December 14, 2023, 9:13pm

Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.26
Rep Score: +41 / -10
Approval: +6,572
Gold Stars: 96
Quoted from pizzzza

Please, this is 2023. It's "Chair".

Surely if the role is occupied by a male then it's a Chairman. If it was occupied by a female then it would be Chairwoman?

The Future is Black & White.
"The commonest thing on this planet is not water , as some people believe, but stupidity ". Frank Zappa
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 45
Fenners
December 14, 2023, 9:22pm
Coke Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.01
Rep Score: +3 / 0
Approval: +134
Gold Stars: 20
Quoted from BenBB
Concerning about Jason saying that himself and Andrew are going to discuss if they're going to stay about in the new year...

Just to confirm the question was asked around his initial three year period as chair. Not about them at the club. 👍
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 45
lew chaterleys lover
December 14, 2023, 9:40pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.07
Rep Score: +30 / -10
Approval: +10,725
Gold Stars: 237
Quoted from Fenners

Just to confirm the question was asked around his initial three year period as chair. Not about them at the club. 👍

That is good to hear, but what is the rationale behind any decision to change chairman?

Is it for us to hear a different voice, or to take the current incumbent out of the firing line (in the nicest sense) or is it to give someone else the experience of being chairman? Is it common business practice even though the overall aims remain the same?

I obviously should have sent these questions in but I didn't realise it might be imminent.
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 45
Mikey_345
December 14, 2023, 9:45pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.31
Rep Score: +11 / -1
Approval: +5,383
Gold Stars: 106

That is good to hear, but what is the rationale behind any decision to change chairman?

Is it for us to hear a different voice, or to take the current incumbent out of the firing line (in the nicest sense) or is it to give someone else the experience of being chairman? Is it common business practice even though the overall aims remain the same?

I obviously should have sent these questions in but I didn't realise it might be imminent.

From what they’ve said I think it’s was always for an attempt to share responsibility out and have different voices to challenge.It’s evident the work load is quite big and does take its toll running a club. Seems like Jason and Andrew both do their fair share and the ‘chair’ title might not make much difference to that.

I’d imagine they might look at it once a CEO is in place.

All Town aren’t we

@GTFCLondon

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 45
Mappers
December 14, 2023, 10:08pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 5.43
Rep Score: +8 / -3
Approval: +4,333
Gold Stars: 118
Any news on the main stand/findus ?

Out tonight so can't listen unfortunately
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 45
StacyColdicotts_hairline
December 14, 2023, 10:14pm
Shandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.59
Approval: +203
Gold Stars: 1
Good listen
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 45
MuddyWaters
December 14, 2023, 10:14pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,257
Gold Stars: 236
Quoted from Mappers
Any news on the main stand/findus ?

Out tonight so can't listen unfortunately

Yup. The Main Stand works will happen next summer with 9 pillars being replaced by 4.

I’d love to think it was important but I’m struggling to see what difference it’ll make. The Main Stand is the ultimate millstone around the club’s neck.
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 45
jamesgtfc
December 14, 2023, 10:19pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.16
Rep Score: +20 / -5
Approval: +12,970
Gold Stars: 190
Quoted from MuddyWaters

Yup. The Main Stand works will happen next summer with 9 pillars being replaced by 4.

I’d love to think it was important but I’m struggling to see what difference it’ll make. The Main Stand is the ultimate millstone around the club’s neck.

Will some of those 4 be placed in the same place as some of the current 9, or may it put some people into a restricted view? I've not listened yet so this may be answered!
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 45
lukeo
December 14, 2023, 10:37pm
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 2.07
Rep Score: +38 / -23
Approval: +2,375
Gold Stars: 148
Regards atmosphere... when we have the larger section of the osmond can we not use 1 of the blocks as a 'singing section' get a drummer and allow people to move their seats into the section If they want to get involved
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 45
ska face
December 14, 2023, 10:39pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.21
Rep Score: +60 / -14
Approval: +21,662
Gold Stars: 847

Not seen the interview tonight but imagine they’re referring to one I submitted. Was interested to see what Stockwood had planned as he’d mentioned in a separate interview (below) that he does have his finger in plenty of pies and that he had planned to commit 100% to the club for 3 years (as per what was announced when they took over). Just personally think he has been good for the club, our image & progression in those 3 years.

Private Message
Reply: 19 - 45
5 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards The New Fishy › Jason, Andrew and Debbie - DN35

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.