Mappers
February 4, 2024, 1:33pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 5.44
Rep Score: +8 / -3
Approval: +4,440
Gold Stars: 119
Quoted from JK47

Used to happen at Wembley when folks would lob bottles down from the top of the steps.  It's society I'm afraid.  I believe that it's folks who are suddenly free from the ties of home/mother/wife/father.  Seen it in France.  Brits get off the boat who wouldn't speed (too much!) on their local road - straight up to 100 kph on a 50 kph road.  One bloke from the City of London in an Audi caught doing 250kph on a motorway instead of sticking to somewhere near the 130kph he was allowed anyway.  It's all a demonstrable lack of maturity.

Best thing they did at footy ,music gigs etc was change from glass bottles /pint glasses to plastic cups because at least the worst that is going to happen is you get wet .
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 30 - 71
Dave Gilberts Left Peg
February 4, 2024, 4:59pm
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.49
Rep Score: +2 / -5
Approval: -158
Gold Stars: 78
Quoted from It Bites
Simpletons are a drain on society on so many levels . I’ll be glad when conscription starts again , we’ll see how brave they are then , cannon fodder

Melt of the week

Only the dead have seen the end of war
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 31 - 71
Dave Gilberts Left Peg
February 4, 2024, 5:12pm
Snakebite drinker
Rep Score: +2 / -5
Approval: -158
Gold Stars: 78
Quoted from LH
It’s a debate for the non football board but it’s always interesting to see how popular conscription is amongst those i) too old for it and ii) who didn’t volunteer to serve when they were of the age that would be called up for it. The forces wouldn’t want the hooligan groups anyway.

What do you know about serving, apart from in the local chip shop?

Only the dead have seen the end of war
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 32 - 71
WOZOFGRIMSBY
February 4, 2024, 5:22pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.74
Rep Score: +66 / -22
Approval: +8,978
Gold Stars: 184
An "Away Day to Londonderry!" Back in the day would change the attitude,approach to life ....Failing that  Confusis say "Birch the iligimates"
And their parents also of questionable parentage should have been made to do National Service , and it's not all "Town" fans.
UTM

Not sure what you mean by your opening line. I’ll put it down as sheer ignorance

Rose is on fire

And your scotch eggs are fu(king vile
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 33 - 71
FishySmithy
February 4, 2024, 5:41pm
Shandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.11
Approval: +36
Gold Stars: 3
Quoted from ska face
Just for a bit of balance, this was nice to come across yesterday -

Tweet 1753768282350645744 will appear here...

Just before the geriatrics on here starting rounding young kids up.

Love how everyone is quick to jump on the negatives, yet fail to commend this action 👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻 high probability that some of those people also assisted in this, top stuff.

Those quick to judge or throw caveman comments about shame on you, your no better than what you have described as poor behaviour.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 34 - 71
It Bites
February 4, 2024, 6:08pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.46
Rep Score: +4 / -10
Approval: +2,206
Gold Stars: 266
Quoted from FishySmithy

Love how everyone is quick to jump on the negatives, yet fail to commend this action 👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻 high probability that some of those people also assisted in this, top stuff.

Those quick to judge or throw caveman comments about shame on you, your no better than what you have described as poor behaviour.

Ok mate ok
Private Message
Reply: 35 - 71
February 4, 2024, 6:15pm
Guest User
Quoted from livosnose
I remember a very very cold Gateshead away ( we lost 1 nil ) and said hard boys queuing up to warm their hands in the toilets at half time……well hard

January 2016 I think. Absolutely Baltic.
Reply: 36 - 71
barrattstandman
February 4, 2024, 6:26pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.14
Rep Score: +4 / -2
Approval: +483
Gold Stars: 17
Quoted from male private Nale

Well said

I assume you are one of the male privates with that attitude
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 37 - 71
February 4, 2024, 6:33pm
Guest User
Forest fans in their 30s and 40s are the worst I've come across in the last few seasons. Old enough to know much better.

I travelled on another train where a young Wednesday lad in a group was singing a song about how they'd beaten Barnsley in the play-off final. There was a group of older and rather useful looking Barnsley fans in the same carriage and he was told to 'shut the **** up' in no uncertain terms which was a better outcome for him than I thought he was going to get.

A few minutes later he went up to them and apologised. I spoke to him sometime later and he said he'd been daft! Decent lad actually. The Barnsley lads were okay too. Probably let him off because of his age and he didn't have to say sorry for winding them up but did.

Thought it was going to be another occasion where BTP were going to board and delay the train but thankfully not.
Reply: 38 - 71
The Caterham Mariner
February 4, 2024, 7:33pm
Exile and Proud..
Snakebite drinker
Rep Score: +1 / 0
Approval: +92
Gold Stars: 8
Quoted from WOZOFGRIMSBY

Not sure what you mean by your opening line. I’ll put it down as sheer ignorance

Certainly not ignorant thank you and well qualified
To comment

An Exile and Proud  !! UTM
Mariners Trust Life Member.
In the words of my Uncle Fred "You can take the man outta of Grimsby BUT  you can't take the Grimsby!  Out the man!"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 39 - 71
8 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Non Football › Embarrassed/ashamed

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.