This thread currently has 9,121 views. Print
8 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next All Recommend Thread
come_on_town
February 3, 2024, 11:59pm
Coke Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.01
Approval: +165
Gold Stars: 33
I’m not a regular poster but feel the need for this post. Myself and 7 mates got off the 11:03 train into Clee and we are all ashamed of the behaviour of a few.

On the way to Accrington on early trains this morning we first encountered the new youth following….it’s embarrassing

Then there’s the return journey. The waiting for connecting trains and this youth following with an average age of 15 and some parents in toe are letting all us travelling fans down. My mates all around late 30’s found ourselves apologising for this rabble to station staff let alone other fans. We encountered Scunny boys who’s gave us a bit of excrement but on the whole was great company yet the youth decided they wanted to cave every one of their heads in.

We was all massively embarrassed and ashamed of the behaviour of these few and I think it’s not acceptable to let this behaviour be associated with the mass of travelling well behaved mass.

If the older guys associated with the knobs read this post then wake up. The 80’s football culture copulated off long ago and you’re an embarrassment to represent the club as fans on away days. Not just the yobish behaviour but the theft from off licence’s and pubs around Accrington….

Totally understand it’s not a #GTFC problem but it’s giving us all a bad name….RANT OVER Sorry guys. Utm

Private Message
Plankton
February 4, 2024, 12:28am

Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.25
Rep Score: +2 / 0
Approval: +1,215
Gold Stars: 38
It's an unfortunate truth that a less than ideal portion of our following are delinquent.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 71
BenBB
February 4, 2024, 12:40am

Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.20
Rep Score: +1 / -2
Approval: +843
Gold Stars: 30
Quoted from come_on_town
I’m not a regular poster but feel the need for this post. Myself and 7 mates got off the 11:03 train into Clee and we are all ashamed of the behaviour of a few.

On the way to Accrington on early trains this morning we first encountered the new youth following….it’s embarrassing

Then there’s the return journey. The waiting for connecting trains and this youth following with an average age of 15 and some parents in toe are letting all us travelling fans down. My mates all around late 30’s found ourselves apologising for this rabble to station staff let alone other fans. We encountered Scunny boys who’s gave us a bit of excrement but on the whole was great company yet the youth decided they wanted to cave every one of their heads in.

We was all massively embarrassed and ashamed of the behaviour of these few and I think it’s not acceptable to let this behaviour be associated with the mass of travelling well behaved mass.

If the older guys associated with the knobs read this post then wake up. The 80’s football culture copulated off long ago and you’re an embarrassment to represent the club as fans on away days. Not just the yobish behaviour but the theft from off licence’s and pubs around Accrington….

Totally understand it’s not a #GTFC problem but it’s giving us all a bad name….RANT OVER Sorry guys. Utm

Quoted Text
If something doesn't look right, text the British Transport Police at 61016. We'll sort it. See it, say it, sorted.

Logged Offline
Site Private Message Skype
Reply: 2 - 71
livosnose
February 4, 2024, 1:33am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.54
Rep Score: +14 / -9
Approval: +1,170
Gold Stars: 15
Stone Island and entry 3 city and guilds in panel beating go hand in hand nowadays

[img][/img]
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 71
Kris2
February 4, 2024, 2:38am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.65
Rep Score: +16 / -18
Approval: +2,634
Gold Stars: 136
It's a sad thing that some people want to ignore this and pretend the element doesn't exist. When papers and such have written about these problems fans have acted like it's all lies and exaggerations, it's not. Just take the train on an awayday and you'll encounter the yobs.
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 71
lukeo
February 4, 2024, 4:50am
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 2.07
Rep Score: +38 / -23
Approval: +2,372
Gold Stars: 148
It's a shame and frustrating.  I've said it before but what annoys me more is they only turn up for local[ish] games. None of these 'lads' ever go to games like swindon, newport etc
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 71
dapperz fun pub
February 4, 2024, 6:16am
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.59
Rep Score: +37 / -6
Approval: +9,939
Gold Stars: 82
I travel on trains a lot for work ( when they’re not striking ) I’ve encountered donny fans scunny fans Huddersfield Bolton Crystal Palace and Preston and probably more I’ve forgot this current season. I’ve either been on a train with them or seen them performing at a station. From disrespecting the train staff to fighting to throwing beer hooligan culture is still very much alive all over the country and is a national problem within society. I don’t think it will ever go away personally
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 71
Freemoash88
February 4, 2024, 7:00am

Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.20
Rep Score: +7 / -2
Approval: +893
Gold Stars: 2
Yeah the problem is they watch films like "Football Factory" and "Green Street" and think that's how they should behave.

Listen like alot of Gentleman aged 30+ like myself I use football as a getaway from work, mrs and kids haha as harsh as it sounds to be around the lads and watch my beloved GTFC and have a couple of beers. I've never been one for looking for trouble or creating it and don't know why the youth today all have to dress the same getting the designer brands and "GET THE BADGE IN"  to feel big and hard.

These lads old and young are trying to recapture the 80s football violence and nearly 99% are all mouth, full of chants and can't actually handle there beer.

I'd love to see how long these muppets would last travelling to Eastern European countires and trying to pull the same excrement over there as they wouldn't last two minutes.

Unfortunately we won't completely eradicate this behavior but the more we speak up against it and report the individuals the quicker the clubs can react and start dishing out longer bans.  

Sorry you had to witness this I don't mind lads being lads but taking it too far like they have done this shouldn't be allowed to be at football games.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 71
Mappers
February 4, 2024, 7:18am
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 5.43
Rep Score: +8 / -3
Approval: +4,323
Gold Stars: 118
I don't think it's any worse than other clubs , but still should not exist .

Not had many experiences myself , never get any bother but I do remember those sort of 'fans' smashing a double decker bus to bits, windows and all in Sheffield before we played Wednesday years ago ,  leaving kids and families traumatised as the bus was blown out .

There were  a few before the London stadium play off final  in that atire who obviously could not handle their beer firing fireworks all over the place ,1 had a flare up his bottom ,  wrecking the pub bits and pieces .

Don't know what the answer is apart from calling them out or raising awareness like your post here .
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 71
Maringer
February 4, 2024, 7:44am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.87
Rep Score: +60 / -12
Approval: +16,512
Gold Stars: 185
Unfortunately, some people are going to act like helmets, regardless of what they are doing. If they were out on a Saturday night, they would be acting like helmets, if they are doing the weekly shop, they act like helmets, if they are on the train to a Town game, they act like helmets.

Their forefathers probably acted like helmets as well and you'll often find their parents still do.

It's a pity that this is the way it has to be, especially when they are out of town (mis)representing the club, but not much can be done about it. Just have to hope they get a minor kicking at some point to teach them a bit of a lesson but, in truth, they'll probably get away with it. And then brag about it to their kids as they grow up and the cycle continues...
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 71
8 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Non Football › Embarrassed/ashamed

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.