Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  The New Fishy  /  
Posted by: VinnyGTFC, January 30, 2024, 5:01pm
No complaints here with the progress of Cartwright. But on the basis we bought Eastwood and gave him two years. Should we allow Cartwright to go back and sign a true number one. I think we have to now if there's no interest in Eastwood.
Posted by: forza ivano, January 30, 2024, 6:03pm; Reply: 1
persistent rumours, from before Xmas, that he wants to bring in an experienced keeper, so it wouldn't surprise me in the least. A confident, shouty keeper who organises and bawls out his defence might not be the worst signing to make
Posted by: Mariner_501, January 30, 2024, 6:04pm; Reply: 2
Really wanted Cartwright to become our long term keeper being a fan but unfortunately he’s not up to it
Posted by: Knut Anders Fosters Voles, January 30, 2024, 6:21pm; Reply: 3
The solution to the dilemma is easy:

First, Artell must take Eastwood across the river, leaving Cartwright and the corn alone together on the starting side.

Then Artell goes back and gets Cartwright. When he takes Cartwright across the river, instead of leaving Cartwright alone with Eastwood, he swaps them out and takes Eastwood back to the starting side.

He then swaps Eastwood for the corn and brings it across, leaving Cartwright and the corn alone on the far side. Finally, he goes back to get Eastwood, bringing both keepers and the corn across the river without letting anything eat anything else.
Posted by: Maringer, January 30, 2024, 6:22pm; Reply: 4
I'm a little confused here. What exactly has Cartwright done wrong? I can only think of one or two of the 13 goals we've conceded in 2024 where he might have done a bit better and there was also masses of shite defending in the run up to those, so it's hardly his fault entirely.

It seems a few posters have been talking him down, but he's looked fine to me since he came into the team. I'd certainly trust him more than Eastwood who looks like he's going to crap a brick every time he's got the ball at his feet.
Posted by: GrimRob, January 30, 2024, 6:42pm; Reply: 5
He made 15 saves against Mansfield. When you give away as many chances as we do then the keeper is bound to make mistakes. Teams ars creating chances every 2 to 3 minutes on average against us in many games.
Posted by: IlkleyMariner, January 30, 2024, 6:50pm; Reply: 6
The solution to the dilemma is easy:

First, Artell must take Eastwood across the river, leaving Cartwright and the corn alone together on the starting side.

Then Artell goes back and gets Cartwright. When he takes Cartwright across the river, instead of leaving Cartwright alone with Eastwood, he swaps them out and takes Eastwood back to the starting side.

He then swaps Eastwood for the corn and brings it across, leaving Cartwright and the corn alone on the far side. Finally, he goes back to get Eastwood, bringing both keepers and the corn across the river without letting anything eat anything else.

Think you are confusing this with the foxes and hens?
Posted by: HertsGTFC, January 30, 2024, 6:52pm; Reply: 7
How can you judge a keeper with that defence and mid field in front of them?
Posted by: ancientmariner54, January 30, 2024, 6:54pm; Reply: 8
Quoted from Maringer
I'm a little confused here. What exactly has Cartwright done wrong? I can only think of one or two of the 13 goals we've conceded in 2024 where he might have done a bit better and there was also masses of shite defending in the run up to those, so it's hardly his fault entirely.

It seems a few posters have been talking him down, but he's looked fine to me since he came into the team. I'd certainly trust him more than Eastwood who looks like he's going to crap a brick every time he's got the ball at his feet.

He ate the corn .
Posted by: crusty ole pie, January 30, 2024, 6:58pm; Reply: 9
Quoted from HertsGTFC
How can you judge a keeper with that defence and mid field in front of them?

Doesn’t a competent keeper Marshall the defence but I do think he possibly needs a six shooter  
Posted by: IlkleyMariner, January 30, 2024, 6:59pm; Reply: 10
Don’t expect humour on this site.
Everyone is in despair
Posted by: lew chaterleys lover, January 30, 2024, 7:06pm; Reply: 11
I take the point that Cartwright has not been directly responsible for most of the goals, but I think a relegation battle in league 2 is not fair to a young keeper still learning his trade.

If possible I think we should sign an experienced keeper who can help marshal  the defence with a voice that can be heard at the back of the stands.

Easier said than done of course but why on earth did we sign Eastwood again when he has never impressed anywhere and now restricts us somewhat.
Posted by: LocalLadGTFC, January 30, 2024, 7:26pm; Reply: 12
Quoted from IlkleyMariner

Think you are confusing this with the foxes and hens?

What does Leicester City have to do with this?
Posted by: dapperz fun pub, January 30, 2024, 7:44pm; Reply: 13
Eastwood was a shocking signing and young Cartwright is at the start of his career and not what we need right now. Bring in an experience keeper ,someone who’s not afraid to give a round of fooks to his defenders from day 1.  
Posted by: VinnyGTFC, January 30, 2024, 8:23pm; Reply: 14
Quoted from Maringer

Not read a single word have you ????
Posted by: Maringer, January 30, 2024, 8:46pm; Reply: 15
Eh? You're saying you think Cartwright should be sent back and replaced with some unspecified more experienced keeper on the off-chance he can organise the defence a bit better. The idea that keepers organise defences rather than just shouting at them when they make a member-up is a fanciful one. What would Cartwright have shouted at Glennon on Saturday? "Don't let the winger get in behind you and don't lose aerial challenges"? No defender needs to be told that.
Posted by: HerveJosse, January 30, 2024, 8:57pm; Reply: 16
Least of our worries this week
Posted by: VinnyGTFC, January 30, 2024, 9:48pm; Reply: 17
Quoted from Maringer
Eh? You're saying you think Cartwright should be sent back and replaced with some unspecified more experienced keeper on the off-chance he can organise the defence a bit better. The idea that keepers organise defences rather than just shouting at them when they make a member-up is a fanciful one. What would Cartwright have shouted at Glennon on Saturday? "Don't let the winger get in behind you and don't lose aerial challenges"? No defender needs to be told that.

