February 18, 2024, 9:50am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,256
Gold Stars: 236
Quoted from Theimperialcoroner

According to JT on the radio he was.

Tweet 1758853825979425221 will appear here...

That's the 2pm tweet
Private Message
Reply: 20 - 61
Theimperialcoroner
February 18, 2024, 9:53am

Posts Per Day: 1.05
Rep Score: +47 / -4
Approval: +5,210
Gold Stars: 102
Quoted from MuddyWaters

Tweet 1758853825979425221 will appear here...

That's the 2pm tweet

JT said that when he arrived Thompson was out on the pitch and loosening up and in the team. Something changed between then and 2pm. I have no idea what, just repeating what he said. Perhaps an early fitness test?

Batch, Crombie, Moore K, Wiggington, Cumming, Waters, Bonnyman, Ford, Emson, Drinkell, Whymark. Love you all, You are the reason I'm on here. You've had help from Todd, Handyside, Futcher P, Groves, Mendonca, Macca etc etc etc. Up The Mariners!!!!!!!!!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 21 - 61
Alan Buckley
February 18, 2024, 9:54am
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.45
Approval: -256
Gold Stars: 5
Quoted from dapperz fun pub

Probably a bit extreme lol but would it be any worse than it is now ?

I mean his last club marske have just failed to complete their league fixtures so although that might be a blessing for us with how we are performing, I would say yes, it could be much worse.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 22 - 61
toontown
February 18, 2024, 10:45am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.57
Rep Score: +13 / 0
Approval: +6,279
Gold Stars: 70
Quoted from Lincoln Mariner 56

Me too, being saying the same for three seasons but normally I just got red crosses and posts questioning my sanity in response. Wish HC had proved me wrong and we had at least one decent midfield player but alas he appears to be getting worse.

Still we have been told Sheffield Wed and Barnsley were desperate to sign him but if only he had gone to Forest Green we might have a better chance of staying up.

Two of those 3 seasons he was player of the year FFS!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 23 - 61
BrMarin
February 18, 2024, 11:26am
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.13
Rep Score: +17 / -2
Approval: +96
Gold Stars: 8
JT said Thompson was supposed to be on the bench.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 24 - 61
chaos33
February 18, 2024, 11:36am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.58
Rep Score: +66 / -33
Approval: +17,937
Gold Stars: 360
This is a big problem. Our centre backs are hopeless every game but we’ve no options to change really, unless we bring Mullarkey into the role (or one of the 2 new full backs) and perhaps Glennon back. Using Branwell would seem foolhardy. Similar with our centre midfielders. For me, you can’t play Clifton and Green as they both have similar weaknesses. Yesterdays three were all awful in every way so I’d reinstate Hunt and Holohan as they must surely be able to do better and have better technical ability. Don’t know about Thompson - haven’t seen him. I’d go Clifton, Holohan and Hunt for a game or two.

"You should do what you love while you can"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 25 - 61
MuddyWaters
February 18, 2024, 11:44am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,256
Gold Stars: 236
Quoted from chaos33
This is a big problem. Our centre backs are hopeless every game but we’ve no options to change really, unless we bring Mullarkey into the role (or one of the 2 new full backs) and perhaps Glennon back. Using Branwell would seem foolhardy. Similar with our centre midfielders. For me, you can’t play Clifton and Green as they both have similar weaknesses. Yesterdays three were all awful in every way so I’d reinstate Hunt and Holohan as they must surely be able to do better and have better technical ability. Don’t know about Thompson - haven’t seen him. I’d go Clifton, Holohan and Hunt for a game or two.

If Artell stays, you won't see Hunt.
Private Message
Reply: 26 - 61
Maringer
February 18, 2024, 11:47am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.87
Rep Score: +60 / -12
Approval: +16,542
Gold Stars: 185
Clifton's best performances for us have always been out wide and, given that Eisa isn't scoring and has been hopeless defensively, I'd put Clifton in his place.

You know he's going to bust a gut, get up and down the line and help out in defence and he does have a goal in him when playing in wide positions. I know it is theoretically taking an attacking threat away, but I think he can still do enough in that regard and the extra help for the defence is much needed.

He's really not a central midfielder, however, at least not in the squad we currently have.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 27 - 61
lew chaterleys lover
February 18, 2024, 12:02pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.07
Rep Score: +30 / -10
Approval: +10,723
Gold Stars: 237
Quoted from Maringer
Clifton's best performances for us have always been out wide and, given that Eisa isn't scoring and has been hopeless defensively, I'd put Clifton in his place.

You know he's going to bust a gut, get up and down the line and help out in defence and he does have a goal in him when playing in wide positions. I know it is theoretically taking an attacking threat away, but I think he can still do enough in that regard and the extra help for the defence is much needed.

He's really not a central midfielder, however, at least not in the squad we currently have.

This is what really infuriates me. Both Pearson and Davies will know that Clifton's best games have been out wide on the left, and to be fair to him he did do very well there. His energy to get up and down, and his attacking threat was great and he scored some goals. It suits his abilities as he doesn't need to see the wider picture like in central midfield, he just needs to own that left-hand side and help shore us up out there.

He looks like a poor player in central midfield by comparison.

Eisa has done nothing for weeks; surely to God the management team can see Clifton should take Eisa's place and Hunt or Holohan should be in central midfield?
Private Message
Reply: 28 - 61
Roast Em Bobby
February 18, 2024, 12:33pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.27
Rep Score: +11 / -2
Approval: +1,721
Gold Stars: 44
I can't believe Andrews is not taking some stick on this thread, he's the worst of the lot for my money.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 29 - 61
7 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards The New Fishy › Midfield today

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.