Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards The New Fishy › Curtis Thompson signs for Grimsby Town!
Moderators: Moderator
Users Browsing Forum

Curtis Thompson signs for Grimsby Town!

This thread currently has 8,159 views. Print
5 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 Next All Recommend Thread
IlkleyMariner
February 1, 2024, 1:59pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.56
Rep Score: +12 / -1
Approval: +3,012
Gold Stars: 69

Do you do it on purpose?

Touché ……predictive text!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 30 - 48
toontown
February 1, 2024, 1:59pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.57
Rep Score: +13 / 0
Approval: +6,279
Gold Stars: 70
Looks a very good signing in the face of it, exactly what we need, welcome Curtis!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 31 - 48
Mappers
February 1, 2024, 2:32pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 5.44
Rep Score: +8 / -3
Approval: +4,326
Gold Stars: 118
Good signing no doubt will improve midfield where we are short , still think we need another senior 1 in there . Let's hope another 4 in at least today RB,LB,CM and maybe even a cherry up top ?
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 32 - 48
Rodley Mariner
February 1, 2024, 2:35pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.36
Rep Score: +63 / -17
Approval: +13,239
Gold Stars: 177
Quite a lot of Notts County fans seem pretty drunk off that they weren't in for him. Or were but missed out to us.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 33 - 48
Limerick Mariner
February 1, 2024, 3:10pm
Whiskey Drinker
Rep Score: +10 / -3
Approval: +5,697
Gold Stars: 136
Quoted from Mappers
Good signing no doubt will improve midfield where we are short , still think we need another senior 1 in there . Let's hope another 4 in at least today RB,LB,CM and maybe even a cherry up top ?

Surely another CM depends on the Hunt situation…

A winger if Pyke goes. Also I’ll still go on about wanting a grizzled, gnarled beast up top - something I’ve wanted ever since Ryan Taylor pinged his hamstring, which as expected effectively ended his EFL career.

Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 34 - 48
WayneBurnettsJockstrap
February 1, 2024, 3:19pm

Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.78
Rep Score: +10 / -2
Approval: +846
Gold Stars: 117
Quoted from Nelly GTFC
Look at the bottom paragraph, the BBC thinks we have brought in Conteh from Bristol Rovers >> https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/68168419

Unless we have secretly got him back on loan until the end of the season
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 35 - 48
diehardmariner
February 1, 2024, 3:25pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.00
Rep Score: +36 / -6
Approval: +17,630
Gold Stars: 539
Quoted from Limerick Mariner

Surely another CM depends on the Hunt situation…

A winger if Pyke goes. Also I’ll still go on about wanting a grizzled, gnarled beast up top - something I’ve wanted ever since Ryan Taylor pinged his hamstring, which as expected effectively ended his EFL career.

As it stands.  Green, Clifton, Thompson, Andrews, Wood plus the out of favour Holohan and Hunt.   So you've got 5 to cover 3 positions, up to 6 or 7 if we fail to offload both or one of Holohan/Hunt.  Also young Braithwaite too.  I'm unsure on if it will be a case of another coming in just because we lose one more.  Khouri's only on loan for a month too.

Out wide we definitely still need to lose numbers.  Vernam, Eisa, Arthur, Wilson, Pyke and Clifton who can and does operate out wide.  6 covering 2 slots.  If (and I'm talking a big IF), Kirk does come in then surely it's at least one going out.  You could, of course, look at it another way that Wilson and Pyke are seen by Artell as actual strikers and Clifton is solely a midfielder so you're then down to just 3.  But I don't think he's seeing it that way at all.

We really are quite bloated number wise.  
Private Message
Reply: 36 - 48
The Yard Dog
February 1, 2024, 3:37pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.43
Rep Score: +14 / -2
Approval: +3,504
Gold Stars: 74
Quoted from 1mickylyons

Looking at your user name. A yard dog is just what we need to grab hold of the midfield.

They is only one yard dog
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 37 - 48
Limerick Mariner
February 1, 2024, 4:04pm
Whiskey Drinker
Rep Score: +10 / -3
Approval: +5,697
Gold Stars: 136
Quoted from diehardmariner

As it stands.  Green, Clifton, Thompson, Andrews, Wood plus the out of favour Holohan and Hunt.   So you've got 5 to cover 3 positions, up to 6 or 7 if we fail to offload both or one of Holohan/Hunt.  Also young Braithwaite too.  I'm unsure on if it will be a case of another coming in just because we lose one more.  Khouri's only on loan for a month too.

Out wide we definitely still need to lose numbers.  Vernam, Eisa, Arthur, Wilson, Pyke and Clifton who can and does operate out wide.  6 covering 2 slots.  If (and I'm talking a big IF), Kirk does come in then surely it's at least one going out.  You could, of course, look at it another way that Wilson and Pyke are seen by Artell as actual strikers and Clifton is solely a midfielder so you're then down to just 3.  But I don't think he's seeing it that way at all.

We really are quite bloated number wise.  

Certainly bloated in places, Obikwu to add to that as well, but then short elsewhere. Actually we need another CB with Waterfall gone, I always thought we need 4 - any news on Tharme’s hamstring looked like a pull not a tear but still be a few weeks I expect.

The main issue I continue to see with the front players is that no one else can play the role that Rose does, hence my irritation about Orsi being let go. Not as good as Rose but capable of playing in the role or alongside him in a 2 up.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 38 - 48
HertsGTFC
February 1, 2024, 5:13pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.27
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +22,952
Gold Stars: 228
Looks like a decent addition on the face of it.

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 39 - 48
5 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards The New Fishy › Curtis Thompson signs for Grimsby Town!

Thread Rating

There have been 1 votes for this thread.

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.