TAGG
February 2, 2024, 10:51pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.93
Rep Score: +26 / -27
Approval: +2,968
Gold Stars: 124
Happy overall and bonus Wilson staying

In his three stints as Grimsby Town manager spanning over 10 years the club was never relegated and he also guided them to three promotions.
Only 14 managers have reached 1,000 matches in charge of a Football League team by 1998 and Buckley is one of them.
GOD
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 25
Freemoash88
February 3, 2024, 8:20am

Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.20
Rep Score: +7 / -2
Approval: +893
Gold Stars: 2
Yeah I'm happy previously under Hurst we've never had to really worry about defensive positions most transfer markets under him its been mainly wide and attacking players as defensively we've been sound its scoring goals that's usually been the problem.

Artell has inherited a Hurst squad which for the first time its's not been going forward that's the problem its leaking goals which goes to show hurst got it wrong when he was at the helm and artell had to address it this window which is positive.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 25
MrsMariner
February 3, 2024, 12:11pm

Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.11
Rep Score: +2 / -4
Approval: +445
Gold Stars: 1
Quoted from sam gy
I'm content. We needed better full backs and a new option in centre mid and we've got that - they're all experienced in playing higher too.

Attacking wise we are more than ok, as demonstrated against Notts.

Just need Pyke and Arthur to get fit as i really thought they both shone in those first few games under Artell.

Yes happy we seem to have addressed the defensive problems.
Not sure I share your confidence attacking wise. Not many teams will be playing rush goalie against us like Notts did
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 25
rancido
February 3, 2024, 2:03pm

Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.26
Rep Score: +41 / -10
Approval: +6,570
Gold Stars: 96
I'm pleased with the signings and I am convinced DA will get the right players in to give us the long awaited success we deserve.

The Future is Black & White.
"The commonest thing on this planet is not water , as some people believe, but stupidity ". Frank Zappa
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 25
ginnywings
February 3, 2024, 6:17pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.03
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,132
Gold Stars: 548
Quoted from MrsMariner

Yes happy we seem to have addressed the defensive problems.
Not sure I share your confidence attacking wise. Not many teams will be playing rush goalie against us like Notts did

We've scored 41 goals so far this season. We only scored 49 in the whole of last season, but we finished 11th, so it's certainly the defence that has let us down this season up to now. Orient won the league with 61 goals for, to put it in perspective.

If we can keep the goals out at our end, we will move up the table because we have a goal or two in us. We really should have nicked one today to be honest and had much better chances than Accrington did.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 25
lew chaterleys lover
February 4, 2024, 9:02am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.07
Rep Score: +30 / -10
Approval: +10,712
Gold Stars: 237
I see we have signed players in the window from Portsmouth,  Blackpool, Cheltenham , Coventry and Hull. Not a bad haul when you consider "players will not move to Grimsby" from down south, from the west, from big cities, from nice places to live, for the nightlife, for the travelling and all the other things people say every window.

As regards the quality it will be fascinating to see the impact they have over the next few weeks as often it is just part of a team that needs improving to bring out the best of the rest.
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 25
RonMariner
February 4, 2024, 10:21am

Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.42
Rep Score: +42 / -7
Approval: +13,693
Gold Stars: 226
Priority one was getting in capable full backs and it seems that has been achieved. It could be that the centre  backs might perform better if less exposed from the flanks as it appears that Rodgers and Maher had better games yesterday and of course we have brought in reinforcement in that position too.

By all accounts Thompson is a great acquisition and with existing midfield players we have a few options there and out wide.

I still would have liked another striker, but as has been pointed out elsewhere, we have scored over forty goals already this season so we do have a few players capable of a goal or two.

We just need to string a few results together, particularly against the bottom clubs we face in the coming weeks. No reason why we shouldn’t pull well clear of the drop zone fairly quickly .
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 25
Croxton
February 4, 2024, 12:02pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.75
Rep Score: +14 / -4
Approval: +3,014
Gold Stars: 33
I see we have signed players in the window from Portsmouth,  Blackpool, Cheltenham , Coventry and Hull. Not a bad haul when you consider "players will not move to Grimsby" from down south, from the west, from big cities, from nice places to live, for the nightlife, for the travelling and all the other things people say every window.

As regards the quality it will be fascinating to see the impact they have over the next few weeks as often it is just part of a team that needs improving to bring out the best of the rest.

Good point but not sure that  Accrington could have signed their excellent Man Utd. loanee keeper if they were on the East coast.  
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 25
Balthazar Bullitt
February 4, 2024, 1:09pm

Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.26
Rep Score: +10 / -1
Approval: +2,260
Gold Stars: 16
Quoted from Croxton

Good point but not sure that  Accrington could have signed their excellent Man Utd. loanee keeper if they were on the East coast.  

Dean Henderson forgotten already
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 25
somersetmariner
February 4, 2024, 1:46pm

Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.17
Rep Score: +7 / -7
Approval: +253
Gold Stars: 4
Quoted from Croxton

lols 🤣
shocker !

you can take the boy out of grimsby......but you can't take grimsby out of his soul, his blood, his semen!  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 19 - 25
3 Pages Prev 1 2 3 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards The New Fishy › Content with the window

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.