3 Pages 1 2 3 Next All Recommend Thread
VinnyGTFC
January 30, 2024, 5:01pm
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.09
Rep Score: +3 / -5
Approval: +124
Gold Stars: 20
No complaints here with the progress of Cartwright. But on the basis we bought Eastwood and gave him two years. Should we allow Cartwright to go back and sign a true number one. I think we have to now if there's no interest in Eastwood.
Private Message
forza ivano
January 30, 2024, 6:03pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 2.46
Rep Score: +72 / -20
Approval: +15,201
Gold Stars: 265
persistent rumours, from before Xmas, that he wants to bring in an experienced keeper, so it wouldn't surprise me in the least. A confident, shouty keeper who organises and bawls out his defence might not be the worst signing to make
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 29
Mariner_501
January 30, 2024, 6:04pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.31
Rep Score: +14 / -8
Approval: +227
Gold Stars: 27
Really wanted Cartwright to become our long term keeper being a fan but unfortunately he’s not up to it
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 29
Knut Anders Fosters Voles
January 30, 2024, 6:21pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.86
Rep Score: +24 / -1
Approval: +8,828
Gold Stars: 555
The solution to the dilemma is easy:

First, Artell must take Eastwood across the river, leaving Cartwright and the corn alone together on the starting side.

Then Artell goes back and gets Cartwright. When he takes Cartwright across the river, instead of leaving Cartwright alone with Eastwood, he swaps them out and takes Eastwood back to the starting side.

He then swaps Eastwood for the corn and brings it across, leaving Cartwright and the corn alone on the far side. Finally, he goes back to get Eastwood, bringing both keepers and the corn across the river without letting anything eat anything else.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 29
Maringer
January 30, 2024, 6:22pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.87
Rep Score: +60 / -12
Approval: +16,533
Gold Stars: 185
I'm a little confused here. What exactly has Cartwright done wrong? I can only think of one or two of the 13 goals we've conceded in 2024 where he might have done a bit better and there was also masses of shite defending in the run up to those, so it's hardly his fault entirely.

It seems a few posters have been talking him down, but he's looked fine to me since he came into the team. I'd certainly trust him more than Eastwood who looks like he's going to crap a brick every time he's got the ball at his feet.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 29
GrimRob
January 30, 2024, 6:42pm

Posts Per Day: 2.12
Rep Score: +76 / -34
Approval: +13,410
Gold Stars: 113
He made 15 saves against Mansfield. When you give away as many chances as we do then the keeper is bound to make mistakes. Teams ars creating chances every 2 to 3 minutes on average against us in many games.

'Tis better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all.  
~ Alfred Lord Tennyson

Logged Offline
Site Private Message Skype
Reply: 5 - 29
IlkleyMariner
January 30, 2024, 6:50pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.56
Rep Score: +12 / -1
Approval: +3,012
Gold Stars: 69
The solution to the dilemma is easy:

First, Artell must take Eastwood across the river, leaving Cartwright and the corn alone together on the starting side.

Then Artell goes back and gets Cartwright. When he takes Cartwright across the river, instead of leaving Cartwright alone with Eastwood, he swaps them out and takes Eastwood back to the starting side.

He then swaps Eastwood for the corn and brings it across, leaving Cartwright and the corn alone on the far side. Finally, he goes back to get Eastwood, bringing both keepers and the corn across the river without letting anything eat anything else.

Think you are confusing this with the foxes and hens?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 29
HertsGTFC
January 30, 2024, 6:52pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.27
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +22,950
Gold Stars: 228
How can you judge a keeper with that defence and mid field in front of them?

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 29
ancientmariner54
January 30, 2024, 6:54pm
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.09
Rep Score: +3 / 0
Approval: -185
Gold Stars: 13
Quoted from Maringer
I'm a little confused here. What exactly has Cartwright done wrong? I can only think of one or two of the 13 goals we've conceded in 2024 where he might have done a bit better and there was also masses of shite defending in the run up to those, so it's hardly his fault entirely.

It seems a few posters have been talking him down, but he's looked fine to me since he came into the team. I'd certainly trust him more than Eastwood who looks like he's going to crap a brick every time he's got the ball at his feet.

He ate the corn .
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 29
crusty ole pie
January 30, 2024, 6:58pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.54
Rep Score: +16 / -1
Approval: +3,349
Gold Stars: 66
Quoted from HertsGTFC
How can you judge a keeper with that defence and mid field in front of them?

Doesn’t a competent keeper Marshall the defence but I do think he possibly needs a six shooter  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 29
3 Pages 1 2 3 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards The New Fishy › Goalkeeper Dilemma

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.