diehardmariner
November 15, 2023, 10:10am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.99
Rep Score: +36 / -6
Approval: +17,632
Gold Stars: 539
Quoted from 123614

And there we have it, why do you think he got selected once in a blue moon?

The guy who only selected him once in a blue moon was sacked for failing to win enough games.  I'm not sure that really backs up your argument.
Private Message
Reply: 170 - 183
November 15, 2023, 9:52pm
Guest User
Quoted from diehardmariner

The guy who only selected him once in a blue moon was sacked for failing to win enough games.  I'm not sure that really backs up your argument.

Oh. so the reason we lost all those games was because PH didn't play Hunt...............right!

Reply: 171 - 183
chaos33
November 16, 2023, 7:19am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.58
Rep Score: +66 / -33
Approval: +17,937
Gold Stars: 360
Quoted from 123614

Oh. so the reason we lost all those games was because PH didn't play Hunt...............right!

Classic ‘straw man’.

Ask yourself this mate…….looking at all of diehard’s posts - do you really think he’s saying that? Honestly? Look at the detail and the balance of his views. I don’t believe you could really conclude that. I think you just seem to need to antagonise.

"You should do what you love while you can"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 172 - 183
1mickylyons
November 16, 2023, 7:42am
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.53
Rep Score: +42 / -14
Approval: +9,386
Gold Stars: 56
Quoted from chaos33

Classic ‘straw man’.

Ask yourself this mate…….looking at all of diehard’s posts - do you really think he’s saying that? Honestly? Look at the detail and the balance of his views. I don’t believe you could really conclude that. I think you just seem to need to antagonise.

Totally agree he's a WUM and a poor one at that.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 173 - 183
It Bites
November 16, 2023, 7:46am
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.45
Rep Score: +4 / -10
Approval: +2,216
Gold Stars: 265
I didn’t realise that was Jamie Andrews first senior goal
Private Message
Reply: 174 - 183
GrimPol
November 16, 2023, 7:54am
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.60
Rep Score: +3 / -7
Approval: -674
Gold Stars: 69
Quoted from 123614

We lost those games due to poor management decisions overall, and not playing Hunt is in that mix.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 175 - 183
November 16, 2023, 9:30am
Guest User
Quoted from chaos33

Classic ‘straw man’.

That IS what he said, whichever way you want to put it.  And no, I don't want to antagonize, I want to make factual statements wherever I can, especially when people make generalised posts with no factual input, but a lot of speculation.  This is a forum right, where you can post your opinions and debate with others?

Reply: 176 - 183
November 16, 2023, 9:32am
Guest User
Quoted from 1mickylyons

Totally agree he's a WUM and a poor one at that.

Haha, you are so far wrong, quote me where I wind up people, and that doesn't mean posts where I disagree with what people say, that is called having an opinion.

Reply: 177 - 183
November 16, 2023, 9:35am
Guest User
Quoted from GrimPol

We lost those games due to poor management decisions overall, and not playing Hunt is in that mix.

That's your opinion.  My opinion is that for whatever reason, PH didn't select Hunt, which as Manager was his choice.  We don't know what Hunt was like in training, what his attitude was to being dropped etc.

Reply: 178 - 183
chaos33
November 16, 2023, 10:40am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.58
Rep Score: +66 / -33
Approval: +17,937
Gold Stars: 360
Quoted from 123614

That IS what he said, whichever way you want to put it.  And no, I don't want to antagonize, I want to make factual statements wherever I can, especially when people make generalised posts with no factual input, but a lot of speculation.  This is a forum right, where you can post your opinions and debate with others?

Except he didn’t say that. Its not the sort of sentiment he, or any other rational poster would make. You put two and two together and deliberately misrepresented his actual view, or, presented it in its most extreme interpretation. And you did that in order to make an obtuse, wrong point, or to illicit an argumentative dynamic. That’s what a straw man argument is. I repeat - do you actually want us to take your ‘opinion’ of his factual comment seriously knowing that nobody would credibly claim that Hurst was sacked because he chose not to select Hunt? I either don’t believe you, or find that conclusion, if it is a real one for you, to be incredulous. Diehard is about the least likely contributor to post something as crass. You, however, do have form in exactly this kind of area - usually seeing you retreat to a bogus victim/I’m entitled to my opinion position.

Facts are - Hurst didn’t select Hunt very often. He also did/didn’t select lots of other players and often it didn’t work out well. When Hunt did play I think everyone felt he didn’t do enough to justify a change of those decisions and didn’t play to the standards he had previously shown. Giving him a run of games might have seen him put that right; we’ll never know.If anyone has said ‘Hurst was sacked and results were poor because he didn’t play Hunt enough’, maybe you can point at that.

"You should do what you love while you can"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 179 - 183
19 Pages Prev ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards The New Fishy › Match Thread Slough

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.