Hagrid
November 14, 2023, 9:58pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.80
Rep Score: +49 / -21
Approval: +20,420
Gold Stars: 534
Comfortable in the end but not without some hiccups

Gave ourselves the perfect start, but our customary terrible defending let Slough back into it, I really liked their right winger Ogbonna, Pyke scored just on half time to give us the lead going into the break- His goals to game ratio is very good!

1st 15 mins of second half was all Slough, and only a brilliant Rose header prevented Slough from equalising, we got the 4th from Gnahoua who i thought was very good, and that killed it off and slough tired badly

Hunt came on with Ainley and they both exploited a tired Slough defence to excellent effect.

7 flattered us slightly, and i still worry about our fragile defence but delighted to be through and its 27K? In the bank too.
Logged Online
Private Message
DB
November 14, 2023, 10:04pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 15.51
Rep Score: +13 / -13
Approval: +4,021
Gold Stars: 386
Quoted from Hagrid

Gave ourselves the perfect start, but our customary terrible defending let Slough back into it, I really liked their right winger Ogbonna, Pyke scored just on half time to give us the lead going into the break- His goals to game ratio is very good!

1st 15 mins of second half was all Slough, and only a brilliant Rose header prevented Slough from equalising, we got the 4th from Gnahoua who i thought was very good, and that killed it off and slough tired badly

Hunt came on with Ainley and they both exploited a tired Slough defence to excellent effect.

7 flattered us slightly, and i still worry about our fragile defence but delighted to be through and its 27K? In the bank too.

Our defence is very suspect at the moment. Once it was tight as a ducks bottom but now we ship goals for fun. The dynamic duo need to tighten it up very quickly and the new manager should make it a priority. That said a win is a win and 7 goals makes it a very sweet win.

UTM

You can please some of the forumites some of the time but not all the forumites all of the time
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 42
The Yard Dog
November 14, 2023, 10:17pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.43
Rep Score: +14 / -2
Approval: +3,504
Gold Stars: 74
Quoted from Hagrid

Thought it was £41K
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 42
lukeo
November 14, 2023, 10:20pm
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 2.07
Rep Score: +38 / -23
Approval: +2,372
Gold Stars: 148
3 unbeaten. 10 goals scored 5 conceded in 2 games. Can't complain at 'the stats' as they say albeit against a lower league opposition 1 of then but on the flip side an in form team near the top of our division.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 42
Maringer
November 14, 2023, 10:24pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.87
Rep Score: +60 / -12
Approval: +16,526
Gold Stars: 185
Some of the defending tonight was just dismal. Credit to Slough for trying to get at us, but we didn't half make it easy at times and their goals came from incredibly weak defending and individual errors. The positives were obviously some good attacking at times and some good, calm finishing from various players in the team.

You can't keep conceding two a game and hope to win, so I'm hoping for no sloppy goals given away at the weekend.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 42
Eastendmariner
November 14, 2023, 10:25pm
Mariners Trust Life Member
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 0.16
Rep Score: +8 / -5
Approval: +942
Gold Stars: 22
Well done Town we got there in the end  

Mariner Trust Life Member  

Seen the Mariners win AWAY at 70 league Grounds

Grounds Visited 281[img][/img]

Blundell Park a Training ground for bum ref's
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 42
LH
November 14, 2023, 10:33pm

Posts Per Day: 1.92
Rep Score: +30 / -13
Approval: +18,527
Gold Stars: 173
I accept that the opposition wasn’t of the highest quality but I feel like that (coupled with Saturday) has exorcised some of the dross home performances of recent times. Shocking defending for their two goals and they maybe could have had another in a similar period but we were very good throughtout the rest of tonight. Hopefully the new boss can see that when the players are free to be a bit more expressive we’ve got quite a good squad.
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 42
ginnywings
November 14, 2023, 10:36pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.03
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,143
Gold Stars: 548
Thought we were a bit casual once we went 2 up, and that let a very attacking Slough back in it. They are very good going forward, but wide open at the back and you can see why they concede a lot of goals.

They gave it a right go for 15 minutes at the start of the second half, and were unlucky not to get back in it, but we then went up the other end, and an excellent goal from the impressive Gnahoua saw their heads drop a bit, but they still had a couple of decent chances and one on ones, which Cartwright dealt with very well.

Both sides made a load of subs, and I guess on their part it was to give all their players a bit of the action, but they faded badly and we were carving through them at will towards the end. Their keeper made a good save at the end to stop an eighth going in, but they were dead on their feet by this stage.

10 goals in 2 home games. I'm a bit giddy.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 42
LocalLadGTFC
November 14, 2023, 10:39pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.37
Rep Score: +9 / -2
Approval: +4,219
Gold Stars: 137
More well timed subs from Pearson and Davies to kill the game off. It's one thing they've done very well as a duo, subs have always come on and impacted a game in every single game they've been in charge and that was a major downfall of Hursts. Job done and onto Saturday.
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 8 - 42
1mickylyons
November 14, 2023, 10:41pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.53
Rep Score: +42 / -14
Approval: +9,386
Gold Stars: 56
I echo most of the above but only 3-2 at half time flattered Slough we could easily have been 5-2 up and looked like scoringeverytime we went forward.Credit to them they had a right go and until they tired badly caused us plenty of problems at the back .Proper FA Cup tie and there fans were brilliant better than a lot of league 2 Clubs think they had 180 which is a great effort on a Tuesday night. Two entertaining home matches on the bounce been a long time since I've said that. More please UTM
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 42
5 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards The New Fishy › Just Back

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.