Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards The New Fishy › VAR Spurs v Chelsea *** And Now Man Utd
Moderators: Moderator
Users Browsing Forum
AdSense and 54 Guests

VAR Spurs v Chelsea *** And Now Man Utd

This thread currently has 2,657 views. Print
4 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 Next All Recommend Thread
November 7, 2023, 8:12pm
Guest User
I keep viewing it and can completely see why it was given as a red.  I'm still not convinced it was however.

The ball takes a wicked spin away as a result of the tackle which leads to his leg following through.

If the ball doesn't spin away that's not even given as a foul as his foot remains behind the ball.  When slowed down it looks horrific when you see his foot on the opponents shin. In real time it looks totally different hence the reason it wasn't seen as a foul by the referee.

I guess that's VAR for you and the general consensus of the forum is that it's damaging football.

Luckily it's not due at BP anytime soon.
Reply: 10 - 39
moosey_club
November 7, 2023, 10:25pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.71
Rep Score: +69 / -22
Approval: +20,266
Gold Stars: 226
I love VAR........hated it when I first met it in South London but grew to love it when I had a dirty weekend away on the South Coast with it.  

2023/24 DLWDDWDLLLWDLLLLWDDDWDLLWLDLLDWDDWLLDWLWLWL but not NLN 😁
2022/23LDWDWWDWLLDWWDLLLDLWLLWLWLLWDDLDWWDDDLLWDWLWLW
2021/22 WDWWWWDLWWWWLLLWLLDLWLLWWDWWWLWDLWWDWWWDLWD play offs WWW Promoted 🥳
2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
2019/20  WDLDWWLDLWWLLLDLDLDLDDWWDLLWDDWWL WLLW - ended
2018/19  LWDDLLLLLLWWDWLLLWDWLWWWWLLLLWWWWDLLLDDLLDLWLW Hello Scunny  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 39
grimsby pete
November 7, 2023, 10:37pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.80
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,800
Gold Stars: 222
Nobody have mentioned that five goals were disallowed by VAR. as well.   .

Spurs end up with nine men on the pitch so apart from the two sending off and five goals there was the penalty to look at .

I thought the game was never going to end.  

Over 36 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             68 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 39
The Yard Dog
November 8, 2023, 2:22pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.43
Rep Score: +14 / -2
Approval: +3,504
Gold Stars: 74
So long it not introduced into EFL pyamid, not bothered as I don't watch Premiershit and the BBC Toyland pundits on Match of the day.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 39
OddShapedBalls
November 8, 2023, 2:30pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.03
Rep Score: +5 / -1
Approval: +1,191
Gold Stars: 39
When your job is to run the VAR and 4 of you are employed to do so at each game, you're going to make sure there's loads of VAR decisions to justify keeping your job.....

Should be an open mike so we can all hear the discussion, and should only be used if the ref requests help/something serious the ref couldn't see has occurred
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 39
Poojah
November 8, 2023, 2:32pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.25
Rep Score: +76 / -11
Approval: +29,580
Gold Stars: 1,502
Quoted from The Yard Dog
So long it not introduced into EFL pyamid, not bothered as I don't watch Premiershit and the BBC Toyland pundits on Match of the day.

I think the new EFL TV deal that commences next season represents a step towards that, regrettably. From next season 45% of League Two games will be broadcast live on Sky, with the requisite increase in cameras that brings with it, and of course the revenue it creates for game to spunk, be that on players, agents, infrastructure or whatever.

There’s a potential challenge in finding the manpower for a further 36 EFL games each weekend but I suspect there are potential solutions for that.

I’d expect to see VAR in the EFL within 5 years. Whether that’s enough time to iron out its obvious flaws is anyone’s guess.

A smooth sea never made a skillful mariner.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 39
Les Brechin
November 8, 2023, 3:02pm

Posts Per Day: 4.17
Rep Score: +114 / -24
Approval: +12,713
Gold Stars: 174
No doubt about it, we need goal-line technology but apart from that, leave the bloody game alone.

OFFICIAL FUNDRAISER FOR THE BRAIN TUMOUR CHARITY
TOTAL AMOUNT RAISED SINCE AUGUST 2008 £16613.24

LATEST DONATION - FROM DONATION FROM THE FISHY FORUM - AUG 2023 AMOUNT RAISED £170.00

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 39
Grimsby Is Not In Yorkshire
November 8, 2023, 3:38pm
Shandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.10
Approval: +244
Gold Stars: 17
VAR continues to amuse me daily. Many moaned about refs. VAR eventually get’s introduced and (premiershit) fans moan even more! Careful what you wish for.

As someone said further up the thread, we have to accept refs will make mistakes. Then leave the game alone. Doubt that will happen though.

But I’m a dinosaur who would prefer terracing back, black boots only, shirts numbered 1-11 and one minute silences not clapping.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 39
Poojah
November 8, 2023, 3:47pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.25
Rep Score: +76 / -11
Approval: +29,580
Gold Stars: 1,502
VAR continues to amuse me daily. Many moaned about refs. VAR eventually get’s introduced and (premiershit) fans moan even more! Careful what you wish for.

As someone said further up the thread, we have to accept refs will make mistakes. Then leave the game alone. Doubt that will happen though.

But I’m a dinosaur who would prefer terracing back, black boots only, shirts numbered 1-11 and one minute silences not clapping.

I’ve said previously that the overwhelming number of officiating “mistakes” are either marginal or contentious. It’s the 1% or 2% which are absolute howlers - ghost goals, balls blatantly crossing the line and not given etc. - that need eradicating and could be done so quite easily.

Still, VAR has to justify its own costs and so has to be over engineered. At least we’ve got an FA Cup quarter final to thank for it. Now, where did all that money go…

A smooth sea never made a skillful mariner.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 39
promotion plaice
November 8, 2023, 3:55pm

Posts Per Day: 3.85
Rep Score: +20 / -13
Approval: +17,077
Gold Stars: 198

Best game I've watched all season, I thought VAR added to the entertainment.

Long live VAR.

When Leeds trainer Les Cocker was once told Norman Hunter had broken a leg, he asked: “Whose is it?”
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 19 - 39
4 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards The New Fishy › VAR Spurs v Chelsea *** And Now Man Utd

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.