is because he’s a Grimsby lad. So what? So are thousands of us!
You can’t try to play a passing style of football with Harry Clifton playing 90 minutes in centre midfield.
He has zero ZERO qualities to be a professional centre midfielder, poor touch, poor passing, poor technique, poor decision making.
Oh yeah but he runs around a lot and has a great engine, so? So does most other league 2 midfielders but they also don’t give the ball away constantly.
He wouldn’t get a game for Town reserve teams of years gone past let alone the first team!
Sooner he leaves the club the better so we can get past this ‘oh but he’s a Grimsby lad’ balderdash.

absolutely agree ,ive said the very same over and over again,been shocking all season
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 61
7 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards The New Fishy › Midfield today

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.