Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards The New Fishy › Artell In.
Moderators: Moderator
Users Browsing Forum

Artell In.

This thread currently has 4,594 views. Print
4 Pages 1 2 3 4 Next All Recommend Thread
CSLM
February 4, 2024, 5:57pm
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.34
Rep Score: +3 / 0
Approval: +638
Gold Stars: 12
After some of the threads on here recently I thought it would be good to have a more positive one about our manager.

The tranmere game was horrendous and I do think it is fair to question the lack of changes but overall I think we have looked much better under Artell.

I can see why he may rub people up the wrong way but I admire the honesty and belief that he puts across in interviews.

It may not work out but I think the next few years could be very interesting, in a good way. I liked Hurst but I feel that we have more chance of progressing under Artell than we did previously.

Jason and Andrew clearly believe him to be the best man for the job so let's get behind him and the team.
Logged Online
Private Message
arryarryarry
February 4, 2024, 5:59pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.71
Rep Score: +26 / -28
Approval: +10,044
Gold Stars: 116
I'm waiting to see how he does and how the new signings get on.
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 35
rancido
February 4, 2024, 6:11pm

Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.26
Rep Score: +41 / -10
Approval: +6,569
Gold Stars: 96
Quoted from CSLM
After some of the threads on here recently I thought it would be good to have a more positive one about our manager.

The tranmere game was horrendous and I do think it is fair to question the lack of changes but overall I think we have looked much better under Artell.

I can see why he may rub people up the wrong way but I admire the honesty and belief that he puts across in interviews.

It may not work out but I think the next few years could be very interesting, in a good way. I liked Hurst but I feel that we have more chance of progressing under Artell than we did previously.

Jason and Andrew clearly believe him to be the best man for the job so let's get behind him and the team.

Most of the DA critics seem to be fans who either didn't want him or seem frightened of having a progressive modern manager. They might not like his style or approach. I still remember when AB MK1 became manager and there was so much criticism from the fans. He was a non-league manager who signed non-league players ( Keith Alexander, Andy Tilson , John Cockrill) and was preparing the club for non- league football. How wrong they were!!! I think DA is in a similar position in as much as he has a vision of how we should play his style of football and will get in the players who can do that. We also have owners who believe in that and want a club to be self- sufficient and not dependent on a rich benefactor to constantly prop them club up. As DA said when he joined them club " It's an evolution, not a revolution".

The Future is Black & White.
"The commonest thing on this planet is not water , as some people believe, but stupidity ". Frank Zappa
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 35
CSLM
February 4, 2024, 6:31pm
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.34
Rep Score: +3 / 0
Approval: +638
Gold Stars: 12
Forgot to add that there are positives from playing out from the back but sometimes it is so obvious that it isn't the right time to do it, but we still try, which can be very fustrating. Hopefully the players are allowed to, and capable of, working it out.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 35
pizzzza
February 4, 2024, 6:56pm

Pontoonite
Posts Per Day: 1.06
Rep Score: +20 / -10
Approval: +6,701
Gold Stars: 137
Quoted from arryarryarry
I'm waiting to see how he does and how the new signings get on.

Are you new around here?
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 35
arryarryarry
February 4, 2024, 7:15pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.71
Rep Score: +26 / -28
Approval: +10,044
Gold Stars: 116
Quoted from pizzzza

Are you new around here?

Well I could take an early view on him taking us to equal 3rd from bottom if you want
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 35
promotion plaice
February 4, 2024, 7:16pm

Posts Per Day: 3.85
Rep Score: +20 / -13
Approval: +17,054
Gold Stars: 197

I just have a feeling that if he can keep us up this season he will move us on to heights we haven't seen for a very long time, he sounds like the type of manager that respects and keeps his players believing in him, same as Hurst to be fair.

When Leeds trainer Les Cocker was once told Norman Hunter had broken a leg, he asked: “Whose is it?”
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 35
Ashby mariner
February 4, 2024, 7:54pm
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.12
Rep Score: +1 / -2
Approval: +471
Gold Stars: 8
We'd never seen heights of an fa cup quarter final and a top half league 2 finish for many years.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 35
GrimRob
February 4, 2024, 8:01pm

Posts Per Day: 2.12
Rep Score: +76 / -34
Approval: +13,403
Gold Stars: 113
Hurst was a safe pair of hands. Never won automatic promotion anywhere. Solid and safe, unlikely to get relegated with him. Artell could go either way, but I don't expect a succession of midtable finishes. Next game is a free hit.

'Tis better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all.  
~ Alfred Lord Tennyson

Logged Offline
Site Private Message Skype
Reply: 8 - 35
lew chaterleys lover
February 4, 2024, 8:59pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.07
Rep Score: +30 / -10
Approval: +10,712
Gold Stars: 237
Quoted from GrimRob
Hurst was a safe pair of hands. Never won automatic promotion anywhere. Solid and safe, unlikely to get relegated with him. Artell could go either way, but I don't expect a succession of midtable finishes. Next game is a free hit.

Eh? We were relegated with him in charge and he had half a season to prevent it, and a complete overhaul of the playing squad which his MO.

He never had any intention that season to improve on what we had, with one or two better additions to bolster the squad but every time he just replaces one set of players for another.

He will always be remembered fondly but really he is quite a limited manager.
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 35
4 Pages 1 2 3 4 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards The New Fishy › Artell In.

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.