Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards The New Fishy › Denver Hume signs for Grimsby Town!
Moderators: Moderator
Users Browsing Forum

Denver Hume signs for Grimsby Town!

This thread currently has 7,638 views. Print
5 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 Next All Recommend Thread
Poojah
February 1, 2024, 6:28pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.25
Rep Score: +76 / -11
Approval: +29,559
Gold Stars: 1,500
Another tidbit from my Sunderland ST holder colleague:

Quoted Text
Seemed an excellent prospect and was comfortably L1 standard (first choice lb for us and then Portsmouth), but was very injury prone!

I really liked him to be honest, started 3rd choice in our first league 1 season (behind Oviedo) and he became first choice by the end of the season. Very attacking and pacey, but then injury's hit and he ran down his contract to sign for Portsmouth on a free (we offered him a new one though)

I know injuries have been an issue since, so it's how much they have affected him now I guess

Ultimately, like one of those episodes of “A place in the Sun” where some couple named Brenda and Keith want to buy a four bedroom beachfront villa with a private pool in Cap Ferrat for £95k, there were always going to have to be concessions made, and injury proneness seems to be the theme we’ve got for.

Given where we are, there’s risk with every option open to us. Personally, I’m a lot more comfortable with this than going down the route of fresh but unproven youngsters. A couple more signings in a similar vein to Hume and Thompson and I’ll feel a lot better about things than I did 24 hours ago.

A smooth sea never made a skillful mariner.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 30 - 43
Lincoln Mariner 56
February 1, 2024, 6:29pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.61
Rep Score: +23 / -4
Approval: +7,696
Gold Stars: 79
Quoted from Maringer
I can't see Glennon playing in midfield. The chronic lack of pace would be just as much of a liability there as it sometimes is in defence.

Assuming Hume replaces Glennon, does this mean that he is going to be taking all the set pieces now?

At least he moves about whereas Andrew just stands hiding behind a player from the opposition so he doesn’t have to take a pass from our defence!

Hopefully we have someone coming in to improve matters all round.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 31 - 43
ROKERITE
February 1, 2024, 6:31pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.16
Rep Score: +13 / -3
Approval: +425
Gold Stars: 5
He is certainly better going forward than defending. But the main issue with him is his horrific injury record which blighted his time at The SOL and prevented him from ever getting a chance to show his merits and defects at Fratton Park.
If he can stay fit for the next three months and Mr Artell gets the best out of him he could be a very good addition.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 32 - 43
louth_in_the_south
February 1, 2024, 6:49pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 0.69
Rep Score: +25 / -12
Approval: +5,687
Gold Stars: 96
Probably for the best we’ve only got him on a six month contract ^^

Lower F5
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 33 - 43
Nelly GTFC
February 1, 2024, 7:20pm
'Usually Positive'
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.84
Rep Score: +26 / -5
Approval: +2,750
Gold Stars: 31

Performance / Top Scorers / Assists / Discipline - Grimsby Town Statistics >> https://www.espn.co.uk/football/team/squad/_/id/386/eng.grimsby
Form Over Last 10 Games - Grimsby Town >> https://www.footballwebpages.co.uk/grimsby-town/form-guide/ten
Player Contracts - Grimsby Town >> http://codalmighty.com/site/ca.php?article=4202
Links on football clubs inc Grimsby Town >> https://footballclubforums.com/
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 34 - 43
Abdul19
February 1, 2024, 7:47pm

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 3.41
Rep Score: +71 / -26
Approval: +17,566
Gold Stars: 216
The contract thing - I assume we're just taking over the rest of his contract and doing it like this means we're not using a loan space?

JESUS AT THE CENTRE
Private Message
Reply: 35 - 43
Mappers
February 1, 2024, 7:56pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 5.43
Rep Score: +8 / -3
Approval: +4,324
Gold Stars: 118
Quoted from ROKERITE
He is certainly better going forward than defending. But the main issue with him is his horrific injury record which blighted his time at The SOL and prevented him from ever getting a chance to show his merits and defects at Fratton Park.
If he can stay fit for the next three months and Mr Artell gets the best out of him he could be a very good addition.

If he's anything on Embleton or the other lad you sent us (the name escapes me  , left footed midfield player?) I will be happy .
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 36 - 43
Poojah
February 1, 2024, 7:57pm
Vodka Drinker
Quoted from Mappers

If he's anything on Embleton or the other lad you sent us (the name escapes me  , left footed midfield player?) I will be happy .

Ethan Robson.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 37 - 43
Mappers
February 1, 2024, 7:58pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 5.43
Rep Score: +8 / -3
Approval: +4,324
Gold Stars: 118
Quoted from Poojah

Ethan Robson.

Cheers mate , that's the one he was a good player him .

Just had a look, he hasn't really gone on to do much he's at MK Dons now .  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 38 - 43
Poojah
February 1, 2024, 8:01pm
Vodka Drinker
Quoted from Mappers

Cheers mate , that's the one he was a good player him .

Just had a look, he hasn't really gone on to do much he's at MK Dons now .  

Fúck him then.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 39 - 43
5 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards The New Fishy › Denver Hume signs for Grimsby Town!

Thread Rating

There have been 1 votes for this thread.

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.