Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards The New Fishy › Just back (on train)
Moderators: Moderator
Users Browsing Forum

Just back (on train)

This thread currently has 7,532 views. Print
5 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 Next All Recommend Thread
forza ivano
December 3, 2023, 12:30pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 2.46
Rep Score: +72 / -20
Approval: +15,208
Gold Stars: 265
Quoted from MuddyWaters

So, do you have Hunt in your team?

Hurst’s last game at Donny, 5 goal attempts, 1 on target. MK, 19 attempts, League 1 Oxford, 13 attempts.

We were creating nothing in the games leading up to Hurst going, we now just need to take some chances, big difference in just a week.

you managed to miss out highlighting the final part of the sentence, so here you are

just hope Artell can find the right spot/system for him, coz he's the only player we've got (Ainley aside) who has got the creativity we need.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 20 - 44
Abdul19
December 3, 2023, 12:38pm

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 3.41
Rep Score: +71 / -26
Approval: +17,566
Gold Stars: 216
Quoted from Chrisblor

Surprised Conteh didn't foul their lad on the first, although he must be getting close to 10 and a 2 match ban so possibly why he didn't? Awful corner in the first place.

Looked like some nice stuff played by us.

Great Pacman advert.

JESUS AT THE CENTRE
Private Message
Reply: 21 - 44
MuddyWaters
December 3, 2023, 12:45pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,264
Gold Stars: 236
Quoted from forza ivano

you managed to miss out highlighting the final part of the sentence, so here you are

just hope Artell can find the right spot/system for him, coz he's the only player we've got (Ainley aside) who has got the creativity we need.

You play him in what is apparently known as the number 10 role, ie the most attacking of the midfield.
Private Message
Reply: 22 - 44
Poojah
December 3, 2023, 12:50pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.25
Rep Score: +76 / -11
Approval: +29,606
Gold Stars: 1,503
Quoted from Chrisblor
Hunt gave the ball away once all match and immediately won it back before anything dangerous happened. He was absolutely one of town's best players yesterday and his passing and movement is a step above that of any other player we have in the squad. Nearly all of our best pieces of play went through him and he's always looking to either beat a man or play a quick pass or through ball. I don't know why this 'he gives the ball away in dangerous positions' narrative has been allowed to build, because having watched pretty much every town game this season he's no worse than any other town midfielder when it comes to looking after the ball and retaining possession, while also offering far more of an attacking impetus than any of the rest of them.

It's surely no coincidence that Hunt suddenly looks a different player in a side where his team mates are seemingly prepared to move into areas of space. A good pass is not merely about technical execution; the player receiving the ball has a substantial role to play in its ultimate degree of success.

I think there's also the compound effect that being part of a team that is actively playing to his own strengths has seen his confidence come surging back. Long may it continue. In terms of playing style, he's the closest thing I can remember to Wayne Burnett since Wayne Burnett*, and what an enjoyable player he was to watch in his pomp (again, in a team that was all about off the ball movement).

* Curtis Woodhouse may have something to say about this

A smooth sea never made a skillful mariner.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 23 - 44
chaos33
December 3, 2023, 4:09pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.58
Rep Score: +66 / -33
Approval: +17,937
Gold Stars: 360
Conteh has 7 yellows

"You should do what you love while you can"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 24 - 44
MuddyWaters
December 4, 2023, 12:19pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,264
Gold Stars: 236
Post match interview

Tweet 1731013348349682042 will appear here...
Private Message
Reply: 25 - 44
Heisenberg
December 4, 2023, 2:14pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.80
Rep Score: +9 / -1
Approval: +5,074
Gold Stars: 93
Quoted from MuddyWaters
Post match interview

The youth of today don’t really know the word “yes”, as they insist on saying “100%” instead! A pet hate of mine, although I’ll forgive Alex for this abomination.

Give it a few years and “no” will become “zero percent” in the common lexicon, unfortunately. This WILL become a thing, I’m sure of it. 100% sure, in fact.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 26 - 44
Poojah
December 4, 2023, 2:30pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.25
Rep Score: +76 / -11
Approval: +29,606
Gold Stars: 1,503
Quoted from Heisenberg

The youth of today don’t really know the word “yes”, as they insist on saying “100%” instead! A pet hate of mine, although I’ll forgive Alex for this abomination.

Give it a few years and “no” will become “zero percent” in the common lexicon, unfortunately. This WILL become a thing, I’m sure of it. 100% sure, in fact.

You’re right, it’s crept in, but I find its general use in modern parlance is as a strong, enthusiastic affirmative, as in “yes, very much so”.

“John, did you send that report to Bob?”, requires a simple “yes”. Whereas…

“John, are you still coming for that pint after work?, a “100%”, works just fine for me.

Languages evolve, hence why we don’t all speak like this anymore:

At least the most contentious thing about Alex Hunt at the minute is his choice of vocabulary. Suggests he’s doing something right.

A smooth sea never made a skillful mariner.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 27 - 44
arryarryarry
December 4, 2023, 3:32pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.71
Rep Score: +26 / -28
Approval: +10,036
Gold Stars: 116
Quoted from MuddyWaters
Post match interview

I didn't recognise the interviewers voice but he need to get himself a microphone.
Private Message
Reply: 28 - 44
Abdul19
December 4, 2023, 3:35pm

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 3.41
Rep Score: +71 / -26
Approval: +17,566
Gold Stars: 216
Quoted from Heisenberg

Is that better or worse than Harry Kane saying "yeah, no, yeah..."? Undecided, personally.

JESUS AT THE CENTRE
Private Message
Reply: 29 - 44
5 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards The New Fishy › Just back (on train)

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.