Reply: 10 - 29
lew chaterleys lover
January 30, 2024, 7:06pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.07
Rep Score: +30 / -10
Approval: +10,726
Gold Stars: 237
I take the point that Cartwright has not been directly responsible for most of the goals, but I think a relegation battle in league 2 is not fair to a young keeper still learning his trade.

If possible I think we should sign an experienced keeper who can help marshal  the defence with a voice that can be heard at the back of the stands.

Easier said than done of course but why on earth did we sign Eastwood again when he has never impressed anywhere and now restricts us somewhat.
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 29
LocalLadGTFC
January 30, 2024, 7:26pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.37
Rep Score: +9 / -2
Approval: +4,228
Gold Stars: 137
Quoted from IlkleyMariner

Think you are confusing this with the foxes and hens?

What does Leicester City have to do with this?
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 12 - 29
dapperz fun pub
January 30, 2024, 7:44pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.59
Rep Score: +37 / -6
Approval: +9,957
Gold Stars: 82
Eastwood was a shocking signing and young Cartwright is at the start of his career and not what we need right now. Bring in an experience keeper ,someone who’s not afraid to give a round of fooks to his defenders from day 1.  
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 29
VinnyGTFC
January 30, 2024, 8:23pm
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.09
Rep Score: +3 / -5
Approval: +125
Gold Stars: 20
Quoted from Maringer
I'm a little confused here. What exactly has Cartwright done wrong? I can only think of one or two of the 13 goals we've conceded in 2024 where he might have done a bit better and there was also masses of shite defending in the run up to those, so it's hardly his fault entirely.

It seems a few posters have been talking him down, but he's looked fine to me since he came into the team. I'd certainly trust him more than Eastwood who looks like he's going to crap a brick every time he's got the ball at his feet.

Not read a single word have you ????
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 29
Maringer
January 30, 2024, 8:46pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.87
Rep Score: +60 / -12
Approval: +16,555
Gold Stars: 185
Eh? You're saying you think Cartwright should be sent back and replaced with some unspecified more experienced keeper on the off-chance he can organise the defence a bit better. The idea that keepers organise defences rather than just shouting at them when they make a member-up is a fanciful one. What would Cartwright have shouted at Glennon on Saturday? "Don't let the winger get in behind you and don't lose aerial challenges"? No defender needs to be told that.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 29
HerveJosse
January 30, 2024, 8:57pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.89
Rep Score: +6 / -3
Approval: +1,206
Gold Stars: 144
Least of our worries this week
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 29
VinnyGTFC
January 30, 2024, 9:48pm
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.09
Rep Score: +3 / -5
Approval: +125
Gold Stars: 20
Quoted from Maringer
Eh? You're saying you think Cartwright should be sent back and replaced with some unspecified more experienced keeper on the off-chance he can organise the defence a bit better. The idea that keepers organise defences rather than just shouting at them when they make a member-up is a fanciful one. What would Cartwright have shouted at Glennon on Saturday? "Don't let the winger get in behind you and don't lose aerial challenges"? No defender needs to be told that.

Still haven't read a word. Go back to sleep
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 29
AncientExiledMariner
January 30, 2024, 10:14pm
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.51
Rep Score: +8 / -2
Approval: +516
Gold Stars: 59
I don't think we can afford to gamble too much unless Eastwood goes. Fortunately for us, Cartwright is keeping Eastwood out of the team. Unless there is a proven experienced keeper at this level ready to go, it could be a risk.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 29
mariner91
January 30, 2024, 10:58pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.64
Rep Score: +78 / -11
Approval: +19,662
Gold Stars: 262
I am a bit surprised that we've not signed Ben Garratt. Played over 250 times in the FL with slightly more than half of those appearances in L1 than in L2. Been a free agent since the summer and although he wouldn't be match fit, you'd have to think he's certainly a better option than Eastwood plus has worked with Artell before.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 19 - 29
3 Pages Prev 1 2 3 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards The New Fishy › Goalkeeper Dilemma

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.