Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards The New Fishy › Match Thread Notts Cty H
Moderators: Moderator
Users Browsing Forum

Match Thread Notts Cty H

This thread currently has 20,969 views. Print
26 Pages Prev ... 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 Next All Recommend Thread
tashee69
January 13, 2024, 5:25pm

Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.32
Rep Score: +28 / -4
Approval: +958
Gold Stars: 23
I think that game summed up what it’s like to be a town fan 🤣🤣

Baldrick ! The only impression you can do is that of a man with no talent !!
GTFC team 09/10 - Baldrick, Baldrick, Baldrick, Baldrick, Baldrick, Baldrick, Baldrick, Baldrick, Baldrick, Baldrick, Baldrick.
Private Message
Reply: 230 - 259
louth_in_the_south
January 13, 2024, 5:28pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 0.69
Rep Score: +25 / -12
Approval: +5,692
Gold Stars: 96
Quoted from BenBB

Dealing with the dross Paul Hurst has left. Brought in 3 new players, one who scores on his first touch. What more can he do?

We’re all over the place  . Win lose draw concede ridiculous amounts of goals . Sorry, I’m really not convinced that what he’s trying to get across is working. * He’ll rub his head and pull funny faces in his post match I guarantee that *

Lower F5
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 231 - 259
barralad
January 13, 2024, 5:32pm
Mariners Trust
Posts Per Day: 2.32
Rep Score: +85 / -22
Approval: +9,290
Gold Stars: 126
Their winger Jones who made four of the goals is the top assist getter in League 2. I haven't seen consistent crossing of that standsrd in years. We didn't defend well but credit where it's due.

The aim of argument or discussion should not be victory but progress.

Joseph Joubert.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 232 - 259
LocalLadGTFC
January 13, 2024, 5:33pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.37
Rep Score: +9 / -2
Approval: +4,222
Gold Stars: 137
Quoted from louth_in_the_south

We’re all over the place  . Win lose draw concede ridiculous amounts of goals . Sorry, I’m really not convinced that what he’s trying to get across is working. * He’ll rub his head and pull funny faces in his post match I guarantee that *

We got our first away win of the season and got a clean sheet in doing, we actually have an identity about us in the way we want to play. It's far from perfect right now but he's been in charge 5 weeks with a squad he didn't build. The defense is a huge issue but to say you can't see it working when we're much more fluid going forward and the way we break teams down is a bit naive.
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 233 - 259
louth_in_the_south
January 13, 2024, 5:46pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 0.69
Rep Score: +25 / -12
Approval: +5,692
Gold Stars: 96
Quoted from LocalLadGTFC

We got our first away win of the season and got a clean sheet in doing, we actually have an identity about us in the way we want to play. It's far from perfect right now but he's been in charge 5 weeks with a squad he didn't build. The defense is a huge issue but to say you can't see it working when we're much more fluid going forward and the way we break teams down is a bit naive.

So what is our identity? Beat a Shi.te Salford team and get battered 6-1 at home then draw 5-5 at home . I’d say our identity is there for the taking as we’re all ova the place . Great identity 👍👍

Lower F5
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 234 - 259
GrimRob
January 13, 2024, 5:54pm

Posts Per Day: 2.12
Rep Score: +76 / -34
Approval: +13,413
Gold Stars: 113
Notts County had 19 shots. Walsall had 18 last game. We had 22 though today!

'Tis better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all.  
~ Alfred Lord Tennyson

Logged Offline
Site Private Message Skype
Reply: 235 - 259
Maringer
January 13, 2024, 5:57pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.87
Rep Score: +60 / -12
Approval: +16,542
Gold Stars: 185
Quoted from barralad
Their winger Jones who made four of the goals is the top assist getter in League 2. I haven't seen consistent crossing of that standsrd in years. We didn't defend well but credit where it's due.

One of those players who didn't really do much in the game - apart from curl some lovely crosses into our box. Some very poor defending from those crosses and the usually reliable Cartwright made a complete balls up of one of them as well.

At the other end, in similar or even better positions, we kept hitting the defender or putting it too close to the keeper. The match stats are a bit misleading because they don't show just how many gilt-edged chances we fluffed, scuffing a shot or a cross instead of just rolling it to an unmarked player for an easy chance.

I bet Artell is really frustrated not to win that one.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 236 - 259
MarinerRob
January 13, 2024, 6:00pm
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.14
Rep Score: +4 / 0
Approval: +1,432
Gold Stars: 107
I am even more peeved that I was last night.

I was really looking forward to the game today against Notts County - a 'proper' game unlike Sutton, Crawley etc.

However when I went to book a train ticket last night I found there are no trains from Kings Cross to Peterborough.

I thought I could drive to Peterborough (over two hours) and get a train from there. But then found part of the journey to Doncaster would be on a bus to Granthan - grrr! I do not fancy driving all the way to Cleethorpes or Doncaster so I was at home.

With the game finishing so late I would have been in two minds whether to miss the 5.24 train back to Surrey or watch the last 10 minutes. If I had missed the train I would not have been home until 22.30. As I was not able to get there I did not have to make that decision.

What a game to miss.

Looking forward to the Tranmere game, LNER and TransPennine Express permitting
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 237 - 259
Numanoid
January 13, 2024, 6:02pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.62
Rep Score: +4 / -2
Approval: +152
Gold Stars: 14
I think we need a more experienced keeper, Cartwright is decent but I don't think it's fair to the lad to have as much pressure on him at his age
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 238 - 259
barralad
January 13, 2024, 6:08pm
Mariners Trust
Posts Per Day: 2.32
Rep Score: +85 / -22
Approval: +9,290
Gold Stars: 126
Quoted from Maringer

One of those players who didn't really do much in the game - apart from curl some lovely crosses into our box. Some very poor defending from those crosses and the usually reliable Cartwright made a complete balls up of one of them as well.

At the other end, in similar or even better positions, we kept hitting the defender or putting it too close to the keeper. The match stats are a bit misleading because they don't show just how many gilt-edged chances we fluffed, scuffing a shot or a cross instead of just rolling it to an unmarked player for an easy chance.

I bet Artell is really frustrated not to win that one.

We said the same about our crossing...particularly Mullarkey who did some good stuff to get in position to cross but then it petered out.
Eisa could have had four or five BUT at least we are creating the chances.

The aim of argument or discussion should not be victory but progress.

Joseph Joubert.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 239 - 259
26 Pages Prev ... 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards The New Fishy › Match Thread Notts Cty H

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.