5 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 Next All Recommend Thread
ska face
December 15, 2023, 3:06pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.21
Rep Score: +60 / -14
Approval: +21,662
Gold Stars: 847
What’s it getting painted in, gold leaf?
Private Message
Reply: 30 - 45
December 15, 2023, 3:51pm
Guest User
The paints a fiver.
The labour to do it along with the scaffolding is a different matter.
Reply: 31 - 45
LH
December 15, 2023, 4:32pm

Posts Per Day: 1.92
Rep Score: +30 / -13
Approval: +18,526
Gold Stars: 173
If the roof needs painting on the Upper get some of it replaces with something clear so that the flank on that side gets some more sunlight (ala Newcastle’s SJP). It’s always the first bit to deteriorate in Autumn. Or better still get rid of the roof entirely - that’ll put some hairs on ya chest.
Private Message
Reply: 32 - 45
Croxton
December 15, 2023, 8:27pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.75
Rep Score: +14 / -4
Approval: +3,014
Gold Stars: 33
Quoted from ska face
What’s it getting painted in, gold leaf?

Bet it's the same fire retardant paint I had to use on the steels in my son's new kitchen. Still got the degreaser, wire brushes etc. plus an electric paint sprayer I'm currently using on his masonry.

Scaffolding will cost plenty but I reckon I would be O.K. on ladders from my seat on Row G!  Elf n' Safety would rule me out due to my age though and travel/ accommodation costs wouldn't be cheap.

The days of the willing amateur are sadly behind us.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 33 - 45
toontown
December 15, 2023, 9:01pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.57
Rep Score: +13 / 0
Approval: +6,279
Gold Stars: 70
Quoted from 141269

The painting job on steel that was referred to is the upper.  I eluded to it on another post.  It's about £750k.

Jeeeeezus!!
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 34 - 45
Heisenberg
December 15, 2023, 9:19pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.80
Rep Score: +9 / -1
Approval: +5,056
Gold Stars: 93
Quoted from 141269

The painting job on steel that was referred to is the upper.  I eluded to it on another post.  It's about £750k.

Knock the bloody thing down and save the money for when we can actually afford to move ground. I’m saying that even though my season ticket is up there!!

750k - might as well just burn the cash in the centre circle at half time next home game.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 35 - 45
Knut Anders Fosters Voles
December 15, 2023, 9:40pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.86
Rep Score: +24 / -1
Approval: +8,828
Gold Stars: 555
Quoted from Croxton

The days of the willing amateur are sadly behind us.

Au contraire Croxton

Lukeo can point you towards some stuff that will make your eyes (and other organs) water
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 36 - 45
RichMariner
December 15, 2023, 10:09pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.50
Rep Score: +42 / -4
Approval: +9,135
Gold Stars: 209
Quoted from rancido

Surely if the role is occupied by a male then it's a Chairman. If it was occupied by a female then it would be Chairwoman?

This was once correct but like policeman and policewoman it's now police officer because it shouldn't matter which sex the person is; they have the same right and the same skillset to do the job. Same goes for firefighter.

Chair is gender neutral. Shouldn't matter if it's a man or a woman. Women who act have been called actors for years, because that's what they are. It was never an exclusively male term. People invented a word like actress to make a point of difference, but at the end of the day they're acting, therefore they're actors.

"Don't shine that light in my face, mate - I've just lost a pint of blood."
Logged Offline
Site Private Message
Reply: 37 - 45
moosey_club
December 16, 2023, 1:53am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.71
Rep Score: +69 / -22
Approval: +20,261
Gold Stars: 226
Quoted from diehardmariner
Halfway through and enjoying it.

Think we might need to start a crowdfunder to get Stockwood a decent internet connection though, bloke consistently sounds like he lives in a glass of water.

But......is that glass half full or half empty..eh eh ?

2023/24 DLWDDWDLLLWDLLLLWDDDWDLLWLDLLDWDDWLLDWLWLWL but not NLN 😁
2022/23LDWDWWDWLLDWWDLLLDLWLLWLWLLWDDLDWWDDDLLWDWLWLW
2021/22 WDWWWWDLWWWWLLLWLLDLWLLWWDWWWLWDLWWDWWWDLWD play offs WWW Promoted 🥳
2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
2019/20  WDLDWWLDLWWLLLDLDLDLDDWWDLLWDDWWL WLLW - ended
2018/19  LWDDLLLLLLWWDWLLLWDWLWWWWLLLLWWWWDLLLDDLLDLWLW Hello Scunny  
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 38 - 45
rancido
December 16, 2023, 7:12am

Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.26
Rep Score: +41 / -10
Approval: +6,571
Gold Stars: 96
Quoted from RichMariner

This was once correct but like policeman and policewoman it's now police officer because it shouldn't matter which sex the person is; they have the same right and the same skillset to do the job. Same goes for firefighter.

Chair is gender neutral. Shouldn't matter if it's a man or a woman. Women who act have been called actors for years, because that's what they are. It was never an exclusively male term. People invented a word like actress to make a point of difference, but at the end of the day they're acting, therefore they're actors.

I get what you are saying but surely  why then differentiate between sexes at all? We are all people with the same skill sets.  I just can't see what difference it makes as long as the description suits the gender of the person doing the role.

The Future is Black & White.
"The commonest thing on this planet is not water , as some people believe, but stupidity ". Frank Zappa
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 39 - 45
5 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards The New Fishy › Jason, Andrew and Debbie - DN35

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.