This thread currently has 8,933 views. Print
8 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next All Recommend Thread
promotion plaice
November 2, 2023, 1:42pm

Posts Per Day: 3.85
Rep Score: +20 / -13
Approval: +17,049
Gold Stars: 197

If we lose to Slough the players need to be given a rocket.

I'll get my coat  

When Leeds trainer Les Cocker was once told Norman Hunter had broken a leg, he asked: “Whose is it?”
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 30 - 70
headingly_mariner
November 2, 2023, 9:21pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.98
Rep Score: +34 / -21
Approval: +10,342
Gold Stars: 113
How do we stream the game on Sunday? It appears to be on ESPN+
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 31 - 70
HerveJosse
November 2, 2023, 9:38pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.89
Rep Score: +6 / -3
Approval: +1,206
Gold Stars: 144
I bet there’s a few disgruntled tabloid copy editors who are annoyed by Vernam being injured for Sunday. Otherwise they could have gone for:

VERNHAM HOGGS LIMELIGHT IN SLOUGH SPANKING
It was a Great (Grimsby) day at the office for winger as his hat-trick helped The Mariners sail into the FA Cup Second Round.

Stevenage sèx pest sought by police as another otter shows signs of being crushed by a fat man. Have you been affected by this story? Phone Dan Wootton / Martin Branning on 07438 169054 or just send pictures of yourself in your pants

I am just hoping we don’t make a pigs ear of it
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 32 - 70
Abdul19
November 2, 2023, 10:08pm

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 3.41
Rep Score: +71 / -26
Approval: +17,565
Gold Stars: 216
Slough on Sunday - it's a goooooood paper

JESUS AT THE CENTRE
Private Message
Reply: 33 - 70
forza ivano
November 2, 2023, 10:17pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 2.46
Rep Score: +72 / -20
Approval: +15,176
Gold Stars: 265
some background
it's a sell out on Sunday. This is possibly their biggest game for a generation having been nomads for years.
They are one of the smallest clubs in conference south, average crowds under 1000 and a part time club in a sea of professional teams,
Scott Davies the player manager is still a very good player and very intelligent young coach (ex Aylesbury Grammar School). Some of you may remember him from when he scored a penalty against us at Aldershot and milked it to the full.Was destined for big things before his weaknesses took hold. takes a sublime free kick. Tells me the has no injuries and has a plan! very good battling side - a team whose sum is greater than their parts.
Aylesbury United have a big interest in Sunday's game. Scott is Aylesbury born and bred and he has a local legend,Jefferson Louis, as fitness coach. Jefferson is as fit as a flea and has had as many clubs as he has had birthdays!
Jeanmal Prosper may feature - was playing step 5 about 6 seasons ago until Ben Williams at AUFC spotted him. Made a transformational change to a struggling team and has kicked on since then, will enjoy seeing him again - the only right back I've seen who only rarely popped up at right back, so busy was he marauding elsewhere! his wife worked for my wife n they've just had their first baby
Tom McElroy may feature from the bench -ex AGS & Loughborough Uni, son of a surgeon.very young but very strong forward who has an eye for the goals and was a stand out player for Aylesbury.
Had a loan keeper from Arsenal but binned him after 3 days due to poor attitude. Lutrhra is completely different - young, but huge n v. competent.
Josh Jackman is your archetypal lower league defender and club captain. Been with them for years and a massive presence.
They've got  a couple of midfielders in Jackson n Lench who should possibly be playing higher, but are well paid n happy with their lot.Jackson in particular is a quality operator. Along with Scott it makes up a v. strong midfield.
George Alexander up front is on loan from our favourite hate club - Bromley. Also up front is nathan Minhas who's had a perpatetic career until 3 years ago. Seemed to then grasp the opportunity and scored 50+ goals in 2 seasons at a level below (step 3) for Beaconsfield

their ace in the pack is David Ogbonna, v.v. quick, skillful right winger . had played at step 4 for several years where he was the outstanding player for Hertford, but just seemed happy playing with his mates. He ripped Aylesbury, and a number of other Southern League clubs to shreds, last season. Somehow Scott managed to persuade him to go for it and he's prospered. there's some youtube videos of his extravagant pace n skills. He could easily rip Amos to shreds if he's on his game.really good player
I hope to be able to report more after our meal on Saturday night but mums the word till then!

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 34 - 70
grimsby pete
November 2, 2023, 10:33pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.80
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,797
Gold Stars: 222
They have a bar in the main stand so it might be worth giving them a ring tomorrow to get stocked up.

The GRIMSBY fans have drank many a non league club dry.

Over 36 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             68 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 35 - 70
SouthLakesMariner
November 2, 2023, 10:40pm
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.07
Rep Score: +1 / 0
Approval: +935
Gold Stars: 21
Quoted from MarinerRob

If I remember right, Dave Moore was in charge and we played some great football and were unlucky to lose.

