Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards The New Fishy › Liam Smith signs on loan for Grimsby Town!
Moderators: Moderator
Users Browsing Forum

Liam Smith signs on loan for Grimsby Town!

This thread currently has 4,528 views. Print
4 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 Next All Recommend Thread
GrimPol
February 10, 2024, 12:41pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.60
Rep Score: +3 / -7
Approval: -669
Gold Stars: 69
Quoted from Hagrid

highly rated so much so that he has only spent half a season prior to joining us in the EFL. Mullarkey cannot defend, he has been a liability down the right hand side, and when played centre back, he didnt look much better. Artell has seen that, Brought in a new RB and i'd be surprised if Mullarkey plays more than 5 times from now till the end of the season

He has played most times compared to all the others, so somebody likes him.
He can unnerve me when the backs are pressed, however, is good going forward and has some assists to his name. It will be interesting to see if he's picked as Stockport is good aerially in the box.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 20 - 33
HertsGTFC
February 10, 2024, 12:58pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.26
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +22,933
Gold Stars: 228
Quoted from GrimPol

He has played most times compared to all the others, so somebody likes him.
He can unnerve me when the backs are pressed, however, is good going forward and has some assists to his name. It will be interesting to see if he's picked as Stockport is good aerially in the box.

Is he really that good going forward?

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 21 - 33
mariner91
February 10, 2024, 1:03pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.64
Rep Score: +78 / -11
Approval: +19,651
Gold Stars: 261
Quoted from fishboyUTM

He hasn't been great at right back as he isn't a right back. Would imagine his confidence has been hit after being run ragged out of position. All I'm saying is don't write him off, he is highly rated when playing in his natural position as highlighted by Gab Sutton who knows his stuff.

Obviously one game isn’t a lot to go off but he played centre back against Crawley and looked even worse than he does at RB.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 22 - 33
pontoonlew
February 10, 2024, 1:09pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.00
Rep Score: +37 / -15
Approval: +9,034
Gold Stars: 176
It appears that the same people who got in a tizz about people criticising Efete last season are the same ones who are happy to do the exact same to Mullarkey.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 23 - 33
mariner91
February 10, 2024, 1:10pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.64
Rep Score: +78 / -11
Approval: +19,651
Gold Stars: 261
Quoted from HertsGTFC

Is he really that good going forward?

I don’t think so, seems to be a bit of a myth that’s developed. Generally he struggles to go past a man and I think he looks awkward in possession plus his deliveries are inconsistent if we’re being kind. Put a peach of a cross in for Rose at Bradford and a good ball across for Eisa’s second against County but then has games like against Harrogate where he must have hit the first defender 10 times in the first half alone. He’s certainly not as good going forward as Glennon but is equally suspect defensively.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 24 - 33
HertsGTFC
February 10, 2024, 1:11pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from GtfcGarner

That the little lad who gets his opinions based on everyone's fanbase opinion then links players with clubs as good options as he's signed them on Football Manager?

Though there are numpties that do this, Gab Sutton talks about stuff he’s researched and just shares it on social media, pod casts and via the web.

I would argue he’s better researched & informed than plenty of print jouno’s who just either share what they see on social media or gather from within the network of papers that are owned by the same people.

Like I say there are some numpties who talk bollox on Twitter especially during transfer windows what Gab Sutton does is talk EFL football but not in print copy.

It’s good as well as he’s not obsessed by the effing Premier League.

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 25 - 33
HertsGTFC
February 10, 2024, 1:12pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from mariner91

I don’t think so, seems to be a bit of a myth that’s developed. Generally he struggles to go past a man and I think he looks awkward in possession plus his deliveries are inconsistent if we’re being kind. Put a peach of a cross in for Rose at Bradford and a good ball across for Eisa’s second against County but then has games like against Harrogate where he must have hit the first defender 10 times in the first half alone. He’s certainly not as good going forward as Glennon but is equally suspect defensively.

That’s the way I see him TBH.

Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 26 - 33
Davec
February 10, 2024, 1:26pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.17
Rep Score: +15 / -10
Approval: +1,446
Gold Stars: 42
I can't say I am a massive Mullarkey fan from what I've seen, I don't think hes particularly impressive going forward, technically I don't think hes all that amazing with some poor crossing, albeit his cross for Rose at Bradford was incredible, I will say about Mullarkey is that he seems to be press resistant which is not something I can say for many of our players
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 27 - 33
Madeleymariner
February 10, 2024, 1:30pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.01
Rep Score: +23 / -15
Approval: +3,052
Gold Stars: 49
Quoted from mariner91

He has probably gone past more players than nearly every player in our squad (certainly more than Eisa) so far this season, its his crossing (along with everyone else) and defending that are the problem
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 28 - 33
HertsGTFC
February 10, 2024, 1:44pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from Madeleymariner

He has probably gone past more players than nearly every player in our squad (certainly more than Eisa) so far this season, its his crossing (along with everyone else) and defending that are the problem

So if he can’t defend or cross I think that would substantiate him not being selected.

Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 29 - 33
4 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards The New Fishy › Liam Smith signs on loan for Grimsby Town!

Thread Rating

There have been 1 votes for this thread.

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.