Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards The New Fishy › VAR Spurs v Chelsea *** And Now Man Utd
Moderators: Moderator
Users Browsing Forum

VAR Spurs v Chelsea *** And Now Man Utd

This thread currently has 2,655 views. Print
4 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 All Recommend Thread
pen penfras
November 9, 2023, 8:03pm

Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.66
Rep Score: +8 / -9
Approval: -126
Gold Stars: 71

You've forgotten that Eisa's goals earlier in the season didn't count because they were good.

Lots said he won't keep scoring screamers every week and we're in trouble when that happens. Looks like we were right. Nothing to do with them not counting, everything to do with us creating naff all
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 30 - 39
Maringer
November 10, 2023, 7:24am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.87
Rep Score: +60 / -12
Approval: +16,537
Gold Stars: 185
The problem with Eisa of late isn't as much that he's stopped scoring screamers, but that he's missed some absolute sitters in games where we would probably have got some sort of a result if he'd tapped them in. I can think of a couple.

Obviously, if he'd scored other screamers after missing said sitters, it wouldn't be such an issue!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 31 - 39
pen penfras
November 10, 2023, 7:29am

Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.66
Rep Score: +8 / -9
Approval: -126
Gold Stars: 71
Quoted from Maringer
The problem with Eisa of late isn't as much that he's stopped scoring screamers, but that he's missed some absolute sitters in games where we would probably have got some sort of a result if he'd tapped them in. I can think of a couple.

Obviously, if he'd scored other screamers after missing said sitters, it wouldn't be such an issue!

That's the irony here. When he was scoring those, we didn't create anything for someone to tap in. Now we are creating more, but missing easy chances.

Whilst we're missing sitters, I'm confident of moving up the league. If we stop creating because confidence drops lower then we're in real trouble
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 32 - 39
Rick12
November 10, 2023, 7:35am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.15
Rep Score: +42 / -3
Approval: +255
Gold Stars: 45
Think VAR is here to stay but needs tweaking as and when it should be used . For me has been overall a positive particularly during the world cups and European championships ( tend to follow more now than club football) but I admit has been some teething problems as well .

One life,one love .
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 33 - 39
Ruston AT
November 10, 2023, 8:38am
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.12
Rep Score: +5 / 0
Approval: +431
Gold Stars: 10
Quoted from Rick12
Think VAR is here to stay but needs tweaking as and when it should be used . For me has been overall a positive particularly during the world cups and European championships ( tend to follow more now than club football) but I admit has been some teething problems as well .

I agree, it's here to stay and eventually coming our way. Personally , I think ex professional footballers should be involved in both VAR and the refereeing world which appears to be a cabal .
I've been led to understand that to referee in the premier league it's by invitation, maybe someone can clarify that .
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 34 - 39
Rick12
November 10, 2023, 8:51am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.15
Rep Score: +42 / -3
Approval: +255
Gold Stars: 45
Quoted from Ruston AT

I agree, it's here to stay and eventually coming our way.  

I look back at certain instances in world football and feel at times the referee makes glaring mistakes on the most prestigious of nights which could potentially change the dreams of people. Howard Webb for instance not giving De Jong a straight red on Xabi Alonso after that flying kick in his chest in the 2010 world cup final. I get that people are only human and  high pressure matches can get to them which is why extra help is a bonus for me via VAR.

One life,one love .
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 35 - 39
cardiffmariner
November 10, 2023, 1:34pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.11
Rep Score: +10 / -2
Approval: +1,321
Gold Stars: 24
Quoted from pen penfras

Lots said he won't keep scoring screamers every week and we're in trouble when that happens. Looks like we were right. Nothing to do with them not counting, everything to do with us creating naff all

Erm, but we are scoring goals. The problem is we’re letting too many in. How many games have we failed to score in? How many have we failed to keep a clean sheet in?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 36 - 39
ginnywings
November 10, 2023, 5:11pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.03
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,143
Gold Stars: 548
VAR was put to it's proper use in the West Ham game last night. They won 1-0, but without VAR, a perfectly good goal would have been ruled out for offside and cost them 2 points, which could be the difference between progressing or not in Europe.

Even then though, the time it took to arrive at the right decision was an age, when it was clear on first viewing of the replay that he was well onside.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 37 - 39
BobbyCummingsTackle
November 10, 2023, 5:30pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.54
Rep Score: +8 / -4
Location: Clowns to the left of me, jokers to the right, stuck in the middle...
Approval: +7,278
Gold Stars: 306
Quoted from Ruston AT

I agree, it's here to stay and eventually coming our way. Personally , I think ex professional footballers should be involved in both VAR and the refereeing world which appears to be a cabal .
I've been led to understand that to referee in the premier league it's by invitation, maybe someone can clarify that .

I have heard that ex players run a mile from being a ref because they don't want the grief.

Miss Scunthorpe. Not a beauty pageant, just sound advice.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 38 - 39
toontown
November 10, 2023, 6:34pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.57
Rep Score: +13 / 0
Approval: +6,279
Gold Stars: 70
Quoted from cardiffmariner

Erm, but we are scoring goals. The problem is we’re letting too many in. How many games have we failed to score in? How many have we failed to keep a clean sheet in?

We are creating chances now. The point about Eisa at the time was we weren't creating much and were relying on him scoring worldies but it was pointed out that the team couldn't count on him continuing to do that, as it was incredibly unlikely. He hasn't. The team have managed to start fashioning more chances but they are less defensively capable when doing that.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 39 - 39
4 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards The New Fishy › VAR Spurs v Chelsea *** And Now Man Utd

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.