4 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 All Recommend Thread
WOZOFGRIMSBY
February 12, 2024, 1:24pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.74
Rep Score: +66 / -22
Approval: +8,839
Gold Stars: 178
Only thing I don’t get more than anything, and what I am failing to understand, is him not starting Vernams instead of having him on the bench.  this may have been already brought up, maybe he wasnt ‘match fit’, but, the game turned slightly with his direct running at their defence and ironically we scored from one of those forays forward.

Rose is on fire

And your scotch eggs are fu(king vile
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 30 - 37
monkeyboy
February 12, 2024, 1:26pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.31
Rep Score: +4 / -8
Approval: -167
Gold Stars: 26
The timing to come up against clearly the best team in the division was not great, a lot of people were reasonably happy the way we played against Accrington as was i.
I had a nasty suspensions that should we lose even by one against the best team in the division that it was going to erupt on here.

What were people expecting? where you thinking we become Barcelona overnight?

Im hoping 3 points tomorrow night will balance things out again and make people realise that yes we have been awful at times but for god sakes you do not turn into world beaters overnight.  it takes time. and by time i mean at least a season.

So hopefully 3 points tomorrow and the boo boys go quiet again!

FFS get behind what we have got.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 31 - 37
ROKERITE
February 12, 2024, 1:29pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.16
Rep Score: +13 / -3
Approval: +425
Gold Stars: 5
Quoted from pontoonlew

Artell is being slagged off but we’re twerking for the Cowleys who haven’t won since their arrival at the start of Jan.

Actually they've won one but I get your point. I'm a big admirer of the Cowleys but I like Artell too. However Artell needs time and, having been relegated out of the league twice in just over a decade, I can understand many supporters aren't willing to give him that time.
I believe if Artell was here for the long haul (as he was at Crewe) Grimsby Town would reach League One under him. I fear the dread of what might happen in three months might mean we don't get to see what would happen in three or four years.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 32 - 37
Son of Cod
February 12, 2024, 1:37pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.93
Rep Score: +8 / 0
Approval: +5,328
Gold Stars: 196
Quoted from WOZOFGRIMSBY
Only thing I don’t get more than anything, and what I am failing to understand, is him not starting Vernams instead of having him on the bench.  this may have been already brought up, maybe he wasnt ‘match fit’, but, the game turned slightly with his direct running at their defence and ironically we scored from one of those forays forward.

Yep. Has to start tomorrow Vernam. Been our best player in the last few matches and he's only been on the pitch for about a third of that period of time.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 33 - 37
kafunanapar140909
February 12, 2024, 1:37pm

Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.12
Rep Score: +4 / 0
Approval: +575
Gold Stars: 50
Quoted from Poojah

With hindsight, I think there’s possibly some truth in the idea that attempting to transition from ultra-pragmatic Hurstball to gung-ho, sexy football in one straight hit, in the middle of a difficult season, was a tad naive.

It’s worth noting that Hurst himself seemed to be trying to transition from ultra-pragmatic Hurstball to gung-ho, sexy football – there were plenty of observations in the first part of the season about how we seemed to be trying to play a more possession-based style. Perhaps that was a request from the owners, and perhaps that played a role in our recruitment in the summer? If so, maybe the naivety of the owners came in asking Hurst to oversee the transition to sexy football when his career to date suggests that’s not really his way. If they were dead set on sexy football, in hindsight they probably should have changed manager in the summer. And I say that as a fan of Hursty.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 34 - 37
grimsby pete
February 12, 2024, 2:00pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.80
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,801
Gold Stars: 222
Quoted from Spurn boy
Whilst we were all angry and frustrated about Saturdays result we started very much on the front foot with an attacking style of football and everything was looking good until the unbelievable error from Cartwright         IN THE 6TH MINUTE      that knocked the stuffing out of the players and the fans but you see those mistakes happening in the premiership as well. DA won’t change his style of play, he can’t but can the players carry out his instructions. Think we will see a much better performance at Colchester without the crowd shouting to kick it long.

Well we started well for 6minutes.

Over 36 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             68 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 35 - 37
oochiad
February 12, 2024, 2:10pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.62
Rep Score: +9 / -3
Approval: +3,719
Gold Stars: 28
Quoted from Son of Cod

Yep. Has to start tomorrow Vernam. Been our best player in the last few matches and he's only been on the pitch for about a third of that period of time.

And he’s coming back from an injury, are we assuming he’s fully fit or maybe needs breaking back in slowly?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 36 - 37
Son of Cod
February 12, 2024, 2:13pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.93
Rep Score: +8 / 0
Approval: +5,328
Gold Stars: 196
Quoted from oochiad

And he’s coming back from an injury, are we assuming he’s fully fit or maybe needs breaking back in slowly?

He's been back in the matchday squads for six weeks now which included a start just under a month ago so I'm assuming he's back and fully fit and has been for a while, I guess it's possible that he wasn't ready for that start before but I don't remember him looking particularly out of sorts. He's the only player of recent weeks that has displayed any kind of consistent amount of urgency in their play.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 37 - 37
4 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards The New Fishy › Home thoughts from abroad

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.