davmariner
February 13, 2024, 11:30am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.21
Rep Score: +37 / -10
Approval: +4,932
Gold Stars: 79
Quoted from 137

There’s an old saying that goes something along the lines of when you get personal, you’ve lost the argument.

I don’t want my team to be relegated to the National League for the third time, and right now, that’s exactly the direction we’re going in under David Artell.

Up The Mariners!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 20 - 37
February 13, 2024, 11:48am
Guest User
Quoted from davmariner

There’s an old saying that goes something along the lines of when you get personal, you’ve lost the argument.

I don’t want my team to be relegated to the National League for the third time, and right now, that’s exactly the direction we’re going in under David Artell.

Maybe I lost the argument in your mind, but check out the ticks and crosses.  

Nobody on this forum wants to see us relegated, you're just sh1tting yourself too soon imo.
Reply: 21 - 37
davmariner
February 13, 2024, 11:50am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.21
Rep Score: +37 / -10
Approval: +4,932
Gold Stars: 79
Quoted from 137

Maybe I lost the argument in your mind, but check out the ticks and crosses.  

Nobody on this forum wants to see us relegated, you're just sh1tting yourself too soon imo.

I don’t really pay attention to ticks and crosses on a single thread, but if you have a look at the poll for whether we ditch Artell it shows my view is far from a minority.

Up The Mariners!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 22 - 37
forza ivano
February 13, 2024, 12:18pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 2.46
Rep Score: +72 / -20
Approval: +15,182
Gold Stars: 265
Think he mentioned that Tharme is available. The knowledgeable stockport pair on comms mentioned him favourably, saying he was a good solid centre half
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 23 - 37
toontown
February 13, 2024, 2:28pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.57
Rep Score: +13 / 0
Approval: +6,279
Gold Stars: 70
Quoted from forza ivano
Think he mentioned that Tharme is available. The knowledgeable stockport pair on comms mentioned him favourably, saying he was a good solid centre half

Yeah but Maher was a decent solid defender last year but that doesn't mean he is gonna be any good at meeting the very particular needs of Artell ball. Of course I should expect he's better than Rodgers so it's got to help.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 24 - 37
Mayaman
February 13, 2024, 3:56pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.92
Rep Score: +7 / -2
Approval: +3,416
Gold Stars: 74
How can people moan before we kick a ball.  Yep, I get frustrated but if I don't like it I can unfollow.  Im backing the Mariners. Come on Town!!!  UTM!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 25 - 37
Poojah
February 13, 2024, 4:04pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.25
Rep Score: +76 / -11
Approval: +29,543
Gold Stars: 1,500
Positive vibes from Danny Cowley.

A smooth sea never made a skillful mariner.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 26 - 37
headingly_mariner
February 13, 2024, 4:35pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.98
Rep Score: +34 / -21
Approval: +10,355
Gold Stars: 113
I am struggling to warm to Artell.

We were promoted under Hurst and then FA Cup quarter finalists. He needs to focus on what he's doing.

He's also way off saying that's the first goal we've conceded due to playing out, it's a the first direct keeper mistake.
We've had our pockets picked numerous times playing out from the back. We repeatedly turned the ball over to Walsall within 30 yards of our goal and a couple of their goals came from that.

I want to see us play football, I want to see us play from the back, but we can't do it stubbornly every time we get the ball, opposition teams must believe that on occasion we can go long in behind.

I think he's a male masturbator, I hope he is a successful male masturbator.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 27 - 37
Nelly GTFC
February 13, 2024, 4:41pm
'Usually Positive'
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.84
Rep Score: +26 / -5
Approval: +2,749
Gold Stars: 31

Performance / Top Scorers / Assists / Discipline - Grimsby Town Statistics >> https://www.espn.co.uk/football/team/squad/_/id/386/eng.grimsby
Form Over Last 10 Games - Grimsby Town >> https://www.footballwebpages.co.uk/grimsby-town/form-guide/ten
Player Contracts - Grimsby Town >> http://codalmighty.com/site/ca.php?article=4202
Links on football clubs inc Grimsby Town >> https://footballclubforums.com/
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 28 - 37
RichMariner
February 13, 2024, 5:36pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.50
Rep Score: +42 / -4
Approval: +9,135
Gold Stars: 209
Put it this way…

If he was a manager that had been in post for longer than he’s been, he’s two or three games from the sack.

He’s given more grace on account that he’s only been in post for a dozen games.

Having said that, lose the next two and he’s on seriously borrowed time, irrespective of his length of tenure. Fans are desperate for reassurance. We’ve had too many managers in our recent history who can talk the talk but cannot walk the walk.

Like I say, hope everything works out. Maybe the penny drops soon and the players hit their stride.

"Don't shine that light in my face, mate - I've just lost a pint of blood."
Logged Offline
Site Private Message
Reply: 29 - 37
4 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards The New Fishy › Artell's pre- Colchester interview

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.