5 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 All Recommend Thread
dapperz fun pub
January 6, 2024, 2:39am
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.59
Rep Score: +37 / -6
Approval: +9,936
Gold Stars: 82
Didn’t they sell all his best players though ?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 40 - 48
Northbank Mariner
January 6, 2024, 9:34am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.75
Rep Score: +9 / -9
Approval: +7,451
Gold Stars: 171
Quoted from arryarryarry

Just to mention that Artell was sacked after getting Crewe relegated.

That proves my point doesn't it?..sacked for failing...
Doesn't mean he hadn't had success, and won't be successful here though.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 41 - 48
HertsGTFC
January 6, 2024, 9:49am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.26
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +22,934
Gold Stars: 228
Quoted from Mappers
They seem to be similiar to Hurst in that they operate better with so called underdog clubs - Braintree and Lincoln at the time were backs to the wall jobs were they worked wonders but not so well at the clubs with higher expectations and where a more fluid exponent of football is expected . You could argue Colchester is closer to the former 2 rather than latter so might suit them but Golly's view that they are some sort of lower league oracles isn't my view but each to their own i guess .

They seem to like to work with senior players , one's that they know a lot of the time but Colchester are quite big on bringing academy players through so it will be interesting to see if they change in that regard .

I recall he had a bit of Clive Nate’s investment cash to play with when he took over at Lincoln.

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 42 - 48
AdamHaddock
January 6, 2024, 12:37pm

Main Stander
Posts Per Day: 1.26
Rep Score: +36 / -5
Approval: +2,839
Gold Stars: 26
They're definitely going in next season's promotion acca

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 43 - 48
Mappers
January 6, 2024, 2:25pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 5.43
Rep Score: +8 / -3
Approval: +4,321
Gold Stars: 118
Quoted from HertsGTFC

I recall he had a bit of Clive Nate’s investment cash to play with when he took over at Lincoln.

Ballsy move to take them on when they were a below average conference team getting 2.5k tbf then .
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 44 - 48
HertsGTFC
January 6, 2024, 2:36pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from Mappers

Ballsy move to take them on when they were a below average conference team getting 2.5k tbf then .

Was it?

Left Braintree to move to a club that had (and realised) the potential to get back in the EFL quickly and progress further, under a new owner who does things for the right reason & had guaranteed funding on and off the pitch.

I’m sure it wasn’t too much of a big decision, what’s en experienced PE Trachers salary £35k perhaps?

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 45 - 48
Mappers
January 6, 2024, 2:38pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 5.43
Rep Score: +8 / -3
Approval: +4,321
Gold Stars: 118
Quoted from HertsGTFC

Was it?

Left Braintree to move to a club that had (and realised) the potential to get back in the EFL quickly and progress further, under a new owner who does things for the right reason & had guaranteed funding on and off the pitch.

I’m sure it wasn’t too much of a big decision, what’s en experienced PE Trachers salary £35k perhaps?

Sorry Herts i meant by Nates , he must have seen the potentiak in them to be better

Was certainly a good move for the Cowleys like you say .

Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 46 - 48
HertsGTFC
January 6, 2024, 2:48pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from Mappers

Sorry Herts i meant by Nates , he must have seen the potentiak in them to be better

Was certainly a good move for the Cowleys like you say .

100% agree with that.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 47 - 48
RonMariner
January 6, 2024, 6:08pm

Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.42
Rep Score: +42 / -7
Approval: +13,697
Gold Stars: 226
Ask Lincoln supporters if they think he is a good manager.  He took them from mid table National league to L1 with three trophies in the cabinet on the way. He got Braintree into the playoffs but they sank like a stone when he left.

I think he will pull Colchester clear of the drop zone.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 48 - 48
5 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards The New Fishy › New Colchester Manager/s

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.