Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards The New Fishy › Curtis Thompson signs for Grimsby Town!
Moderators: Moderator
Users Browsing Forum
Googlebot, jimgtfc, Mayaman and 93 Guests

Curtis Thompson signs for Grimsby Town!

This thread currently has 8,161 views. Print
5 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 All Recommend Thread
Mikey_345
February 1, 2024, 5:21pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.31
Rep Score: +11 / -1
Approval: +5,383
Gold Stars: 106
Quoted from Limerick Mariner

Certainly bloated in places, Obikwu to add to that as well, but then short elsewhere. Actually we need another CB with Waterfall gone, I always thought we need 4 - any news on Tharme’s hamstring looked like a pull not a tear but still be a few weeks I expect.

The main issue I continue to see with the front players is that no one else can play the role that Rose does, hence my irritation about Orsi being let go. Not as good as Rose but capable of playing in the role or alongside him in a 2 up.

I’m more comfortable if we have another CB aswell. Thankfully BD seemed to suggest Tharme’s injury isn’t too bad.

All Town aren’t we

@GTFCLondon

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 40 - 48
diehardmariner
February 1, 2024, 5:36pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.99
Rep Score: +36 / -6
Approval: +17,630
Gold Stars: 539
Up front is definitely an issue.   It's quite simple at the minute, if Rose is unavailable we're truly copulated.  Obikwu is way, way too inexperienced to do it on his own.  Wilson looks more an impact type sub and Pyke looks far better out wide.  After that we're down to Essel and then Gardner.

I'm almost at the point of discounting both Wilson and Pyke as they don't seem to fit in plans as central strikers nor on the wings.  I'm half expecting both to be going out with a single replacement coming in the other way.

At least at centre-back we've currently got 3 covering 2 places (albeit one maybe injured) but the theory is that Mullarkey could go there (wasn't massively impressed when I saw him there but seen a few things that it's his best position) and I believe Green did a stint for Halifax there too.  

Far from ideal.  But if you present a scenario to me where I have to pick either going with a centre-back pairing of Green and Mullarkey or not having Danny Rose in the side, it's an easy answer.
Private Message
Reply: 41 - 48
Limerick Mariner
February 1, 2024, 5:46pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.56
Rep Score: +10 / -3
Approval: +5,701
Gold Stars: 136
Quoted from Mikey_345

I’m more comfortable if we have another CB aswell. Thankfully BD seemed to suggest Tharme’s injury isn’t too bad.

To be fair to PH his 5-4-1 got us out of jail in the league a few times and past Luton and Soton in the Cup. Not an option for us now letting Efete go and with one out injured. Comes back into play assuming a RB comes in if Mullarky goes in the 3

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 42 - 48
gtfc98
February 1, 2024, 5:51pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.74
Rep Score: +45 / -21
Approval: +3,066
Gold Stars: 68
Quoted from RichMariner
Just tempering the excitement a bit with the name Danny Rose (the 4G mast Danny Rose).

Came with great pedigree, Portsmouth and Oxford fans had nothing but praise, still had a few years left in him... and he was gash.

Why did you have to remind us of THAT Danny Rose?  

No longer Sick of the BlueSquare  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 43 - 48
jamesgtfc
February 1, 2024, 5:53pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.16
Rep Score: +20 / -5
Approval: +12,967
Gold Stars: 190
Quoted from diehardmariner
Up front is definitely an issue.   It's quite simple at the minute, if Rose is unavailable we're truly copulated.  Obikwu is way, way too inexperienced to do it on his own.  Wilson looks more an impact type sub and Pyke looks far better out wide.  After that we're down to Essel and then Gardner.

I'm almost at the point of discounting both Wilson and Pyke as they don't seem to fit in plans as central strikers nor on the wings.  I'm half expecting both to be going out with a single replacement coming in the other way.

At least at centre-back we've currently got 3 covering 2 places (albeit one maybe injured) but the theory is that Mullarkey could go there (wasn't massively impressed when I saw him there but seen a few things that it's his best position) and I believe Green did a stint for Halifax there too.  

Far from ideal.  But if you present a scenario to me where I have to pick either going with a centre-back pairing of Green and Mullarkey or not having Danny Rose in the side, it's an easy answer.

The amount of people I've seen listing positions we need players for and not mentioning a striker is frightening. The alternative to Rose is unthinkable at the moment.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 44 - 48
Nelly GTFC
February 1, 2024, 7:02pm
'Usually Positive'
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.84
Rep Score: +26 / -5
Approval: +2,753
Gold Stars: 31
Says he was preparing for Cheltenhams game against Wycombe on Saturday, next thing he's signing for Grimsby, so quick turnaround.

Performance / Top Scorers / Assists / Discipline - Grimsby Town Statistics >> https://www.espn.co.uk/football/team/squad/_/id/386/eng.grimsby
Form Over Last 10 Games - Grimsby Town >> https://www.footballwebpages.co.uk/grimsby-town/form-guide/ten
Player Contracts - Grimsby Town >> http://codalmighty.com/site/ca.php?article=4202
Links on football clubs inc Grimsby Town >> https://footballclubforums.com/
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 45 - 48
forza ivano
February 1, 2024, 8:00pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 2.46
Rep Score: +72 / -20
Approval: +15,204
Gold Stars: 265
both new signings have mentioned their experience and leadership. Happy days
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 46 - 48
February 1, 2024, 8:18pm
Guest User
Quoted from forza ivano
both new signings have mentioned their experience and leadership. Happy days

I noticed that too, will be good to have a couple of leaders in the team.

Reply: 47 - 48
Mariner_501
February 1, 2024, 8:59pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.31
Rep Score: +14 / -8
Approval: +227
Gold Stars: 27

We once signed a centre half from Halifax who was over the hill and looked like a sh*t signing at the time. He became a club legend.

As much as I love the sentiment, I find it mad when people pull out something that happened once 6000 years ago like it’s a general rule
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 48 - 48
5 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards The New Fishy › Curtis Thompson signs for Grimsby Town!

Thread Rating

There have been 1 votes for this thread.

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.