3 Pages 1 2 3 Next All Recommend Thread
VinnyGTFC
February 2, 2024, 9:33am
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.09
Rep Score: +3 / -5
Approval: +125
Gold Stars: 20
The January window is always tricky. The players made available are for the most part out of favour at their clubs and in the end there's always a reliance on their clubs bringing players in to release them from their squads.
Looking at the players who have come in, and that's six in total, none have come with a poor reputation and supporters have been on the whole complimentary. And that as we have seen over the years sits with some level of credence.
We can all agree the defence situation was the most important, that seems to have been addressed adequately with a light warning on those players needing to get used to each other as well as not having played much lately. So bedding in is still a concern.
On top of that a midfielder with a bit of bite and presence with some injury concerns but hopefully we will get something from him.
We are still unlikely to set the world alight but I think we'll all take a comfortable drama free rest of the season and see what the summer brings.
My hopes for Town is that we get to a position where we don't need to replace 7-8 players each season but have a developing squad which stays together and gives some stability and consistency to the squad. Promotion from this league as the likes of Bradford and Mansfield can attest to isn't an easy task and at times some supporters get ahead of themselves a touch and then voice their distain as their own expectations aren't met. We need to become a football league club again before we can demand continued success and if we get another promotion that should come with some level of ability to compete.
Let's see what the rest of the season brings and hopefully a couple of the new players will become fans favourites and give us something to sing about
Private Message
HerveJosse
February 2, 2024, 9:40am
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.89
Rep Score: +6 / -3
Approval: +1,206
Gold Stars: 144
Need to see the new guys play first before any of us can know . While some good career history there all have been out of favour laterlly so it’s wait and see for me . Still concerned we only have one senior player in club capable of playing number 9 role . Ironic that the position we have least cover in has been the one thing that’s worked so far this season but can’t expect luck to last forever on that.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 25
horsforthmariner
February 2, 2024, 9:41am
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.29
Rep Score: +7 / -2
Approval: +2,632
Gold Stars: 9
I basically agree with this.

Unlike previous windows we've secured players who are experienced but not old. We've shipped out players we all know would have gone in the summer and on paper we have the players to solve the defensive maladies (or should that be mularkies?) I think if you'd offer me this at the start (bar Conteh) I'd have been reasonably happy and lets be frank we couldn't do anything about Conteh.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 25
sam gy
February 2, 2024, 10:09am
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.33
Rep Score: +18 / -3
Approval: +5,477
Gold Stars: 55
I'm content. We needed better full backs and a new option in centre mid and we've got that - they're all experienced in playing higher too.

Attacking wise we are more than ok, as demonstrated against Notts.

Just need Pyke and Arthur to get fit as i really thought they both shone in those first few games under Artell.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 25
AdamHaddock
February 2, 2024, 10:24am

Main Stander
Posts Per Day: 1.26
Rep Score: +36 / -5
Approval: +2,838
Gold Stars: 26
I'm happy overall but was hoping for another centre back.

Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 25
Poojah
February 2, 2024, 10:26am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.25
Rep Score: +76 / -11
Approval: +29,588
Gold Stars: 1,503
Ultimately this was a functional window. A year ago, I think we were all a little bit disappointed that we hadn’t signed that elusive striker who might fire us into the play-offs (though George Lloyd was better than most, myself included, expected), but the reality is we’re not there now. As depressing as it is, this season isn’t about looking forward but simply about avoiding relegation.

Let’s get to the shore and then we can do the post-mortem of this season in the summer.

A smooth sea never made a skillful mariner.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 25
Nelly GTFC
February 2, 2024, 10:31am
'Usually Positive'
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.84
Rep Score: +26 / -5
Approval: +2,753
Gold Stars: 31
How I felt once a right back was brought in at the dying minutes.

Performance / Top Scorers / Assists / Discipline - Grimsby Town Statistics >> https://www.espn.co.uk/football/team/squad/_/id/386/eng.grimsby
Form Over Last 10 Games - Grimsby Town >> https://www.footballwebpages.co.uk/grimsby-town/form-guide/ten
Player Contracts - Grimsby Town >> http://codalmighty.com/site/ca.php?article=4202
Links on football clubs inc Grimsby Town >> https://footballclubforums.com/
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 25
fishcake63
February 2, 2024, 9:31pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.51
Rep Score: +5 / 0
Approval: +1,225
Gold Stars: 62
lol
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 25
livosnose
February 2, 2024, 9:49pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.54
Rep Score: +14 / -9
Approval: +1,173
Gold Stars: 15
We shall see . Fingers crossed Rose stays fit

[img][/img]
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 25
RonMariner
February 2, 2024, 10:21pm

Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.42
Rep Score: +42 / -7
Approval: +13,722
Gold Stars: 226
On paper it looks like we have done pretty good business. Fingers crossed that it works on grass.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 25
3 Pages 1 2 3 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards The New Fishy › Content with the window

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.