Northbank Mariner
January 4, 2024, 4:54pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.75
Rep Score: +9 / -9
Approval: +7,489
Gold Stars: 171
Quoted from RonMariner
We currently sit 20th. Of the four teams below us two have very wealthy owners who could easily but their way out of trouble, and now one have a manager who has won the L2 championship previously.

I think our task was just made a little harder.

You do realise we also have a manager who got a team automatically promoted from league 2 also?, plus we are 6 weeks further down the line than Colchester, personally I think we'll be fine, at least with us it aint gonna be kick n hoof as in the Cowleys style.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 20 - 48
RonMariner
January 4, 2024, 4:56pm

Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.42
Rep Score: +42 / -7
Approval: +13,725
Gold Stars: 226
Quoted from Northbank Mariner

You do realise we also have a manager who got a team automatically promoted from league 2 also?, plus we are 6 weeks further down the line than Colchester, personally I think we'll be fine, at least with us it aint gonna be kick n hoof as in the Cowleys style.

I do indeed. But that doesn't change my opinion that our task just got a little harder.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 21 - 48
LH
January 4, 2024, 5:27pm

Posts Per Day: 1.92
Rep Score: +30 / -13
Approval: +18,532
Gold Stars: 173
When you’re at the bottom of the table and kick and hoof gets results who cares what it looks like? Whatever works IMO!
Private Message
Reply: 22 - 48
HerveJosse
January 4, 2024, 5:30pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.89
Rep Score: +6 / -3
Approval: +1,206
Gold Stars: 144
I find it strange that the majority view appears to be  that for us it’s not possible to sign good players in the January window because they are not available but when it comes to other clubs eg FGR, Salford the view changes to they will be.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 23 - 48
pizzzza
January 4, 2024, 6:11pm

Pontoonite
Posts Per Day: 1.06
Rep Score: +20 / -10
Approval: +6,701
Gold Stars: 137
Quoted from HerveJosse
I find it strange that the majority view appears to be  that for us it’s not possible to sign good players in the January window because they are not available but when it comes to other clubs eg FGR, Salford the view changes to they will be.

Welcome to The Fishy
Private Message
Reply: 24 - 48
GibMariner
January 4, 2024, 6:22pm
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.31
Rep Score: +1 / -4
Approval: -953
Gold Stars: 21
Quoted from RonMariner
We currently sit 20th. Of the four teams below us two have very wealthy owners who could easily but their way out of trouble, and now one have a manager who has won the L2 championship previously.

I think our task was just made a little harder.

We have wealthy owners to  
Private Message
Reply: 25 - 48
GibMariner
January 4, 2024, 6:23pm
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.31
Rep Score: +1 / -4
Approval: -953
Gold Stars: 21
Quoted from HerveJosse

Money talks
Private Message
Reply: 26 - 48
RonMariner
January 4, 2024, 6:31pm

Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.42
Rep Score: +42 / -7
Approval: +13,725
Gold Stars: 226
Quoted from GibMariner

Money talks

Exactly. I suspect FGR and Salford are more likely to splash the cash than us.

The question will be who spends their cash more wisely.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 27 - 48
chaos33
January 4, 2024, 6:49pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.58
Rep Score: +66 / -33
Approval: +17,937
Gold Stars: 360
Sometimes I wonder how some people reach the level of conviction and certainty in their opinions based on little bits of information and such short periods of time.
Who knows whether the Cowleys at Colchester will work and who is credibly going to claim that ‘this team are in trouble’ or ‘’this team will be safe’. There are two relegation spots and probably 6-8 teams who might contest the battle to elude the worst kind of demotion in the remaining 20 odd games. I think it’s appalling that we’re in this mess, yet again, but it is what it is. Can’t really assess our chances of survival and progress until we have some more players and a few more games have passed. What worries me,  as I’ve said elsewhere, is that, with the players we have, I think we’ll lose our next three games, or, at least, I don’t see us winning any of them. I want to be wrong and surprised.

"You should do what you love while you can"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 28 - 48
ancientmariner54
January 4, 2024, 6:53pm
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.09
Rep Score: +3 / 0
Approval: -186
Gold Stars: 13
Quoted from Poojah
I’d be over the moon with that if I were a Colchester fan.

Your easily pleased..
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 29 - 48
5 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards The New Fishy › New Colchester Manager/s

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.