3 Pages Prev 1 2 3 Next All Recommend Thread
Corkyefes
January 24, 2024, 12:25pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.34
Rep Score: +14 / -3
Approval: -117
Gold Stars: 7
Saturday is a must win game and its as simple as that.

Tranmere will not attack us like Notts County did, so we need to go out all guns blazing and make it a comfortable win.

I will be dissapointed if its anything but 3 points on Saturday, despite their half decent run of form over the last 5 games.
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 22
ex-merseymariner
January 24, 2024, 4:22pm

Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.24
Rep Score: +12 / -10
Approval: +1,401
Gold Stars: 9
Quoted from Corkyefes
Saturday is a must win game and its as simple as that.

Tranmere will not attack us like Notts County did, so we need to go out all guns blazing and make it a comfortable win.

I will be dissapointed if its anything but 3 points on Saturday, despite their half decent run of form over the last 5 games.

Its not a must win 6 pointer though.  A draw will be fine. Again I don't want a draw  but I won't be calling for the managers head if we draw.  This is the sort of panic social media is guilty of.

Maybe it's a must not lose.game? But again, not really, if teams below.keep losing....

#newera;   New owners, new approach;  'we bought Grimsby Town to help renew the place we love'  
Join the Trust, get involved: UP THE MARINERS!  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 22
Corkyefes
January 25, 2024, 1:03pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.34
Rep Score: +14 / -3
Approval: -117
Gold Stars: 7
Quoted from ex-merseymariner

Its not a must win 6 pointer though.  A draw will be fine. Again I don't want a draw  but I won't be calling for the managers head if we draw.  This is the sort of panic social media is guilty of.

Maybe it's a must not lose.game? But again, not really, if teams below.keep losing....

But what if they don't?

We need points on the board and shouldn't rely on others, so therefore it becomes a must win game.
Especially based on their position and form over the last two games.

I agree that it is not a six pointer, but it is a must win and in my opinion, a draw is not good enough.
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 22
louth_in_the_south
January 25, 2024, 1:11pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 0.69
Rep Score: +25 / -12
Approval: +5,689
Gold Stars: 96
I’m far from convinced we’re not going to get sucked back in . I’m generally not a pessimist but recent results don’t suggest there’s a sudden resurgence coming.

Lower F5
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 22
chaos33
January 25, 2024, 1:11pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.58
Rep Score: +66 / -33
Approval: +17,937
Gold Stars: 360
We need to win the game, and the home fans need to see us defend properly. For me, if we do that and it turns out to be a hard fought draw with us doing things that are effective and entertaining, then a point would be ok.
Key thing is - don’t lose and don’t give goals away. If that happens there’ll be another load of frustration, anger, moaning and general sh1t storm noise.

"You should do what you love while you can"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 22
jamesgtfc
January 25, 2024, 3:12pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.16
Rep Score: +20 / -5
Approval: +12,964
Gold Stars: 190
Quoted from Corkyefes

But what if they don't?

We need points on the board and shouldn't rely on others, so therefore it becomes a must win game.
Especially based on their position and form over the last two games.

I agree that it is not a six pointer, but it is a must win and in my opinion, a draw is not good enough.

"It's not a 6 pointer, but it is a must win."

What is your definition of a 6 pointer?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 22
Madeleymariner
January 26, 2024, 9:15am

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.01
Rep Score: +23 / -15
Approval: +3,059
Gold Stars: 50
I would settle for a 5-4 win as I will be there tomorrow, Not sure my nerves would cope though
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 22
January 26, 2024, 9:38am
Guest User
Too much pessimism on here for me.

We're in trouble IF the sides below us start an (unlikely) upsurge in form AND our form is very poor  - which assumes the players
DA brings in this window don't strengthen our team.

I have too much faith in the ExtraSpecialOne to accept the latter. (viz Harry Wood)

We only need to sort out our defensive frailties and we'll be one of the better sides in this league...and our manager knows that.
Reply: 17 - 22
Mappers
January 26, 2024, 9:44am
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 5.44
Rep Score: +8 / -3
Approval: +4,324
Gold Stars: 118
How are ticket sales looking for this 1?
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 22
Madeleymariner
January 26, 2024, 2:16pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.01
Rep Score: +23 / -15
Approval: +3,059
Gold Stars: 50
Dont know what the panic is about we're only 15 points from the playoffs
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 19 - 22
3 Pages Prev 1 2 3 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards The New Fishy › Tranmere Saturday

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.