26 Pages Prev ... 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 Next All Recommend Thread
Maringer
January 13, 2024, 6:20pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.87
Rep Score: +60 / -12
Approval: +16,556
Gold Stars: 185
I remain very unimpressed with Glennon's set pieces, it must be said. I know we're not the biggest team, but they were smaller and we didn't really the threaten from any of them.

I suspect Wood will be the one who takes them on when he gets into the team.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 240 - 259
LocalLadGTFC
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.37
Rep Score: +9 / -2
Approval: +4,228
Gold Stars: 137
Quoted from louth_in_the_south

So what is our identity? Beat a Shi.te Salford team and get battered 6-1 at home then draw 5-5 at home . I’d say our identity is there for the taking as we’re all ova the place . Great identity 👍👍

Build from the back, free flowing attacking football. Artell has been here 5 weeks and we can carve teams open and create chances for fun. We used to bemoan the lack of entertainment and that we couldn't create chances, now we can. It's now Artells job to fix the other end. Like you said, Salford are shite and we beat them 3-0, FGR and Sutton are even worse. We won't go down. This season is about implementing a philosophy and a style at the club for him to work on. He's signed his first 3 players yesterday, one of them stuck a worldie in the top corner to rescue us a point today. We've had two different styles this season and the defence has been useless playing both... If they can't adapt, they'll be out the door either this month or the summer and he'll have replacements in. Judge him in 12 months, not after 5 weeks, which btw there's been a lot more positive than negative.
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 241 - 259
Nelly GTFC
'Usually Positive'
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.84
Rep Score: +26 / -5
Approval: +2,753
Gold Stars: 31
Quoted from barralad
Their winger Jones who made four of the goals is the top assist getter in League 2. I haven't seen consistent crossing of that standsrd in years. We didn't defend well but credit where it's due.
I remember him being quality when Coventry beat us 0–2 quite a few years ago when they were in League Two.

Performance / Top Scorers / Assists / Discipline - Grimsby Town Statistics >> https://www.espn.co.uk/football/team/squad/_/id/386/eng.grimsby
Form Over Last 10 Games - Grimsby Town >> https://www.footballwebpages.co.uk/grimsby-town/form-guide/ten
Player Contracts - Grimsby Town >> http://codalmighty.com/site/ca.php?article=4202
Links on football clubs inc Grimsby Town >> https://footballclubforums.com/
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 242 - 259
RonMariner
January 13, 2024, 6:22pm

Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.42
Rep Score: +42 / -7
Approval: +13,723
Gold Stars: 226
Salford beat Crawley away. Not a good sign.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 243 - 259
GtfcGarner
January 13, 2024, 6:28pm

Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.43
Rep Score: +30 / -14
Approval: +1,786
Gold Stars: 26
Quoted from Nelly GTFC
I remember him being quality when Coventry beat us 0–2 quite a few years ago when they were in League Two.

Yeah remember that game I think it was the game where Nathan Clarke went to go pass it back to McKeown and hilariously under-hit it and their striker (McNulty I think) tapped it past him.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 244 - 259
January 13, 2024, 7:26pm
Guest User

We’re all over the place  . Win lose draw concede ridiculous amounts of goals . Sorry, I’m really not convinced that what he’s trying to get across is working. * He’ll rub his head and pull funny faces in his post match I guarantee that *

So the fact that we play good football and score lots of goals doesn't please you?  DA is doing his best and has improved the football at BP no end.  Unfortunately he has inherited a defence that he didn't buy who are constantly leaking goals.

Reply: 245 - 259
Tommy
January 13, 2024, 8:27pm
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.21
Rep Score: +60 / -15
Approval: +8,865
Gold Stars: 76

We’re all over the place  . Win lose draw concede ridiculous amounts of goals . Sorry, I’m really not convinced that what he’s trying to get across is working. * He’ll rub his head and pull funny faces in his post match I guarantee that *

These comments you've made a few times about him rubbing his head during interviews is really coming across quite weird.

So what if he rubs his head while he's being filmed doing an interview? Seems a bit of an unnecessary personal jibe.

"The greatest mistake you can make in life is to continually be afraid you will make one."
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 246 - 259
StacyColdicotts_hairline
January 13, 2024, 8:42pm
Shandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.59
Approval: +203
Gold Stars: 1
Who cares if Artell is not 100% confident infront of the camera and has some nervous mannerisms,  I couldn't care less. I just want him to succeed.

What I am more concerned with; can DA continue to play expansive attacking football as well as making us more formidable at the back ? - and if he can't? -  Is he willing to compromise ??

I was very entertained today. We played some great stuff, as did notts. 2 good football teams that are woeful at the back.

Very pleased for wood.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 247 - 259
ginnywings
January 13, 2024, 9:01pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.03
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,146
Gold Stars: 548
Who cares if Artell is not 100% confident infront of the camera and has some nervous mannerisms,  I couldn't care less. I just want him to succeed.

What I am more concerned with; can DA continue to play expansive attacking football as well as making us more formidable at the back ? - and if he can't? -  Is he willing to compromise ??

I was very entertained today. We played some great stuff, as did notts. 2 good football teams that are woeful at the back.

Very pleased for wood.

So am I at my age.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 248 - 259
Lincoln Mariner 56
January 13, 2024, 9:56pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.61
Rep Score: +23 / -4
Approval: +7,696
Gold Stars: 79
Quoted from GTFCNiles
Unbelievable game of football, could have gone either way.

Are you not entertained?

A point against a team in the play offs is certainly something to be happy about in our current predicament.

Well there were four of us walking away from the ground and everyone of us were just thrilled to have been lucky endotoxins have witnessed one of the most enjoyable games of football at BP for many a year. Straight from the game me and the lad went to watch “ All town are we” and the parallels with the Wrexham game were quickly very apparent and whilst we should have won sometimes football is to be enjoyed and today was one of those days with the referee excellent in allowing the game to flow.

I accept defensively we again had problems but let’s not forget that in Jones, McGoldrick and Bostwick they have three of the most gifted footballers playing in L2 this season. Jones was excellent in the game at County and the same today a bloody nightmare and the quality of his crosses were just those of a player from a higher level. We must strengthen our defence, thought Efete should have definitely come on after their third, but if we attack like that and just add a bit more quality to our crossing and finishing we will be winning sufficient games to get away from the relegation zone.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 249 - 259
26 Pages Prev ... 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards The New Fishy › Match Thread Notts Cty H

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.