Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards The New Fishy › Artell In Or out ?
Moderators: Moderator
Users Browsing Forum

Should he go ?
In
Out
Give him 2 more games
'Trust the process'  regardless of this season
Busted flush /David Brent
  View Results 268 Votes Total
You must login or register to be allowed to participate in this poll

Artell In Or out ?

This thread currently has 8,829 views. Print
13 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 Next All Recommend Thread
denni266
February 11, 2024, 5:14pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.83
Rep Score: +13 / -22
Approval: +697
Gold Stars: 132
Quoted from HertsGTFC

I didn’t see it personally as I was too busy in the Upper having my own rant but word in the street is that Artell’s man management of Cartwright didn’t really fit with the current club culture

No it does not  but his win rate slots in just right  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 70 - 124
toontown
February 11, 2024, 5:17pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.57
Rep Score: +13 / 0
Approval: +6,277
Gold Stars: 70
Quoted from HertsGTFC

I didn’t see it personally as I was too busy in the Upper having my own rant but word in the street is that Artell’s man management of Cartwright didn’t really fit with the current club culture

Well let's hope hull don't recall him like man u did with Henderson, Eastwood is considerably worse.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 71 - 124
oochiad
February 11, 2024, 5:43pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.62
Rep Score: +9 / -3
Approval: +3,724
Gold Stars: 28
I went to Accrington last week and saw a team that was improved with the new recruits and in the game should really have got the three points. I’m thinking we’ll be ok, shame we have Stockport next week as we’ll obviously get dicked but come Tuesday and then the following Saturday at home against Donny we’ll be fine. I still believe that. I look at the fixture list and act accordingly regarding expectations, not many others do it would seem.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 72 - 124
friskneymariner
February 11, 2024, 5:51pm

Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.56
Rep Score: +15 / -4
Approval: +4,154
Gold Stars: 38
Quoted from louth_in_the_south

We’re not stupid, as much as it’s easy for people in the game to say we don’t get it . Football managers are successful for their man management , as much as they want to believe it’s about their technical side . Don’t get the man management right , no amount of technical mumbo jumbo will work .
Think the issues that on modern coaching course that is what is taught.Think the higher echelon have lost sight it is about passion emotion and commitment they  all follow like sheep,like all fashion,it will pass.

Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day,teach a man to fish and you give him an excuse for him to escape from the wife and kids for the weekend and drink lots of beer.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 73 - 124
MuddyWaters
February 11, 2024, 5:51pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,288
Gold Stars: 236
Quoted from oochiad
I went to Accrington last week and saw a team that was improved with the new recruits and in the game should really have got the three points. I’m thinking we’ll be ok, shame we have Stockport next week as we’ll obviously get dicked but come Tuesday and then the following Saturday at home against Donny we’ll be fine. I still believe that. I look at the fixture list and act accordingly regarding expectations, not many others do it would seem.

There’s defeats and there’s the manner of defeats. Stockport were metaphorically in the pub with their feet up at half time and for Artell to make out we were better in the second half is pretty patronising. They could have scored many more yesterday on top of the three we gifted them.
Private Message
Reply: 74 - 124
oochiad
February 11, 2024, 6:30pm
Cocktail Drinker
Quoted from MuddyWaters

There’s defeats and there’s the manner of defeats. Stockport were metaphorically in the pub with their feet up at half time and for Artell to make out we were better in the second half is pretty patronising. They could have scored many more yesterday on top of the three we gifted them.

Yes and your point is? I expected the defeat to be greater than 3-1 actually. The manner of defeat? A team that isn’t implementing instructions because they can’t, and beaten easily by a team well organised and scoring for fun, what did anyone expect? As I said, people’s expectations aren’t realistic……..
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 75 - 124
arryarryarry
February 11, 2024, 6:37pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.71
Rep Score: +26 / -28
Approval: +10,042
Gold Stars: 117
Quoted from oochiad

Yes and your point is? I expected the defeat to be greater than 3-1 actually. The manner of defeat? A team that isn’t implementing instructions because they can’t, and beaten easily by a team well organised and scoring for fun, what did anyone expect? As I said, people’s expectations aren’t realistic……..

I expected to see a team up for the battle whether we lost or not, not a team that rolls over to have its belly tickled.

You obviously have lower expectations than I do.
Private Message
Reply: 76 - 124
oochiad
February 11, 2024, 7:12pm
Cocktail Drinker
Quoted from arryarryarry

I expected to see a team up for the battle whether we lost or not, not a team that rolls over to have its belly tickled.

You obviously have lower expectations than I do.

Suggest you support someone else at the minute then, as we’re not capable of what you wish for. Whether you think Stockport couldn’t be arsed second half  the fact is it was 1-0 to ourselves. Is that pure fluke or a side that tried to some level??? Now Tuesday and Saturday I expect them to be at least competitive as we are playing sides that are on our level.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 77 - 124
arryarryarry
February 11, 2024, 7:17pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.71
Rep Score: +26 / -28
Approval: +10,042
Gold Stars: 117
Quoted from oochiad

Suggest you support someone else at the minute then, as we’re not capable of what you wish for. Whether you think Stockport couldn’t be arsed second half  the fact is it was 1-0 to ourselves. Is that pure fluke or a side that tried to some level??? Now Tuesday and Saturday I expect them to be at least competitive as we are playing sides that are on our level.

So you're not bothered if the players can't be arsed and at least try to compete.

I suggest you take up watching another sport as it was plain to our crowd that Stockport took their foot off the pedal, they made changes and stopped pressing our defence. After our goal we created intercourse all.
Private Message
Reply: 78 - 124
oochiad
February 11, 2024, 8:42pm
Cocktail Drinker
Quoted from arryarryarry

So you're not bothered if the players can't be arsed and at least try to compete.

I suggest you take up watching another sport as it was plain to our crowd that Stockport took their foot off the pedal, they made changes and stopped pressing our defence. After our goal we created intercourse all.

I respect your opinion H but I see it differently. I see a side trying but struggling, incapable of carry out orders(style of play) and under a lot of pressure when we’re at home with a crowd on their backs. We want the same thing though which is some good results that will keep our league status and so I’ll leave it at that. UTM!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 79 - 124
13 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards The New Fishy › Artell In Or out ?

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.