Still haven't read a word. Go back to sleep
Posted by: AncientExiledMariner, January 30, 2024, 10:14pm; Reply: 18
I don't think we can afford to gamble too much unless Eastwood goes. Fortunately for us, Cartwright is keeping Eastwood out of the team. Unless there is a proven experienced keeper at this level ready to go, it could be a risk.
Posted by: mariner91, January 30, 2024, 10:58pm; Reply: 19
I am a bit surprised that we've not signed Ben Garratt. Played over 250 times in the FL with slightly more than half of those appearances in L1 than in L2. Been a free agent since the summer and although he wouldn't be match fit, you'd have to think he's certainly a better option than Eastwood plus has worked with Artell before.
Posted by: AncientExiledMariner, January 30, 2024, 11:02pm; Reply: 20
Quoted from mariner91
I am a bit surprised that we've not signed Ben Garratt. Played over 250 times in the FL with slightly more than half of those appearances in L1 than in L2. Been a free agent since the summer and although he wouldn't be match fit, you'd have to think he's certainly a better option than Eastwood plus has worked with Artell before.

Artell probably knows how much he has to spend, and know what he wants. If he was going for GK, surely he'd have considered it, but probably didn't feel GK was the position that needs to be strengthened most for us to survive. We need potentially RB, LB, DM and maybe CM. I think GK would be behind that in priorities.
Posted by: Balthazar Bullitt, January 30, 2024, 11:13pm; Reply: 21
Quoted from Maringer

I'm planning on doing exactly that next home game and have purchased a megaphone to make sure the message gets across. If there are any other pieces of advice you need broadcasting, please let me know
Posted by: Maringer, January 30, 2024, 11:31pm; Reply: 22
Quoted from Balthazar Bullitt

I'm planning on doing exactly that next home game and have purchased a megaphone to make sure the message gets across. If there are any other pieces of advice you need broadcasting, please let me know

How about trying, "Don't play excrement".
Posted by: fishcake63, January 31, 2024, 8:28am; Reply: 23
we should have give max the two yr deal he wanted looks a more stupid decision every week
Posted by: Mikey_345, January 31, 2024, 9:10am; Reply: 24
A goalkeeper is probably quite along way down our list of priorities. Cartwright has been decent enough, after some nervous performances early on.

The only way i can imagine anything changing there is either; We identify and get someone who we want as a number 1 next year - as Cartwright isn't here and Eastwood looks like that's abit much for him, that could be one example. Alternatively, we are very close to the number of matchday loanees - which is 5. Should someone be available of good enough standard that might allow us abit more flexibility for an additional outfield loanee in a difficult market for permanent signings.
Posted by: 123614 (Guest), January 31, 2024, 9:13am; Reply: 25
Quoted from Mikey_345
A goalkeeper is probably quite along way down our list of priorities. Cartwright has been decent enough, after some nervous performances early on.

The only way i can imagine anything changing there is either; We identify and get someone who we want as a number 1 next year - as Cartwright isn't here and Eastwood looks like that's abit much for him, that could be one example. Alternatively, we are very close to the number of matchday loanees - which is 5. Should someone be available of good enough standard that might allow us abit more flexibility for an additional outfield loanee in a difficult market for permanent signings.

But isn't the problem the fact that he is here on loan and we more than likely won't have him next season?

Posted by: Mikey_345, January 31, 2024, 9:15am; Reply: 26
Quoted from 123614

But isn't the problem the fact that he is here on loan and we more than likely won't have him next season?

Yes, hence i mentioned about someone for next year. If someone becomes available, we should take them. However, we have alot more bigger issues infront of him which should take up most of our time. Goalkeeper can wait til the summer if necessary - the defence and midfield can't.
Posted by: Mariners_15, January 31, 2024, 10:05am; Reply: 27
Has Cartwright been that good? I don't think he's particularly let us down but I haven't seen him make too many fantastic saves to keep us in games maybe at key times. Defensively we look incredibly poor so it can't be easy for the lad but I want my keeper to really inspire my defenders and give them a rollocking as and when, especially when we are in the situation we are in. Just seems a quiet steady eddie at the minute keeping his head down and hoping it will be enough.
Posted by: Grimal, January 31, 2024, 10:57am; Reply: 28
Quoted from Maringer

If Cartwright had to shout that at Gennon he'd have lost his voice by the end of most games.

Posted by: DB, January 31, 2024, 3:06pm; Reply: 29
I'm not saying Cartwright is fantastic but considering the lack of form of the 10 players in front of him I find him passable till the end of the season and then a permanent replacement. As for Eastwood, I'd send him out on loan till his contract is up.
Print page generated: May 10, 2024, 7:33pm