Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards The New Fishy › Just back (on train)
Moderators: Moderator
Users Browsing Forum

Just back (on train)

This thread currently has 7,525 views. Print
5 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 Next All Recommend Thread
Lord Gadiform
December 2, 2023, 8:50pm
Shandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.01
Approval: +113
Gold Stars: 5
Always interesting to hear the oppo perspective. Spent the last 3 hours with the barman at my local and four regulars, all Oxford season ticket holders and at the game today. They were shaken first ten minutes. Concerned it felt similar to Cheltenham last week where they lost, except we looked far superior to the Chelts. Totally confused by our league position. I think I’ve sold them Glennon for 275k plus add ons, also given them an option on Cartwright for 975k. Couldn’t agree to terms on Conteh. They thought those three were the standouts. Didn’t mention that Harvey is not ours to sell but seemed like a good deal so I agreed to it.

They liked Last Christmas. Thought it was kind of a twelve days of Christmas thing, starting with the keeper and working forward. Strangely all the names scan. That could be fun.

It's no fish ye're buying: It's men's lives.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 44
WOZOFGRIMSBY
December 2, 2023, 9:03pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.74
Rep Score: +66 / -22
Approval: +8,840
Gold Stars: 178
Quoted from Maringer
In his post-match interview, Artell mentioned something about a red card which should have been, but wasn't given. What happened there?

One of their lads should’ve had a second yellow and was walking a fine line. Even the bbc Oxford commentators said as much and I think he got the hook at half time

Rose is on fire

And your scotch eggs are fu(king vile
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 44
NorthseaMariner
December 2, 2023, 9:06pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.19
Rep Score: +7 / 0
Approval: +1,523
Gold Stars: 11
Rodrigues, pardon the spelling
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 44
headingly_mariner
December 2, 2023, 9:28pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.98
Rep Score: +34 / -21
Approval: +10,374
Gold Stars: 113
We needed to and should've scored at least 1. Played some nice stuff and think we might end up being a really good side.

Love seeing Alex Hunt back in the side.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 44
Chrisblor
December 2, 2023, 11:09pm

Elemér Berkessy
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.22
Rep Score: +51 / -20
Approval: +8,848
Gold Stars: 235

gary jones
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 44
forza ivano
December 3, 2023, 1:01am

Exile
Posts Per Day: 2.46
Rep Score: +72 / -20
Approval: +15,185
Gold Stars: 265
O.P. n barra both gave good summings (is that even a word?) up
Both teams tried to play footie , difference is they've been doing it for several years now, with better players, whilst we've only had 5 days with inferior players.
Harvey made some great saves, but think he knew he should be palming the ball away ,rather than putting to the feet of the attacker for their first goal.
Mullarkey was as bad today as he was good Tuesday. Glennon was good again, imho, and i understand the Oxford commentators were impressed. Conteh did really well ,n Clifton looked like something back to his best.
Hunt , did some good stuff, but when he gives the ball away it always seems to lead to danger. I can sort of see why PH never trusted him; just hope Artell can find the right spot/system for him, coz he's the only player we've got (Ainley aside) who has got the creativity we need.
2nd goal looked like poor marking/defending, allowing Bodin a free header.
be interesting to see what Artell does about our defensive side. Glennon seems to have had a new lease of life, Mullarkey blows hot n cold. Rodgers is classy n reads the game well but is prone to the odd bad mistake. I just wonder whether Maher might be the 1 most under threat - just that he's not 1 thing or the other; not rock solid, nor a real ball player, nor particularly quick
Really good support - the Last Xmas song is an excellent addition to our repertoire.
Artell now has a week to school them, and our 3rd game on the trot against a footballing team. Quite a strange start for him in that respect.  Interesting times
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 44
The Caterham Mariner
December 3, 2023, 7:48am
Exile and Proud..
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.48
Rep Score: +1 / 0
Approval: +88
Gold Stars: 8
871 of us at Oxford...Hhmmm you would have thought there was more of us by volume in the fog!!
BP has its faults but no way would i want to go down that road and have a ground like that like the set from "Frozen"
Eg= Colchester & Oxford.
In the cold light of day on a Sunday morning  cuppa tea in hand looking at " Our Dave:" to push us up away from the relegation zone for the rest of the season.
UTM

An Exile and Proud  !! UTM
Mariners Trust Life Member.
In the words of my Uncle Fred "You can take the man outta of Grimsby BUT  you can't take the Grimsby!  Out the man!"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 44
Maringer
December 3, 2023, 10:21am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.87
Rep Score: +60 / -12
Approval: +16,520
Gold Stars: 185
Conteh certainly looked a bit slow to get going for their first goal, but the winger showed what real pace can give you and that's something we're lacking at the moment. Two chances for Wilson, the first a really poor effort hit straight at the keeper, but the second forced a good save. Just a pity he couldn't do better with the first one.

Time to concentrate on the League...
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 44
MuddyWaters
December 3, 2023, 11:18am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,254
Gold Stars: 236
Quoted from forza ivano
O.P. n barra both gave good summings (is that even a word?) up
Both teams tried to play footie , difference is they've been doing it for several years now, with better players, whilst we've only had 5 days with inferior players.
Harvey made some great saves, but think he knew he should be palming the ball away ,rather than putting to the feet of the attacker for their first goal.
Mullarkey was as bad today as he was good Tuesday. Glennon was good again, imho, and i understand the Oxford commentators were impressed. Conteh did really well ,n Clifton looked like something back to his best.
Hunt , did some good stuff, but when he gives the ball away it always seems to lead to danger. I can sort of see why PH never trusted him; just hope Artell can find the right spot/system for him, coz he's the only player we've got (Ainley aside) who has got the creativity we need.
2nd goal looked like poor marking/defending, allowing Bodin a free header.
be interesting to see what Artell does about our defensive side. Glennon seems to have had a new lease of life, Mullarkey blows hot n cold. Rodgers is classy n reads the game well but is prone to the odd bad mistake. I just wonder whether Maher might be the 1 most under threat - just that he's not 1 thing or the other; not rock solid, nor a real ball player, nor particularly quick
Really good support - the Last Xmas song is an excellent addition to our repertoire.
Artell now has a week to school them, and our 3rd game on the trot against a footballing team. Quite a strange start for him in that respect.  Interesting times

So, do you have Hunt in your team?

Hurst’s last game at Donny, 5 goal attempts, 1 on target. MK, 19 attempts, League 1 Oxford, 13 attempts.

We were creating nothing in the games leading up to Hurst going, we now just need to take some chances, big difference in just a week.
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 44
Chrisblor
December 3, 2023, 11:28am

Elemér Berkessy
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.22
Rep Score: +51 / -20
Approval: +8,848
Gold Stars: 235
Hunt gave the ball away once all match and immediately won it back before anything dangerous happened. He was absolutely one of town's best players yesterday and his passing and movement is a step above that of any other player we have in the squad. Nearly all of our best pieces of play went through him and he's always looking to either beat a man or play a quick pass or through ball. I don't know why this 'he gives the ball away in dangerous positions' narrative has been allowed to build, because having watched pretty much every town game this season he's no worse than any other town midfielder when it comes to looking after the ball and retaining possession, while also offering far more of an attacking impetus than any of the rest of them.

gary jones
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 19 - 44
5 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards The New Fishy › Just back (on train)

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.