5 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 Next All Recommend Thread
TAGG
November 15, 2023, 11:11am

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.93
Rep Score: +26 / -27
Approval: +2,947
Gold Stars: 126
FFS there are some moaning fornicators on here.
Into the next round
Scored 7 goals
Some great entertainment for £15
What more do you want.

In his three stints as Grimsby Town manager spanning over 10 years the club was never relegated and he also guided them to three promotions.
Only 14 managers have reached 1,000 matches in charge of a Football League team by 1998 and Buckley is one of them.
GOD
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 30 - 42
Northbank Mariner
November 15, 2023, 11:18am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.75
Rep Score: +9 / -9
Approval: +7,497
Gold Stars: 171
Quoted from TAGG
FFS there are some moaning fornicators on here.
Into the next round
Scored 7 goals
Some great entertainment for £15
What more do you want.

According to some, to have put 25 past the tinker, tailor and candlestick makers whilst not conceding 1!!..
They may be part time, but a lot of thos lads have played higher  or gone through academies of league clubs, so they were no mugs.
Gave us a good game for 60 minutes but our depth of squad, and better fitness levels eventually won us that game at a canter, as proved by Ganhoas reaction to his second.
All in all a thoroughly enjoyable game, in fact, I reckon I've just seen the 2 most enjoyable games, back to back at BP, for god knows how many years tbh.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 31 - 42
LH
November 15, 2023, 11:32am

Posts Per Day: 1.92
Rep Score: +30 / -13
Approval: +18,534
Gold Stars: 173
I’ll be honest I’m failing to see how some are saying the scoreline flattered us. We dominated vast periods of the game and if we’d have gone in 5-2 up at halftime it would have been justified. We must have had at least 7 attempts on goal in the first half.
Private Message
Reply: 32 - 42
Chrisblor
November 15, 2023, 12:59pm

Elemér Berkessy
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.22
Rep Score: +51 / -20
Approval: +8,875
Gold Stars: 237
We certainly deserved to win the match and carried a threat while in possession throughout the entire 90 minutes (22 shots, 11 on target, 8 corners), so ultimately the scoreline didn't really flatter us. I think the grumbles are focused around how we let a side two leagues below us have a lot of possession in dangerous areas in and around our box, looked very stretched defensively at times and resorted to a lot of last ditch tackles and goalline clearances (for the first 65-70 minutes of the match). Although that only resulted in 3 shots on target for Slough all game, they still had 6 corners and 9 shots which a more clinical team may have punished us from.

gary jones
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 33 - 42
fishcake63
November 15, 2023, 1:06pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.51
Rep Score: +5 / 0
Approval: +1,225
Gold Stars: 62
22 shots 11 on target i'll take that at home & it's not a dig at paul but we've been too edgy at home for a long time & two swallows certainly dont make a summer but it's like we've took the shackles off
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 34 - 42
grimsby pete
November 15, 2023, 1:16pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.80
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,800
Gold Stars: 222
What would most posters like a really tight defence and win games 1-0 or enjoy lots of goals and win 3-2 or 7-2. ?

Ben and Shaun have had a couple of weeks to get their ideas across to the players.

In another couple they might be able to tighten our defence without effecting our new found scoring record.

Let's just enjoy it while it lasts.

It's too early to say the job is yours but if this way of playing continues for the next month we might be happy with what we have got in-house and continue with the status quo.

Over 36 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             68 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 35 - 42
GrimPol
November 15, 2023, 1:58pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.60
Rep Score: +3 / -7
Approval: -681
Gold Stars: 70
Do other clubs win by a five goal margin and have supporters bitching at each other like teenage girls the next morning?

In one corner there is a group of people who started discussions early on and pointed out the perilous position Grimsby were in and slowly travelling towards dropping  out of the league (Do you still remember that or have you forgotten?)
In the other corner are people who think Usain Bolt had the greatest win of his life when he beat the 10 year olds at the local junior school race.

The point is we should have won anyway. Yes the Cup effect plays a part but only when the opposition plays a weakened team because of stacked league games say. Did we name a weakened team? No
Did we underestimate the opposition? Hardly, most of the named bunch came back chastened from being pushed and getting a last minute draw only 9 days ago!

So if you are happy with this display where we had to clear off the line and had our backs against the wall, from Carpet Fitters, Taxi Drivers, Plumbers 46 places below us, who played last Saturday a hard match, then bully for you. Now if we beat FGR 7-2 next Saturday, I'll be ecstatic.  Perhaps you can comment on what you think the score will be?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 36 - 42
SteffiMariner
November 15, 2023, 4:42pm
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.10
Rep Score: +4 / -2
Approval: +408
Gold Stars: 19
Quoted from GrimPol

So if you are happy with this display where we had to clear off the line and had our backs against the wall, from Carpet Fitters, Taxi Drivers, Plumbers 46 places below us, who played last Saturday a hard match, then bully for you. Now if we beat FGR 7-2 next Saturday, I'll be ecstatic.  Perhaps you can comment on what you think the score will be?

Oxford are 43 places above us, do you think we could beat them?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 37 - 42
moosey_club
November 15, 2023, 6:21pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.71
Rep Score: +69 / -22
Approval: +20,268
Gold Stars: 226
Quoted from Hagrid

Think thats a rather arrogant and unfair point you make on slough.

Their tricky winger with no end product scored, and they had 2 or 3 other chances bar the goal which went just ourselves and one which Rose headed off the line.

Definitely not posted as intentionally arrogant, I thought Slough were a tidy team and had some decent individuals  but they really didn't have an end product, the winger caught the eye but didn't really produce anything.... even just running the ball out of play a couple of times...he scored but that again was down to p!ss poor defending before he got the ball.
Overall i felt their biggest threat was actually our own failures rather than their abilities.

2023/24 DLWDDWDLLLWDLLLLWDDDWDLLWLDLLDWDDWLLDWLWLWL but not NLN 😁
2022/23LDWDWWDWLLDWWDLLLDLWLLWLWLLWDDLDWWDDDLLWDWLWLW
2021/22 WDWWWWDLWWWWLLLWLLDLWLLWWDWWWLWDLWWDWWWDLWD play offs WWW Promoted 🥳
2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
2019/20  WDLDWWLDLWWLLLDLDLDLDDWWDLLWDDWWL WLLW - ended
2018/19  LWDDLLLLLLWWDWLLLWDWLWWWWLLLLWWWWDLLLDDLLDLWLW Hello Scunny  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 38 - 42
GrimPol
November 15, 2023, 7:00pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.60
Rep Score: +3 / -7
Approval: -681
Gold Stars: 70
Quoted from SteffiMariner

Oxford are 43 places above us, do you think we could beat them?

Yes in a word.  Both teams are professionals so should be as fit as each other. They of course have a higher calibre players, but will have a dilemma, full team or a weakened team as they are striving to go up. I bet a weakened team, so could falter and if we are good enough, we could take the initiative. But we need to put a plug in our leaky back.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 39 - 42
5 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards The New Fishy › Just Back

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.