Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards The New Fishy › Spalding Tuesday night.
Moderators: Moderator
Users Browsing Forum

Spalding Tuesday night.

This thread currently has 10,245 views. Print
8 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next All Recommend Thread
December 20, 2023, 9:00am
Guest User
I don't care about the Lincs Cup at all, but the ExtraSpecialOne will have seen and learned a bit more about his "inheritance".

UTM
Reply: 50 - 70
Croxton
December 20, 2023, 9:07am
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.75
Rep Score: +14 / -4
Approval: +3,014
Gold Stars: 33
Just read the Match Report.  Goodness knows why the OS describes that selection as a 'strong Mariners team'.
It was a team of bench warmers and young hopefuls who will never have started a match together before.

We were playing days before a busy Xmas/ New Year, on a non league pitch with no away following and trying not to get in the way of agricultural defenders.

Judging by the report, Khouri, as ever, gave it everything and was targeted by their players. If he is injured again it speaks to the nonsense of these risky ventures.

That said, two of their goals came from crosses poorly dealt with apparently. The game will have offered useful defensive coaching points and a chance for Artell to make some difficult decisions pre window.

Looking forward to some highlights.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 51 - 70
Wyberway
December 20, 2023, 9:58am
Coke Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.04
Approval: +43
Was at the game and would have to say that we looked miles better when all the kids came on with 15 minutes to go. If the game had been 5 minutes longer, we would have won.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 52 - 70
Garth
December 20, 2023, 10:12am

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.92
Rep Score: +55 / -13
Approval: +4,921
Gold Stars: 26
Doesn't matter who you are playing and to what standard, professionalism
means that you do your best to win.
Failing that your in the wrong profession
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 53 - 70
Chrisblor
December 20, 2023, 10:42am

Elemér Berkessy
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.22
Rep Score: +51 / -20
Approval: +8,856
Gold Stars: 235
All the usual sharks in for a feeding frenzy.

Nobody is actually performing a 'feeding frenzy' though and I don't understand why so often there's such a rush by some to mischaracterise discussion of results and performances on a message board set up to discuss results and performances in this manner. Pretty much every reaction i've seen has been very level headed and essentially just said this was an opportunity for the players on the fringes of the first team to stake a claim for a more prominent role in the squad against a much lower ranked opponent, which many of them have disappointingly squandered (although from the sounds of things some of the younger players performed well, which is obviously encouraging). Nobody from what i've seen is particularly arsed about being knocked out of the Lincolnshire Senior Cup.

gary jones
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 54 - 70
Son of Cod
December 20, 2023, 11:20am
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.93
Rep Score: +8 / 0
Approval: +5,328
Gold Stars: 196
People are overreacting. Has about as much significance as a pre-season friendly and was surely just an exercise in getting some minutes into the legs of players on the fringe.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 55 - 70
MuddyWaters
December 20, 2023, 12:09pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,256
Gold Stars: 236
Quoted from Son of Cod
People are overreacting. Has about as much significance as a pre-season friendly and was surely just an exercise in getting some minutes into the legs of players on the fringe.

Every thing I've heard from DA would suggest he picked a team that would win that game last night. The likes of Waterfall, Khan, Green, Amos and Ainley had a chance to stake a claim and didn't take it. I'm certainly not arsed about the Lincs Cup - I described it as meaningless above.
Private Message
Reply: 56 - 70
LocalLadGTFC
December 20, 2023, 12:12pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.37
Rep Score: +9 / -2
Approval: +4,222
Gold Stars: 137
Quoted from Son of Cod

Except it doesn't, new manager in place and very little opportunity for these players to play there way into the team. Won't play against an opposition of that level again all season and these players should of been playing to try and get into the team. At least that'd be my attitude if I was selected, i'd be covering every blade of grass to try and get my way back into the team. It's not harsh to say that certain players aren't up to the standard we're wanting anymore. Amos is a good NL full back but even then he wasn't exactly setting the world alight, only got an extension due to a clause in his contract I may add and Waterfall is just too old now. Efete had a good game and showed Artell what he can offer to him after falling himself out the team. Gav at Newport showed the attitude required to get yourself back into the team. Show a bit of desire to do something and change a game... Certain players just aren't good enough anymore or don't have the attitude required to be here under DA.
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 57 - 70
Lincoln Mariner 56
December 20, 2023, 12:16pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.61
Rep Score: +23 / -4
Approval: +7,697
Gold Stars: 79
Highlights of the game are on You Tube, uploading skills beyond my comfort zone. To be fair all the goals and penalty looked scrappy affairs but not the best camera work to judge.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 58 - 70
ska face
December 20, 2023, 12:33pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.21
Rep Score: +60 / -14
Approval: +21,662
Gold Stars: 847
Production values infinitely better than the “extended highlights” offered up by the EFL -

Private Message
Reply: 59 - 70
8 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards The New Fishy › Spalding Tuesday night.

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.