Despite losing, we were excellent that day, with the Town fans in good voice singing:

“Who needs Mourinho, we’ve got our physio”
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 36 - 70
Croxton
November 2, 2023, 10:52pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.75
Rep Score: +14 / -4
Approval: +3,014
Gold Stars: 33
Quoted from forza ivano
some background
it's a sell out on Sunday. This is possibly their biggest game for a generation having been nomads for years.
They are one of the smallest clubs in conference south, average crowds under 1000 and a part time club in a sea of professional teams,
Scott Davies the player manager is still a very good player and very intelligent young coach (ex Aylesbury Grammar School). Some of you may remember him from when he scored a penalty against us at Aldershot and milked it to the full.Was destined for big things before his weaknesses took hold. takes a sublime free kick. Tells me the has no injuries and has a plan! very good battling side - a team whose sum is greater than their parts.
Aylesbury United have a big interest in Sunday's game. Scott is Aylesbury born and bred and he has a local legend,Jefferson Louis, as fitness coach. Jefferson is as fit as a flea and has had as many clubs as he has had birthdays!
Jeanmal Prosper may feature - was playing step 5 about 6 seasons ago until Ben Williams at AUFC spotted him. Made a transformational change to a struggling team and has kicked on since then, will enjoy seeing him again - the only right back I've seen who only rarely popped up at right back, so busy was he marauding elsewhere! his wife worked for my wife n they've just had their first baby
Tom McElroy may feature from the bench -ex AGS & Loughborough Uni, son of a surgeon.very young but very strong forward who has an eye for the goals and was a stand out player for Aylesbury.
Had a loan keeper from Arsenal but binned him after 3 days due to poor attitude. Lutrhra is completely different - young, but huge n v. competent.
Josh Jackman is your archetypal lower league defender and club captain. Been with them for years and a massive presence.
They've got  a couple of midfielders in Jackson n Lench who should possibly be playing higher, but are well paid n happy with their lot.Jackson in particular is a quality operator. Along with Scott it makes up a v. strong midfield.
George Alexander up front is on loan from our favourite hate club - Bromley. Also up front is nathan Minhas who's had a perpatetic career until 3 years ago. Seemed to then grasp the opportunity and scored 50+ goals in 2 seasons at a level below (step 3) for Beaconsfield

their ace in the pack is David Ogbonna, v.v. quick, skillful right winger . had played at step 4 for several years where he was the outstanding player for Hertford, but just seemed happy playing with his mates. He ripped Aylesbury, and a number of other Southern League clubs to shreds, last season. Somehow Scott managed to persuade him to go for it and he's prospered. there's some youtube videos of his extravagant pace n skills. He could easily rip Amos to shreds if he's on his game.really good player
I hope to be able to report more after our meal on Saturday night but mums the word till then!

Good shout for Agbonna who figures in these highlights. Pace and trickery but not a regular starter. Luthra in goal for this qualifier too.

https://www.sloughtownfc.net/videos/5713
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 37 - 70
chaos33
November 2, 2023, 11:39pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.58
Rep Score: +66 / -33
Approval: +17,929
Gold Stars: 360
Quoted from forza ivano
some background

Arsed. We’re gonna smash them out the park.

"You should do what you love while you can"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 38 - 70
marinerjase
November 3, 2023, 8:10am
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.36
Rep Score: +31 / -1
Approval: +2,654
Gold Stars: 147
Whatever anyone thinks of our position, or looks down their nose at theirs, this is the example of a tie that makes the FA Cup. (Before the big clubs whinge about fixture congestion and change it even more to suit themselves that is..)

A side struggling near the foot of League 2..not had a result for a while..manager sacked..going to a club with absolutely nothing to lose ..on a plastic pitch.

Our side really not much to gain..win comfortably and it’s ‘expected’..narrow win ‘frowned upon’…draw or defeat..’more pelters’ from support and media. Whereas Slough have everything to gain..

I think it’s going to be a test..if their plans don’t involve giving us an aggressive, fast paced start I’d be surprised…a few testing balls on the surface, physical contest, mixed with a bit of pace on the right. Ben and SP will need to get those selected for us ‘at it’ from the get go.

Think we’ll get through personally, but it’ll be tough, might be a hiccup along the way..

About a mile away from Arbour Park is Stoke Poges golf club, very good course.. think I’m right in saying they filmed a few James Bond scenes there when Sean Connery played Bond, and a fair few ‘celebs’ play there.

Lived there (Slough) for a few years late 90’s/early 2000’s..so making a trip back, bit too close to the ex wife for my liking but needs must..the boys need supporting. Just 🙏 we can get through. UTM

‘I just f*cking threw myself at it’

Mani D 23 May 2022
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 39 - 70
8 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards The New Fishy › Slough on Sunday

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.