6 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All Recommend Thread
LocalLadGTFC
February 15, 2024, 12:35pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.37
Rep Score: +9 / -2
Approval: +4,216
Gold Stars: 137
Tweet 1757883897361105343 will appear here...

Accounts from 22/23 shows them losing 4 million without any upgrades to the infrastructure and they don't even own the ground. This is the sort of thing we're competing with just in L2... the fact stuff like this is allowed to happen is a joke. An independent regulator is needed and fast before we lose more clubs.
Logged Online
Private Message Skype
Gaffer58
February 15, 2024, 12:49pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.88
Rep Score: +6 / -8
Approval: +4,096
Gold Stars: 33
But when the get their “ football fortune” and reach the premiership then their investors get their money back in spades!!!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 50
crusty ole pie
February 15, 2024, 12:56pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.54
Rep Score: +16 / -1
Approval: +3,327
Gold Stars: 66
Quoted from Gaffer58
But when the get their “ football fortune” and reach the premiership then their investors get their money back in spades!!!

They have had their football fortune in getting into the league and promotion to the first division seems like fortune didn’t last long and will soon find their natural level
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 50
lew chaterleys lover
February 15, 2024, 12:57pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.07
Rep Score: +30 / -10
Approval: +10,712
Gold Stars: 237
Quoted from LocalLadGTFC
Tweet 1757883897361105343 will appear here...

Accounts from 22/23 shows them losing 4 million without any upgrades to the infrastructure and they don't even own the ground. This is the sort of thing we're competing with just in L2... the fact stuff like this is allowed to happen is a joke. An independent regulator is needed and fast before we lose more clubs.

It's up to them if they want to take the risk. You will never get a level playing field so you run a club in accordance with your finances and philosophy I guess.
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 50
LocalLadGTFC
February 15, 2024, 1:15pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.37
Rep Score: +9 / -2
Approval: +4,216
Gold Stars: 137

It's up to them if they want to take the risk. You will never get a level playing field so you run a club in accordance with your finances and philosophy I guess.

I mean it's not really up to the fans of the club is it. It's up to some bloke that really doesn't care about the fortunes of Crawley Town or it's fans trying to make money and will eventually leave them in the excrement. These owners really don't give a toss about the clubs.
Logged Online
Private Message Skype
Reply: 4 - 50
JK47
February 15, 2024, 1:38pm
Shandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.71
Rep Score: +2 / 0
Approval: +189
Gold Stars: 2
https://www.theguardian.com/fo.....uce-agents-influence

Stockwood's latest piece in the Guardian on this topic,
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 50
Mappers
February 15, 2024, 1:42pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 5.43
Rep Score: +8 / -3
Approval: +4,317
Gold Stars: 117
Colchester , Crawley and Leyton Orient all posting big big losses in the last couple of weeks .

Just to try and compete or get out of league 2

I don't mind so much if someone puts the money in as a hobby or whatever and won't let the club go when they have finished , it's more the Crawley/Scunthorpe scenario when the club/and, or stadium is leveraged against loads of debt which will leave the club eventually in a mess or worse .

That's why although on the pitch it's bad atm I struggle to be too harsh on Stockwood & Pettit as they are at least trying their best to run the club the right way . Unfortunately the right way does not always mean success .
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 50
Spurn boy
February 15, 2024, 4:37pm

Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.23
Rep Score: +2 / 0
Approval: +1,238
Gold Stars: 27
Quoted from Mappers
Colchester , Crawley and Leyton Orient all posting big big losses in the last couple of weeks .

Just to try and compete or get out of league 2

I don't mind so much if someone puts the money in as a hobby or whatever and won't let the club go when they have finished , it's more the Crawley/Scunthorpe scenario when the club/and, or stadium is leveraged against loads of debt which will leave the club eventually in a mess or worse .

That's why although on the pitch it's bad atm I struggle to be too harsh on Stockwood & Pettit as they are at least trying their best to run the club the right way . Unfortunately the right way does not always mean success .

True pumping millions into a lower league club doesn’t necessarily guarantee success.

Dead Eye Dobbin stood motionless waiting, waiting, waiting for the ball to arrive. Back came the right foot, Down came the right foot, Bang ! Headlines around the world as the ball flew into the very top right hand corner of the goal.( Jim Dobbin scoring in the 89th minute for Town against Newcastle United away 24/10/1992 )
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 50
Gaffer58
February 15, 2024, 4:45pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.88
Rep Score: +6 / -8
Approval: +4,096
Gold Stars: 33
Off the top of my head Mansfield have spent loads over the last few years, in fact I think it’s the owners wife who’s in charge, so yes they’re looking good at the moment, and if they get promotion then it’s spend on another level in league 1, and I don’t believe there attendances are larger then ours.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 50
GrimRob
February 15, 2024, 4:59pm

Posts Per Day: 2.12
Rep Score: +76 / -34
Approval: +13,403
Gold Stars: 113
I agree with salary cap but I seem to remember when it was proposed in the National League there was much hand wringing on here. We're well down the table in this division wage bill wise but were quite high up in the NL. Most fans will want whatever favours their club.

'Tis better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all.  
~ Alfred Lord Tennyson

Logged Offline
Site Private Message Skype
Reply: 9 - 50
6 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards The New Fishy › Crawley Town/Lower League Finances

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.