Heisenberg
February 9, 2024, 10:47pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.80
Rep Score: +9 / -1
Approval: +5,074
Gold Stars: 93
Quoted from arryarryarry
Wow that really is sad news, he was a class player and a really nice bloke.

According to wiki he scored 4 goals for us, I'm sure I remember seeing him scoring at Ipswich to earn us a 1-1 draw if my memory serves me correctly.

I didn’t go, but I reckon he scored the winner in a 1-0 at Ipswich. Possibly our first and only victory there ever.

I haven’t googled this, it’s purely from memory, so if wrong…….i’ll start to worry x.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 40 - 89
arryarryarry
February 9, 2024, 10:50pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.71
Rep Score: +26 / -28
Approval: +10,035
Gold Stars: 116
Quoted from Heisenberg

I didn’t go, but I reckon he scored the winner in a 1-0 at Ipswich. Possibly our first and only victory there ever.

I haven’t googled this, it’s purely from memory, so if wrong…….i’ll start to worry x.

You could be right.

Very well thought of by Stoke City fans as well.

https://oatcakefanzine.proboards.com/thread/311886/peter-handyside
Private Message
Reply: 41 - 89
grimsby pete
February 9, 2024, 10:55pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.80
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,800
Gold Stars: 222
Quoted from Heisenberg

I told you on the previous page he scored the only goal.

Over 36 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             68 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 42 - 89
Eastendmariner
February 9, 2024, 10:55pm
Mariners Trust Life Member
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 0.16
Rep Score: +8 / -5
Approval: +942
Gold Stars: 22
RIP Peter H. A rare talent  part of our history  and a fantastic player for us  

Mariner Trust Life Member  

Seen the Mariners win AWAY at 70 league Grounds

Grounds Visited 281[img][/img]

Blundell Park a Training ground for bum ref's
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 43 - 89
JK47
February 9, 2024, 10:56pm
Shandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.71
Rep Score: +2 / 0
Approval: +189
Gold Stars: 2
Played 234 times for us, scored four goals.  debut v Barnsley 25th August 1992.

Yes, scored the only goal of the game away at Ipswich. 9th January 1999

RIP
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 44 - 89
arryarryarry
February 9, 2024, 11:03pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.71
Rep Score: +26 / -28
Approval: +10,035
Gold Stars: 116
Quoted from grimsby pete

I told you on the previous page he scored the only goal.

I was probably that shocked we had won away at Ipswich I may have thought it was all a dream.
Private Message
Reply: 45 - 89
JK47
February 9, 2024, 11:10pm
Shandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.71
Rep Score: +2 / 0
Approval: +189
Gold Stars: 2
You'll see that this report has some incorrect facts, about him,, But I leave it here for your perusal ...

The Passing of Peter Handyside: A Tribute to a Football Legend

It is with deep sadness that we mourn the loss of Peter Handyside, who passed away at the age of 49. Peter was a beloved resident of Dumfries and a former professional football player, leaving an indelible mark on the sport he dedicated his life to. Having played for renowned clubs such as Stoke City, Grimsby Town, and Barnsley, Peter’s skills on the field were admired by fans and fellow athletes alike.

Peter Handyside’s journey in the world of football began with his debut at Stoke City, where he showcased his exceptional talent as a defender. His strong presence and unwavering commitment to the game quickly earned him a place in the hearts of Stoke City supporters. Peter’s contributions to the club were instrumental in their success during his time there.

Following his stint at Stoke City, Peter Handyside went on to make his mark at Grimsby Town. His transfer to the club was met with excitement and high expectations. Peter lived up to those expectations, demonstrating his defensive prowess and leadership skills. He became an integral part of the team, guiding them to memorable victories and leaving a lasting legacy.

Later in his career, Peter Handyside joined Barnsley, where he continued to exhibit his exceptional abilities. His time at Barnsley was marked by his unwavering dedication to the game and his ability to inspire his teammates. Peter’s leadership on and off the field played a crucial role in Barnsley’s success during his tenure.

While Peter’s professional achievements were undoubtedly impressive, it is his character and the impact he had on those around him that will be remembered most fondly. His humility, determination, and passion for the sport were unrivaled, making him a role model for aspiring footballers.

Off the field, Peter Handyside was known for his philanthropic efforts and commitment to giving back to the community. He actively participated in charitable initiatives, using his platform to make a positive difference in the lives of others. Peter’s generosity and compassion were evident in his actions, leaving a lasting impact on those he helped.

While the cause of Peter Handyside’s passing remains unknown, his legacy will continue to live on in the hearts of football fans worldwide. His contributions to the sport, both as a player and as a human being, will forever be cherished. Peter’s dedication, skill, and unwavering spirit serve as a testament to his love for the beautiful game.

As we mourn the loss of a true football legend, let us remember Peter Handyside for the joy and inspiration he brought to the sport. His memory will forever be etched in the annals of football history, and his impact will continue to resonate with future generations. Peter Handyside, thank you for the unforgettable moments and the indelible mark you left on the world of football.

https://countylocalnews.com/bn.....y-town-and-barnsley/

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 46 - 89
Swansea_Mariner
February 9, 2024, 11:12pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.61
Rep Score: +22 / -3
Approval: +6,457
Gold Stars: 63
Totally shocked was one of my favourite players growing up, he had such composure and class on the ball I was amazed he never played in the top flight.

So so very sad, we've lost a true legend and far too soon 😢
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 47 - 89
Badger57
February 9, 2024, 11:17pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.28
Rep Score: +8 / 0
Approval: +1,914
Gold Stars: 30
An extremely cultured and classy player. One of our very best. So very sad. RIP Peter and heartfelt condolences to all his family and friends.  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 48 - 89
GrimRob
February 9, 2024, 11:19pm

Posts Per Day: 2.12
Rep Score: +76 / -34
Approval: +13,423
Gold Stars: 113
In most people's Best XI who saw him play. He was so composed on the ball. A class act. RIP

'Tis better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all.  
~ Alfred Lord Tennyson

Logged Offline
Site Private Message Skype
Reply: 49 - 89
9 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards The New Fishy › Peter Handyside

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.